The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front Receiver Hitch Install

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
So now I’ve got a problem…

I became aware today (after plugging in the winch remote before flipping the 500amp switch) that the quick connect cable connected to the Albright switch, is live. Like all the time live, even without key in the vehicle.

So now the questions…

This is unsafe, right? It’s covered with a rubber cap, but that doesn’t seem adequate for wire with this much power to be the permanent/only safety measure.

Would it drain the battery if quick connects are not connected to anything? I haven’t noticed any issues in 2 months, but I do have dual batteries and drive it daily.

Is the 500amp switch only connected to the rear NATO plug if you didn’t order a factory front winch?

Could the Albright switch be “broken” in an always on scenario?

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Not an expert on this topic, but as I understand it - the 500 amp switch is SUPPOSED only trigger the switch/relay on the winch circuit wired to the front winch with the vehicle in D/N/R and it should not be live unless the switch trips the relay. I have not tested the NATO plug, but it do not the switch/relay trips when you throw the 500 amp switch as you can heat. As I understand it, the NATO plug is designed to jump other vehicles and run accessories and it not suppose to be subject to the transmission position, like the front switch/relay.

The fact that you are HOT all the time means that it is not wired to the switch/relay in the right rear of the vehicle after the NATO switch. There will be current drag even without something hooked up, but it should be minimal.

Now - if you have not touched the wiring then the switch is certainly stuck based on how it is supposed to function. I would see if you can hear it trip when you flip the switch on the overhead. Mine is VERY lout and should be based on the fact that is trips 500 amps.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
When I flip the switch overhead I can hear the relay click on.

But it has power before the switch is flipped.

my biggest fear right now is a deep water crossing on Sunday. I feel like that’s pretty close to throwing a toaster in a bathtub.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
my biggest fear right now is a deep water crossing on Sunday. I feel like that’s pretty close to throwing a toaster in a bathtub.
A toaster is 240v (well , only 120V in the USA)
You'll be right, mate ;) It's only 12v.

Back
Top Bottom