The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front and rear number plates fell off

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I found my front number plate on the ground, as you can see from the photo it was only attached with poor quality double sided tape on a limited surface area. Also some of the tape was overlapped further reducing the contact area. After cleaning the existing tape from the plate, there was nothing on the bumper. I used the following tape to refit :- https://www.diy.com/departments/3m-...ounting-tape-l-5m-w-19mm/4054596685819_BQ.prd.
When I was done I thought to check the rear plate and found it just hanging on the tow hitch, resecured as above.
Now it maybe coincidence or not but the day before was the first I’ve had the vehicle on a rough farm track full of pot holes causing lurching from side to side. During the night there was also very heavy rain and strong winds so I think this is what final caused them to come off. I had a look at various photos on the forum and there is a mix of mechanical fixings and double sided tape used to secure the plates.IMG_1203.jpegIMG_1208.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I found my front number plate on the ground, as you can see from the photo it was only attached with poor quality double sided tape on a limited surface area. Also some of the tape was overlapped further reducing the contact area. After cleaning the existing tape from the plate, there was nothing on the bumper. I used the following tape to refit :- https://www.diy.com/departments/3m-...ounting-tape-l-5m-w-19mm/4054596685819_BQ.prd.
When I was done I thought to check the rear plate and found it just hanging on the tow hitch, resecured as above.
Now it maybe coincidence or not but the day before was the first I’ve had the vehicle on a rough farm track full of pot holes causing lurching from side to side. During the night there was also very heavy rain and strong winds so I think this is what final caused them to come off. I had a look at various photos on the forum and there is a mix of mechanical fixings and double sided tape used to secure the plates.View attachment 7817853View attachment 7817852
Mine are fixed with 4 screws per plate 👍🏼

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now it maybe coincidence or not but the day before was the first I’ve had the vehicle on a rough farm track full of pot holes causing lurching from side to side. During the night there was also very heavy rain and strong winds so I think this is what final caused them to come off. I had a look at various photos on the forum and there is a mix of mechanical fixings and double sided tape used to secure the plates.View attachment 7817853View attachment 7817852
Now that's one that can't be laid at IA's door. I am not a lover of tape, it comes off when you don't want it to but is the opposite when trying to take them off, a pain in the butt. I prefer plastic nuts and bolts or number plate holders on my trailers.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Would be talking to your agent about that. Thats not an INEOS thing. Never seen number plates attached with double sided tape

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be talking to your agent about that. Thats not an INEOS thing. Never seen number plates attached with double sided tape
Actually in the UK double sided tape is probably the most common method used by suppling dealers. (They hate drilling or tapping holes in their nice new cars)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Actually in the UK double sided tape is probably the most common method used by suppling dealers. (They hate drilling or tapping holes in their nice new cars)
Really? Never seen it here.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I could understand that if they had to drill into the metal bodywork but drilling into a plastic bumper of the Grenadier is the sensible option I think.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's a flanged insert for fastening licence plates into plastic bumpers. Something like flanged plastic drywall plug. Screw the plate to the insert.....;)
Secure that front number plate real well on the U.K. and EU spec models and then someone will come along with a coin and twist open the two screws on the winch access plate and Nick your number plate. 😂

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer screws on the plates as he said he didn’t think sticky tabs would adhere to the plastic bumper very well.
I put helicopter tape on the top part of the rear bumper/boot threshold to protect it from our dog getting in and out but it didn’t stick well. The slightly textured finish to the rear bumper isn’t very good for sticking taping to.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the two squares gave you an area to fix a couple of screws into on the front:
IMG_20230625_184933.jpg

And there was a couple of bolts on the rear that could be used:
FB_IMG_1676308949690.jpg

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I've always used 3D velcro for the number plates on my 911, they hold up in car washes and on the street

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
all-wheel drive is available, but the ground clearance .........😩

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter