The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
I have my foot positioned towards the middle of the accelerator pedal. Twice I nearly caused an accident, you either press the accelerator then a delay. Or press it harder and it full power. Can’t modulate it very well and takes a bit getting use to.
A pedal commander will help with this.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you mean a throttle controller?
yes

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have my foot positioned towards the middle of the accelerator pedal. Twice I nearly caused an accident, you either press the accelerator then a delay. Or press it harder and it full power. Can’t modulate it very well and takes a bit getting use to.
I select Manual mode and shift down a gear or two, keeping the revs up...happy motoring (y)

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Hey there .
This is the case and what the Australian engineers told me during my PT03 test drives. They did put this back to the design team early but got zero response from IA headquarters. Just so we know there was concerns put back to IA by our good Aussie Engineers but feel on "it will be ok" cloth ears. Anyway try 700km in a day and get back to me - Mt longest stint in a day and it was a little cramped tell the truth.
Well Trobex. Mod #1 on the flooring.

A visit to Clark rubber and got some 10mm closed cell foam to even the floor out and some PVC Coil Matting to finish it. It is much nicer.

When my vehicle arrives I’ll modify the flooring more to remove that protrusion circled and see how that goes.

Attachments

• IMG_7595.jpeg
    IMG_7595.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey there .

A visit to Clark rubber and got some 10mm closed cell foam to even the floor out and some PVC Coil Matting to finish it. It is much nicer.

When my vehicle arrives I’ll modify the flooring more to remove that protrusion circled and see how that goes.
That looks neat, how was your drive to Exmouth?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Hey there .

Great idea, I thought of cutting the thick protection plastic a while ago, but didn't have the courage. I wonder why the decided to make the foot rest so wide when it was not necessary.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha. The old RHD footrest issue. In the UK press release reviews no less than 9 of the videos I watched bring up the RHD footrest. It's an oddity, no other "well engineered" vehicle that I have seen for the$100K AUD market has had such a thing exist in design note have I seen it in any modern wagon. But, as ridiculous as the design flaw is, I'll still enjoy my Gren I'm sure, even if I need an extra visit to the Chiro each month! I have photos of the RHD footrest from looking at it side on from a recent test drive. Nothing a 3 inch timber block can't fix.
Dude, take off your LH shoe and all
Is grand 😅

Local time
Reaction score
Hey there .

Hi Nocrays
Have you received your vehicle yet, and modified the flooring? I have a Quartermaster on order, and have driven a Grenadier. My Quartermaster will be my work ute, and wear boots at work. My test drive was in deck shoes, so much smaller shoes. I found it uncomfortable finding a position for my left foot to rest during my test drive. Settled on wedging between the brake pedal and having my knee up against the hard plastic of the centre console. Removing the lining should alleviate this by giving me an other 60mm to get my foot in to stretch out. In my 110 Defender, I can slide my boot under the brake pedal, and rest my foot on the floor.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
Hi Nocrays
Have you received your vehicle yet, and modified the flooring? I have a Quartermaster on order, and have driven a Grenadier. My Quartermaster will be my work ute, and wear boots at work. My test drive was in deck shoes, so much smaller shoes. I found it uncomfortable finding a position for my left foot to rest during my test drive. Settled on wedging between the brake pedal and having my knee up against the hard plastic of the centre console. Removing the lining should alleviate this by giving me an other 60mm to get my foot in to stretch out. In my 110 Defender, I can slide my boot under the brake pedal, and rest my foot on the floor.
Make sure your seat is up high and you shouldn't have any problems

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Nocrays
Hi Bud.

Nope still waiting for my Grenadier. Apparently it’s not too far from Fremantle so should have it mid May.

Like you and others I’ve spoken the shape of the cockpit is not ideal. I find it bizarre that this was not addressed for RHD vehicles from the outset. The LHD setup looks spot on.

I’ve done 13,000 km and just finished a 5000km trip in the NW of WA in the loaner and still believe it needs modifying to suit me.

There are a couple of things I’m going to try first.
1. Extend my rubber coil matting to line the sides of the drivers well as well as the floor. This should allow your left foot to touch left a little more in line with the console and slide fwd another inch.
2. Modify the brake pedal location to same alignment of the LHD.
3. Experiment with seat location. Up and right by 15mm. Up will allow it to extend back further when raised (it slides fwd when you pump up) and to the Right takes pressure off the knee on console.

Once I get mine I’ll properly model what room I have to play with under the floor and see what can be done. I think a replacement bolt in floor panel would be the go to prevent any access issues and allow the design to be fine tuned.

Once I retire I’ll have the time to work this through. I am very happy with vehicle apart from this.

PS. For all those who don’t have this issue with the RHD config, I’m glad for you, but don’t bother slagging comments from those who do.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bud.

Nope still waiting for my Grenadier. Apparently it’s not too far from Fremantle so should have it mid May.

Like you and others I’ve spoken the shape of the cockpit is not ideal. I find it bizarre that this was not addressed for RHD vehicles from the outset. The LHD setup looks spot on.

I’ve done 13,000 km and just finished a 5000km trip in the NW of WA in the loaner and still believe it needs modifying to suit me.

There are a couple of things I’m going to try first.
1. Extend my rubber coil matting to line the sides of the drivers well as well as the floor. This should allow your left foot to touch left a little more in line with the console and slide fwd another inch.
2. Modify the brake pedal location to same alignment of the LHD.
3. Experiment with seat location. Up and right by 15mm. Up will allow it to extend back further when raised (it slides fwd when you pump up) and to the Right takes pressure off the knee on console.

Once I get mine I’ll properly model what room I have to play with under the floor and see what can be done. I think a replacement bolt in floor panel would be the go to prevent any access issues and allow the design to be fine tuned.

Once I retire I’ll have the time to work this through. I am very happy with vehicle apart from this.

PS. For all those who don’t have this issue with the RHD config, I’m glad for you, but don’t bother slagging comments from those who do.
Thanks for the reply. Keep us informed of your outcome. My Quartermaster is due around the end of the year, so have some time.
On another note, your Avatar shows a 110 with a very similar paint scheme to mine. I will have to sell my TD5 to help fund the Quartermaster. Mine is Cairns Blue with a white roof. Picked Donney Grey for the Inios.
Cheers,
Ken

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Keep us informed of your outcome. My Quartermaster is due around the end of the year, so have some time.
On another note, your Avatar shows a 110 with a very similar paint scheme to mine. I will have to sell my TD5 to help fund the Quartermaster. Mine is Cairns Blue with a white roof. Picked Donney Grey for the Inios.
Cheers,
Ken
Yep my 110 is Oslo blue (of what paint is remaining) with white roof.

There was another thread I’ve seen that I can’t find (could have been Facebook) where a fella from NZ has just cut the footrest out of the flooring. Believe he also looking at a floor mod. I’ll keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom