The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Floor scratches from grit between the rubber piece and metal

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Hey all:

Noticed some very light scratches in the metal floor in the driver's footwell, presumably from sand/grit between the rubber floor piece and the floor itself. None appear to be through to the metal, just surface. Any ideas how to best care for this? Was just going to hit it with some clear touch up but if there's any better method please let me know. I assume it's steel, so would prefer to get well ahead of any possible corrosion issues so I can still hose it down from time to time.

WeatherTech can't come out with their mats soon enough...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey all:

Noticed some very light scratches in the metal floor in the driver's footwell, presumably from sand/grit between the rubber floor piece and the floor itself. None appear to be through to the metal, just surface. Any ideas how to best care for this? Was just going to hit it with some clear touch up but if there's any better method please let me know. I assume it's steel, so would prefer to get well ahead of any possible corrosion issues so I can still hose it down from time to time.

WeatherTech can't come out with their mats soon enough...
Are you using a generic rubber mat down there? I have the factory liners and they seem to be doing a nice job.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you using a generic rubber mat down there? I have the factory liners and they seem to be doing a nice job.

Nah, just the factory liner. My best guess is the sand got in there and I was using the floor with my feet (lol) it scratched between the liner and the metal floorboard. There's like ~6 light scratches, the majority of which are on that little hump in the floorboard.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nah, just the factory liner. My best guess is the sand got in there and I was using the floor with my feet (lol) it scratched between the liner and the metal floorboard. There's like ~6 light scratches, the majority of which are on that little hump in the floorboard.
I'll have to check mine out. Thanks for the heads up.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

No worries, FWIW I'm heading to the dealer to pick up the rubber floor mats later today and will update this if they have any thoughts.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

So they didn't seem terribly surprised but did reassure me that there was a ton of coating on the metal and that top layer is just paint. Asked about best ways to get in the nooks and crannies and shop vac or compressed air seem to be the answer. Ultimately said they expect this to be used and cleaned and hosed down so it's built and finished with that intention.

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
Hey have you removed the frinr factory rubber ones?? I tried but was not able to, cound not find how to “ uncrew” or get them loose

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey have you removed the frinr factory rubber ones?? I tried but was not able to, cound not find how to “ uncrew” or get them loose
I have not tried TBH.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Are you talking the rubber floor pieces themselves? You have to use like a coin to unscrew them.

Back
Top Bottom