The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Floor mats

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
The Weather tech photo is just a generic cargo hold picture. I wonder if the Grenadier version accounts for the utility tracks...Hopefully, an early buyer will post some pictures:)
It does, some one posted a photo in another thread

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess they will have the little "thorns" on the underside to grip the carpet?
That's what I am guessing, they may also require a small change in dimensions since I am sure the carpet takes a few millimeters. Also it doesn't have the square bits that stick out on the vinyl floors.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
WeatherTech mats arrived.
1000003769.jpg1000003770.jpg
They came with TechGrip IIB nubs to stick onto the vinyl floor to keep them from slipping. Driver's side already has the nubs. These are for the passenger side.
1000003776.jpg1000003777.jpg

I'm thinking of putting sticky back velcro under the edge to stop the mat from lifting if someone snags it with their foot...
1000003778.jpg

Attachments

• 1000003778.jpg
    1000003778.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 42

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
They look good, and as usual they rise high so should really protect the rest of the footwells. Ironically they are also made of a hard wearing material already.

I would still have some anyway. 👍

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
We haven’t tried to ask them. I did put myself on the list to be notified about the mats when they were available and still crickets. I’m glad others are having more luck!

I’ll get in touch with their sales people and see what we can do. I’m sure we could put 50-100 orders together right away.

Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully the Weathertechs will evolve in other colors than black for the Grenadier. Is there a rear seat floor mat specific to the Grenadier as I don’t see that as an option for them yet.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We haven’t tried to ask them. I did put myself on the list to be notified about the mats when they were available and still crickets. I’m glad others are having more luck!

I’ll get in touch with their sales people and see what we can do. I’m sure we could put 50-100 orders together right away.
I ordered mine the other day and they are shipping out today

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully the Weathertechs will evolve in other colors than black for the Grenadier. Is there a rear seat floor mat specific to the Grenadier as I don’t see that as an option for them yet.
I think they just have a kit for front and second row, and one for cargo behind second row. I’m supposed to get mine tomorrow. I just ordered the cargo kit with the bumper protection. I THINK the utility rail cutout will be up to us - they do NOT provide an option to indicate whether we have the utility rails, but the fit notes say something about indicators being printed on the mat for customer cutouts.

Last edited:

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the coverage on the left foot rest, sand loves to get on back there and this may help--although the gas pedal is still pretty vulnerable.

Did order a set and the rear cargo liner. No second row so that'll stay factory until WeatherTech makes a solution.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they just have a kit for front and second row, and one for cargo behind second row. I’m supposed to get mine tomorrow. I just ordered the cargo kit with the bumper protection. I THINK the utility rail cutout will be up to us - they do NOT provide an option to indicate whether we have the utility rails, but the fit notes say something about indicators being printed on the mat for customer cutouts.
Ok - ordered them on Monday, they arrived today. Perfect fit - I also got the cargo mat with the snap-on bumper cover. The utility rails were already cut out. The surface is not exactly sticky, but it will have enough grip to keep stuff from sliding around. Pictures attached - keep in mind this is 30 seconds after installation so it will flatten out over the next day or so. No real odor to speak of.IMG_4609.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4607.jpeg
    IMG_4607.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - ordered them on Monday, they arrived today. Perfect fit - I also got the cargo mat with the snap-on bumper cover. The utility rails were already cut out. The surface is not exactly sticky, but it will have enough grip to keep stuff from sliding around. Pictures attached - keep in mind this is 30 seconds after installation so it will flatten out over the next day or so. No real odor to speak of.View attachment 7852618
Thanks for that info. What is your take on the bumper cover?

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Will wait on the purchase until your feedback :) TY!

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just put the Weathertech cargo liner in. Fits well. Odd thing is the cargo liner shipped a day later than the floor mats and the floor mats haven’t arrived yet.

Edit: The floor mats arrived today. I realized that there aren’t any anchor points on the passenger side for the mats. They fit really well and glad i ordered them.

Last edited:

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in these (driver/passenger). I expected more from Weathertech. See grnamin's post from a few days ago for pictures. I don't like that the edge sticks up over the sill and catches you foot on entry. This will require some velcro strips to solve, but Weathertech could have just had them slide under the sill piece. They had their reasons, I know.
Also, I hate that they are hard plastic and not some softer rubber mat. Every time you move your foot there is a loud tapping of the mat hitting the liner below.
Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom