The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Delivery?????

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Definitely need to select locked low to get off that!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just 3 rather than a full load ~ Agent demo stock?

Also, curious that the steel wheels don't appear to have closed nuts. Up to now I've only seen closed nuts on both steel and alloy wheels.

Screenshot_20221202_080243_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20221202_080212_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Is the rear missing a centre cap?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The green with white roof looks sensational. Might have to review my choice of magic mushroom. Just worried about pinstriping on metallic.
I'm also thinking the white lettering on the dark one's ko2's with steels looks pretty tip top as well. Having decided long ago white lettering not for me. Quite like being indecisive for a change. (on the easily modified matters)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm also thinking the white lettering on the dark one's ko2's with steels looks pretty tip top as well. Having decided long ago white lettering not for me. Quite like being indecisive for a change. (on the easily modified matters)
I'm also coming around to it ~ the black steel wheel and black tyre look a little lost in the side views without it.

Local time
Reaction score
Hard to say from a video; but having lived with orange peel all over my Defender from new then I guess I'm more interested in it just staying on!
Yes remember being in a meeting with PPG

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
Just 3 rather than a full load ~ Agent demo stock?

Also, curious that the steel wheels don't appear to have closed nuts. Up to now I've only seen closed nuts on both steel and alloy wheels.

View attachment 7797072
View attachment 7797073

Is the rear missing a centre cap?
No - different type of axle - so under the front cap there is usually some grease and perhaps a castle nut fixing a ball bearing, front geometry is usually different because its steerable.
Not required on rear axle hence different construction.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No - different type of axle - so under the front cap there is usually some grease and perhaps a castle nut fixing a ball bearing, front geometry is usually different because its steerable.
Not required on rear axle hence different construction.
👍 Well I hadn't noticed previously that there aren't dust caps all round - off to check my Defender, as I would have sworn they had them on all axle ends.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
👍 Well I hadn't noticed previously that there aren't dust caps all round - off to check my Defender, as I would have sworn they had them on all axle ends.
It depends how the axle is constructed. - I remember from the past, - there are axles that have roller / ball bearings at the rear as well - Peugeot I remember, they have such grease caps at the rear as well. At Mitsubishi - at least my old one - with beam axles at rear - had exactly the same construction as IG to service the rear axle drive shaft and so that worked different. As I wrote - depends on construction of the axle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If they were customer vehicles i would have expected them to have paint protection etc pre PDI.

When some manufacturers go to this sort of effort:
GM-SUVs-CoverCar-720x340.jpeg

then this does look a little 2nd best:
Screenshot_20221202_134916_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Seeing car transporters up and down the motorways leading from one of the major car shipping ports in the UK, there does seem to be a huge variability in what measures are taken.

MarksGrenadier

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
I found that this youtube video link worked. And have to agree with above, the green and contrast roof looks amazing.

youtu.be/Bcgeg3C8rrs
I was all set for the Scottish White to keep it traditional but after seeing the Green with White roof in the video Im not so sure anymore. That's a great combo and I'm seriously thinking of going that route. Great British heritage color. Luckily I have a long wait in the US so i'll surely start seeing better pics and videos on the forums in the upcoming months.

Back
Top Bottom