The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First 100 Miles

gtank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m happy to report that I’ve officially picked up my Grenadier after nearly a 2.5 year wait, originally putting a deposit down in January 2022. What a wait!

It’s a Fieldmaster, Donney Grey on Inky Black roof with lockers and some other options (hitch, side rails, etc). I’m already in process of planning out my build as it won’t stay as it sits for long. I’ll need to get some better pics to show the contrast as I haven’t seen many on here.

The crew at Elliott Bay was great and spent a lot of time going through the truck in detail. I also ran through my own ‘PDI’ that I documented from all the discussions on the forum here. I know our experiences can differ, but I can say that none of the issues I’ve seen pop up here were present on my truck (and I jotted down a lot of things!). The only thing I caught was that my subwoofer wasn’t switch to on.

In terms of my driving impressions, even with the stock steering damper, is much more compliant around town and on the freeway than the 2004 G500 I drove for 10+ years. The G500 was a required two-hand driving experience and the handling got really twitchy at speed. The Grenadier is sooo much better. I’d already ordered the Fox damper from Agile and installed it in about 20 minutes, torqued to spec. The factory damper is an absolute unit…I may go against the grain and re-install it. To me, some of the charm of this truck, like my old G500, is heavy steering and that feeling it’s not an ordinary car.

TLDR: Absolutely in love with the truck after one short weekend and can’t wait to mod the thing more.

CE699B45-D21E-4437-B463-902ED5A2651D.jpeg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m happy to report that I’ve officially picked up my Grenadier after nearly a 2.5 year wait, originally putting a deposit down in January 2022. What a wait!

It’s a Fieldmaster, Donney Grey on Inky Black roof with lockers and some other options (hitch, side rails, etc). I’m already in process of planning out my build as it won’t stay as it sits for long. I’ll need to get some better pics to show the contrast as I haven’t seen many on here.

The crew at Elliott Bay was great and spent a lot of time going through the truck in detail. I also ran through my own ‘PDI’ that I documented from all the discussions on the forum here. I know our experiences can differ, but I can say that none of the issues I’ve seen pop up here were present on my truck (and I jotted down a lot of things!). The only thing I caught was that my subwoofer wasn’t switch to on.

In terms of my driving impressions, even with the stock steering damper, is much more compliant around town and on the freeway than the 2004 G500 I drove for 10+ years. The G500 was a required two-hand driving experience and the handling got really twitchy at speed. The Grenadier is sooo much better. I’d already ordered the Fox damper from Agile and installed it in about 20 minutes, torqued to spec. The factory damper is an absolute unit…I may go against the grain and re-install it. To me, some of the charm of this truck, like my old G500, is heavy steering and that feeling it’s not an ordinary car.

TLDR: Absolutely in love with the truck after one short weekend and can’t wait to mod the thing more.

View attachment 7856015
One more! Congratulations!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

View attachment 7856015
Hi gtank, Congratulations on your new Grenadier. Thanks for the retrospective of the G vs the G in regards to steering.
In regard to steering, there is a firm up your way who has a patented steering stabilizer with a return to exact center function.
They are willing to gift one to the first Grenadier owner who takes their vehicle to them to take measurements and fit one.
From my understanding they would need a Grenadier for a few day to make sure they get a proper fitting and measurements.
In my opinion, this may be the holy grail when it comes to the type of steering stabilizer that may be perfect for the Grenadier.
I am in Southern California and too far away to take my Grenadier to them. If you have any interest, please reach out to the
contact below to make arrangements and get additional information.This offer is open to the first Grenadier Owner, so anyone
up this way should reach out if interested and once the proper stabilizer gets fitted, post photos and a review of the before and
after driving experience both on road and off road. DaBull
AT ROADMASTER REACH OUT TO:
Eric Jason
Roadmaster Inc.
6110 NE 127th Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98682
Email: ejason@roadmasterinc.com
800-669-9690
www.roadmasterinc.com

Link to Road Master Exact Center Stabilizer

Back
Top Bottom