The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Feb Delivery - now AUGUST - I AM NOT HAPPY

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the first car on the 18th May 2022 and had a build date that ended up being February, I called up today and was told its now AUGUST!!! I also had a resivation for this car 24 October 2021 .

The 2nd car I have on order ordered 26 October 2022 is a May Delivery.

WHAT IS GOING ON??????

How incompetent are Ineos?

Spoke to the dealer and they confirmed the dates but don't seem to have a contact back to Inoes, I am really losing confidence in the whole thing, and dont know what to do.
Please call Ineos and check your order's delivery dates.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the first car on the 18th May 2022 and had a build date that ended up being February, I called up today and was told its now AUGUST!!! I also had a resivation for this car 24 October 2021 .

The 2nd car I have on order ordered 26 October 2022 is a May Delivery.

WHAT IS GOING ON??????

How incompetent are Ineos?

Spoke to the dealer and they confirmed the dates but don't seem to have a contact back to Inoes, I am really losing confidence in the whole thing, and dont know what to do.
Please call Ineos and check your order's delivery dates.
I do not think so - this is a ramp up and there were as stated already a bunch of problems that occured. That is with a newborn baby. Even if the parents and support try to do the best they can - but there is a lot to learn about.
I did order around the same time as your 2nd - end if October 2022 - and I have no clue when it will be delivered.
Your second vehicle is a May deliver indeed- There a re couple of May months in the years ahead. Did they indicate a year?

So - be patient.. the topics will be resolved.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Build dates were meant to be reservation date and not order date - but that scenario you have is bollocks.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does the ‘late’ car have somethng the other one does not? Supply chain issue?
the same except the late 1st order car has Alloy 17" wheels + Eldoret Blue + White roof + Diesel
2nd order is Donny Grey + 17" Steel wheels + Petrol

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the same except the late 1st order car has Alloy 17" wheels + Eldoret Blue + White roof + Diesel
2nd order is Donny Grey + 17" Steel wheels + Petrol
Well, mine was apparently in 'production' over a week ago, so just waiting another 2 weeks before I call the local rep to see if it left the Prod line. If I get a 'build is now August' ill cancel!!! Take up and LC300 and deal with it.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Build dates were meant to be reservation date and not order date - but that scenario you have is bollocks.
The 2nd car had no pre registration date. I have sent an email to a few people i have ford address for at ineos. Dont know if they will do anything.
I am so pissed off I have been looking at Auto conversions for the Defender + used G-Waggon's today.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m surprised that you got any date at all. That’s what I have been asking for for months. A date! Just give me a date so I can make plans.
Who did you speak to?

Local time
Reaction score
My build date was previously confirmed as this month, with delivery around 6 weeks later, but it's clearly not happening. The dealer has no update, the web page says nothing new (contract not yet sent or signed) and I'm getting more and more fed up.
Any news is better than no news, so I could at least plan when to sell the current car and have the money ready for the new one, but there is zero communication.
I know it's not easy but it's getting past the point where excitement turns to dismay.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m surprised that you got any date at all. That’s what I have been asking for for months. A date! Just give me a date so I can make plans.
Who did you speak to?
I just rang up the main number + the dealer can also see the same date, you have to call ineos they are not proactive!

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE - I just got an email with a contract ready for signing....

AND YES its for the FIRST CAR - so I will call first thing to see if the August date has changed or not - Maybe the email I sent did something.
Who knows.....

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE - I just got an email with a contract ready for signing....

AND YES its for the FIRST CAR - so I will call first thing to see if the August date has changed or not - Maybe the email I sent did something.
Who knows.....
That doesn’t bode well for me, mine was a Feb, then March then April build and no contract has arrived here, looks like I’m not in this batch…
I’m going to buy a second hand Land Cruiser to tide me over… I can’t take the risk of the car not arriving before our summer trip. Which I now doubt it will.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They sent me the contract a few mins before 5pm so maybe you will get it in the next few days. The way this has all been happened I would not be surprised if they are manually edited and sent out.

Back
Top Bottom