The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fantastic closeups of the interior and some new switchgear

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
It's just a shame that the interior switches do not necessarily reflect the final version, in that a Heated Front Window switch is showing yet unfortunately a Heated Front Window/Windscreen is not to actually be available.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My jeep JK had a switch like that, it wasnt heated front windscreen, it just put blowers on full heat at windscreen. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
When I lived in Tasmania I had to throw a bucket of cold water over the windscreen every morning in winter to get the ice off. 
Heated screen would have been great. 
Take away the risk of cracking the windscreen too. A common trap for tourists. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
Great video.

Small item but, I hope that the RHD versions have the START/STOP button on the bottom right side of the control panel (swap with the PARK ASSIST button)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've got a heated front windscreen in the D4, useful yes but often just use the blowers specially at dusk and beyond as the the element when on blurs the oncoming headlights and gives an all round fuzzy view.

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332591849]Great video.

Small item but, I hope that the RHD versions have the START/STOP button on the bottom right side of the control panel (swap with the PARK ASSIST button)[/QUOTE]

One of these videos addressed this, it will be a physical key, no button.

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
I think the Start/Stop that Mark is referring to is for the engine "Eco" management. If the Eco start is switched on, when you approach a junction or join a line of traffic, if you press and hold the foot break once the car stops, so does the engine. Once you release the foot break the engine restarts itself and off you go. I had this function on My discovery 4. The only problem is of course, its no use off road and can be annoying on road at times, especially in slow moving traffic. If you switch the engine start/stop button to off, it disables the engine stopping when you apply the foot brake. Normal routine engine stop start is through a key, alongside the steering wheel.

I think the ECO engine stop is a requirement to meet emission standards in some countries. It also reduces the road fund (Road Tax) annual cost here in the UK if its factory fitted to your vehicle. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
Yes - pretty sure its a requirement in Australia but I don't like them and don't want a diesel engine starting/stopping all the time on city driving.

It will just be a small issue to reach over to the other side.

Sylvan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332591849]Great video.

Small item but, I hope that the RHD versions have the START/STOP button on the bottom right side of the control panel (swap with the PARK ASSIST button)[/QUOTE]

With those visible retaining bolts, it should be possible to swap those two particular buttons as we wish.  as long as there is enough slack in the wiring.

Back
Top Bottom