The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

EZ-Pass USA mounting suggestions?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
For those of you in the United States, where would you recommend we mount our EZ-Pass tags? I remember in my JKU Wrangler, the top of the windshield was not a great location because of the vertical slope. I mounted mine near the base of the windshield where the HVAC windshield vents were. Any recommendations for the Grenny? Thanks!

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would stick it passenger side, top of the windscreen center by the mirror so you don’t see it as the driver :)

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I stick mine to the dash of my current vehicle. Will do the same in the Gren - less wasted windscreen space.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
On my TJ, EZpass was located on the other side of the rear view mirror; completely obscured to the driver.

Only time I ever noticed/remembered where it was was during cleaning or packing.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I switched to the front license plate mounted EZ Pass transponder years ago (I'm not a fan of sticking anything to aftermarket tint on the windshield) and have never looked back since

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I switched to the front license plate mounted EZ Pass transponder years ago (I'm not a fan of sticking anything to aftermarket tint on the windshield) and have never looked back since
Are those still offered?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On my TJ, EZpass was located on the other side of the rear view mirror; completely obscured to the driver.

Only time I ever noticed/remembered where it was was during cleaning or packing.
I went with your method here, which is what I've done with prior cars too. Thanks!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've always hidden mine behind the mirror so I can't see it from the driver seat and ave never had a problem. Hopefully that will work with no issues here too. I recently got a new EZ Pass tag and it was less than half the size of the old ones - same width but only a few inches tall.

MarcA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Mine works just fine on the passenger side of the rear view mirror so you can’t see it from the drivers seat.

jjncvt

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I just tried to add the IG to my NY EZ Pass account. It isn't listed as an option in the drop down menus. How did you guys add the IG to your EZPass account?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just tried to add the IG to my NY EZ Pass account. It isn't listed as an option in the drop down menus. How did you guys add the IG to your EZPass account?
I just used “other”

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Cali has just moved to express lanes with a switch for how many people are in the car on the ez pass. I have it in the glove box and put it on the dash when I need to use it. I don't need to use it for commuting though.

Back
Top Bottom