The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ESC braking in corners

Jayp

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
My ESC tends to brake in corners when I am only taking a corner slightly fast. Tonight I was entering the freeway via a cloverleaf and the ESC applied the brakes 3x in the turn. I was not going any faster than the traffic in front or behind me. My Ineos does have the Eibach lift, so I am wondering if that affected the ESC settings possibly?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
My ESC tends to brake in corners when I am only taking a corner slightly fast. Tonight I was entering the freeway via a cloverleaf and the ESC applied the brakes 3x in the turn. I was not going any faster than the traffic in front or behind me. My Ineos does have the Eibach lift, so I am wondering if that affected the ESC settings possibly?
More so than the lift (which will certainly cause a bit more body roll due to the change in CoG) I would confirm alignment settings after the lift, and then tire pressures

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
If this has happened only after the kit has been installed it may have something to do with this. I still doubt.

I would suspect a sensor or possibly sensor wiring problem: ABS, steering angle, acceleration, or some other sensor affecting EDC.
Electronic controls ... :rolleyes:

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Probably to do with calibration of the steering angle sensor after wheel alignment. The wheel alignment sensor and the ADAS are both connected. If one of these are off, it can give you false readings and throw up false activation of the ESC. Have you had wheel alignment done or new windscreen? The dealer can recalibrate them using diagnostic machine. US spec I believe. UK and AUS doesn’t have ADAS yet, thank god.

Ideally, wheel angle sensors need to be reset after wheel alignment.

Jayp

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer says there is a Yaw sensor that is telling my ESC to brake early because of my Eibach lift. They just installed the same lift on another Ineos and it caused the same issue on the same freeway on ramp. They have contacted Ineos and are hoping to get a setting so they can recalibrate the yaw sensor after a lift. Currently they have no setting or ability to change this setting.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Usually It should be the ADAS sensor. The sensor on top of your windscreen needs recalibrating because of the lift.

Jayp

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Usually It should be the ADAS sensor. The sensor on top of your windscreen needs recalibrating because of the lift.
Thanks Skydance. I told by my dealer about the windscreen sensor recalibration. They said none of the US dealers have the calibration tool yet ? The USA Ineos rep said they are testing a few different brands of calibration tools and will be sending them out to dealers once they figure out what works best ? No ETA

Local time
Reaction score
Probably to do with calibration of the steering angle sensor after wheel alignment. The wheel alignment sensor and the ADAS are both connected. If one of these are off, it can give you false readings and throw up false activation of the ESC. Have you had wheel alignment done or new windscreen? The dealer can recalibrate them using diagnostic machine. US spec I believe. UK and AUS doesn’t have ADAS yet, thank god.

Ideally, wheel angle sensors need to be reset after wheel alignment.
Oh yes they do English24y models have adas

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Really so on the
Thanks Skydance. I told by my dealer about the windscreen sensor recalibration. They said none of the US dealers have the calibration tool yet ? The USA Ineos rep said they are testing a few different brands of calibration tools and will be sending them out to dealers once they figure out what works best ? No ETA
That’s a bit poor. Basically, if you have a new windscreen, the ADAS has to be recalibrated. Have you tried asking the windscreen retailer to see if they have the tools?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t mind ADAS but the upcoming speed warning would be very annoying. Whoever thought of this shite?, when all the new electric cars are faster than ever.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score

I only found this out when at the dealers a month or so ago. Was a bit of a surprise as I thought I had only seen the American guys extolling its virtues in the ADAS thread 😝

Back
Top Bottom