The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electronic Throttle Control

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
I spoke with a guy from a BMW tuning house this morning.
He asked not to give his details out yet.
He does a lot with the B57 & B58 and said obviously both are hugely tuneable.
He has been asked about the Grenadier numerous times.
The problem he has with it is you always need to know what the starting programme is.
He can easily grab the tune off the dyno but not the full programme.
That is protected.
He has all the standard setups provided by BMW, but they didn't do the full setup on the Grenadier.
The programme may have interactions and checks that he is not aware of.
The Ineos setup has about 20% of the sensors/processors around the vehicle that any BMW has.
He said he wasn't prepared to touch it (yet) until he is clearly able to reset it to original state.
He has no idea what original state is so no idea what he may be messing up.
Firstly he agreed that the petrol has very little room to move due to the gearbox in use.
We already knew that.
He said the diesel has huge potential

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The tuner's advice is reminiscent of the Bosch "upgrade" on the 4.6L Rover V8 (Thor) engine in the late 1990s. The Bosch "Motronic" engine management system was nigh on impossible to "tune" due in part to the secretive nature of how the data was processed and where various values were stored in the basic program. This caused much frustration amongst tuners in the UK especially trying to optimise BMW 3 series engines in the national Touring Car competition series .. as well as hapless LR owners trying to improve the Thor V8....

To get some idea of the complexity of these systems the following is quite revealing

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
I spoke with a guy from a BMW tuning house this morning.
He asked not to give his details out yet.
He does a lot with the B57 & B58 and said obviously both are hugely tuneable.
He has been asked about the Grenadier numerous times.
The problem he has with it is you always need to know what the starting programme is.
He can easily grab the tune off the dyno but not the full programme.
That is protected.
He has all the standard setups provided by BMW, but they didn't do the full setup on the Grenadier.
The programme may have interactions and checks that he is not aware of.
The Ineos setup has about 20% of the sensors/processors around the vehicle that any BMW has.
He said he wasn't prepared to touch it (yet) until he is clearly able to reset it to original state.
He has no idea what original state is so no idea what he may be messing up.
Firstly he agreed that the petrol has very little room to move due to the gearbox in use.
We already knew that.
He said the diesel has huge potential
A very similar story from my guys, someone was asking EVolve Technic about it in WA and the message was that what they needed to open is locked and it has to go back to headquarters in Europe for whatever it is they do...I am not tech enough to give the details in full but as far as the diesel goes it could have around 800nm to drag a bit more rage out of that ironbullock of mine...hold on :ROFLMAO:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Don't tell your insurance compnay about these mods...ah the risk/reward conundrum.
Keeping mine stock btw.
The mysterious computer will see that some days I drive like Miss Daisy and other days I'm Steve McQueen in Bullitt.
As long as there are no over revs I should be good for waaranty.
It's a vehicle meant to be driven hard. "On purpose" eh?.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A very similar story from my guys, someone was asking EVolve Technic about it in WA and the message was that what they needed to open is locked and it has to go back to headquarters in Europe for whatever it is they do...I am not tech enough to give the details in full but as far as the diesel goes it could have around 800nm to drag a bit more rage out of that ironbullock of mine...hold on :ROFLMAO:
This is standard tune in BMW models for the same engine without a special tune or exhaust.
B57D30T0235 kW (315 hp) at 4,000 rpm680 N⋅m (502 lb⋅ft) at 1,750–2,250 rpm
1713331905126.jpg
The ZF gearbox is limited to 760 NM
Grenadier is at 183 KW and 550 NM so in all reality a mild tune and better exhaust will get easy gains.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don't tell your insurance compnay about these mods...ah the risk/reward conundrum.
Keeping mine stock btw.
The mysterious computer will see that some days I drive like Miss Daisy and other days I'm Steve McQueen in Bullitt.
Pretty much exactly my situation as well.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Well friends, the offer for the members of the forum that I indicated is still standing, but apparently they are having problems with the website to be able to include the offer as well as to be able to manage the order directly by the members of this forum, they tell me that while If this is resolved, you can contact the person responsible for the issue and he will manage it. I remind you that the proposal you gave me is a 20% discount for individual orders and 30% for joint purchases of 5 or more units, the contact person is:

Isaías Casillas +34 670 080 556

sportpluspower@gmail.com

The offer is for the PedalBox Sport plus Pro from DTE System, I leave you a link to their website: https://www.pedalbox.com/es/pedalbox.html

Greetings Paco
PS: If you consider it appropriate, you could open your own thread so that more people can see it.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
There's a hole in my wallet Delilah.....

Now to use one of your very good 'how too' posts 👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Hoy tuve algo de tiempo libre y finalmente monté el DTE PedalBox pro en el coche Diesel de un amigo 😉🤫.

IMG_1863 2.jpgIMG_1864.jpgIMG_1865 2.jpgIMG_1866.jpg

En cuanto al montaje, me llevó unos 15 minutos. Te recomiendo que retires el revestimiento del piso (Plástico o Alfombra). Puedes quitar el pedal sin necesidad de esto. , pero luego el cable del conector del pedal es muy corto y es difícil sacarlo, una vez que quitas la cubierta quitas el pedal, solo tiene un tornillo y empuja el pedal un poco hacia adentro y se sale fácilmente (yo no entra en detalle o pon fotos porque hay varios hilos que lo explican) una vez suelto el pedal te recomiendo quitar el clip que sujeta el cable del conector del pedal. De esta forma podrás estirar el cable lo suficiente para retirar el conector cómodamente, solo tendrás que presionar en ambos lados del conector al mismo tiempo y tirar de él. Bueno, montar la centralita es cuestión de un minuto, solo hay que poner los conectores, puenteando los originales y listo, luego metes el cableado y la centralita detrás del embellecedor y no se ve nada de nada. . Vuelve a montar la moldura durante otros dos minutos y listo.

He salido a probar cómo funciona y te puedo decir que hay una diferencia enorme con la configuración de fábrica, en Sport el auto parece a pesar de mucho menos se mueve, se mucho más libremente, las aceleraciones son impresionantes, y en Sport Plus ++ en un cañón las aceleraciones dan un poco de miedo, tiene cinco programas "de fábrica" no hace nada, "eco" para reducir el consumo "City" "Sport" y "Sport Plus ++" dentro de cada uno de los programas que tiene seis niveles de ajuste tres de aumento y tres de disminución para poder adaptar cada programa a tus gustos personales, también tiene una opción de "limitación" que va del 20% al 80% sobre la configuración de fábrica, y algo importante puedes configurar la opción con el bloqueo de aplicaciones, que bloquea el acelerador en cuanto bloquea el coche y apaga la aplicación o alejas el mando a distancia. y podrás configurar el desbloqueo manual cada vez que subes al coche o el desbloqueo automático cada vez que das el contacto si tienes el mando a mano o la aplicación encendida

Cómo queda después del montaje, todo queda oculto, no se ve nada

ya ensamblado

IMG_1874.jpg

se puede gestionar desde la aplicación

IMG_1878.jpgIMG_1879.jpgIMG_1881.jpgIMG_1883.jpgIMG_1886.jpgIMG_1888.jpg

o del mando indistintamente

IMG_1889.jpgIMG_1890.jpgIMG_1891.jpgIMG_1892.jpgIMG_1893.jpgIMG_1894.jpgIMG_1895.jpg

Cualquier duda, no seas tímido. Saludos Paco

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Keeping mine stock btw.
Weirdly, when I had my Defender Td5 heavily tuned and declared the same. My regular insurance company (NFU at the time), accepted the changes but warned me they would not be renewing. I then went to Adrian Flux who were actually cheaper than my normal policy with NFU. That is why I am surprised that AF really don't seem interested in competitive quotes for the Grenadier.
Ultimately I would like some subtle modifications to my Grenadier but future insurance premiums may prevent this from happening.

Back
Top Bottom