The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electrical Outlets in NAS vehicles?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I saw a delivery video where someone had a household 110v outlet in the cargo area and mentioned one seating area also. Is that part of the standard NAS set up, or is it part of adding the 2nd gel battery under the rear seat? I though it was part of the battery option, but my GM, Toyota, and Jeep all have outlets as standard equipment.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is the Power Take Off, 400W option, which also requires the 2nd battery.
Ah, that’s what the wrinkle was. Kind of interesting that the other SUVs have it standard but the IG makes you get that battery, which really adds up. The 4Runner will do 400W for ‘free’.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, that’s what the wrinkle was. Kind of interesting that the other SUVs have it standard but the IG makes you get that battery, which really adds up. The 4Runner will do 400W for ‘free’.
Unless you modify the wiring, the 4Runner/Tacoma/etc only do the 400w assuming you are parked, as soon as the shifter leaves P or N it drops to 100w

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unless you modify the wiring, the 4Runner/Tacoma/etc only do the 400w assuming you are parked, as soon as the shifter leaves P or N it drops to 100w
I saw that. Seems kind of odd, in that the engine is making more power, or should be able to handle the parasitic power pulled as you go off idle in park. The 4Runner is new to me ,I've never tried the outlet. Does the vehicle run at a higher idle when it is engaged?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I saw that. Seems kind of odd, in that the engine is making more power, or should be able to handle the parasitic power pulled as you go off idle in park. The 4Runner is new to me ,I've never tried the outlet. Does the vehicle run at a higher idle when it is engaged?
It doesn't, nothing changes with the running characteristics. Years ago it was mentioned that it was a fuel economy thing, because of the extra ~27A draw @ 400w vs 100w. It's easy enough to cut and ground a wire to bypass that restriction though

Back
Top Bottom