The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Doug Demuro reviews the Grenadier

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I tend to agree. i think for a car reviewer that puts the gren up against G wagens, F150, rivians, Jeep and the Land rover it was pretty fair.
The score mostly hit home on acceleration and handling, which in the context of how he drives the vehicles and quite frankly how most drive the vehicles in his lineup it comes across as fair to me. Doesn't change my decision.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
This youtuber posts a lot of car reviews and owns or has owned a number of SUVs including Jeeps, Fords and land rovers. In this video he reviews the IG and really likes it. He also comments on the TFL review.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srVauTBlYH8
I enjoyed this review & I largely agree with him on all points.

My confirmation bias says this is a great review!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Also - check this out from Dirt box overland - they seem mighty impressed.

View: https://youtu.be/HLzgLoJ0MAE
Probably one of the better reviews out there.
He's honest, points out the positives and the negatives
Best of all he points out the possibilities.
He really seems to get the whole point of the vehicle.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably one of the better reviews out there.
He's honest, points out the positives and the negatives
Best of all he points out the possibilities.
He really seems to get the whole point of the vehicle.
That really was a good review. He brings up a lot of details. That other people have not talked about. Some of the engineering IX and other small details. They’re also local to me. I guess here in Denver. It’ll be interesting to see their part two

Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that a lot of Doug's comments are calling him out for dunking on the vehicle, especially his comments about the buttons. He's normally pretty level-headed, but for some reason in this review he just seemed overly cynical about most things surrounding the car. Which is surprising considering he's had G-Wagens, Defenders and Landcruisers which all drive similarly to the Grenadier. Would've thought it is right up his alley.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Serious folks buying the Grenadier are buying them for 10 years from now. The New Defender is not that kind of car.
Correct. The Grenadier definitely has the feel of a "forever" car. I just hope Ineos don't give in to market pressure five to seven years from now and start messing about with a cosmetic update or worse still, a ground up redesign. I really hope twenty years from now a new Grenadier is indistinguishable from a launch model at 15m.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/GwKro4JglQY?si=5wKeh6JNfZza7bj1

Doug gives it Doug Score of 59. Fairly low, but he does defend it for being what it is, and not hating on it for what it isn't...

While I think he was a little hard pressed to find fault, his rating system is just too subjective for my liking. I would've swapped several of the numbers posted for the Grenadier with those of his comparables and given the G another 6-8 points. But what do I know? DeMuro recently sold his NAS D90 for $96K USD which has me baffled as well.

I trust Hardy's (brief) review more.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier definitely has the feel of a "forever" car. I just hope Ineos don't give in to market pressure five to seven years from now and start messing about with a cosmetic update or worse still, a ground up redesign. I really hope twenty years from now a new Grenadier is indistinguishable from a launch model at 15m.
This has shades of Dorian Gray ;)

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I find the reviewers who have some mechanical aptitude understand where the value is in the Grenadier. If all you do is compare the luxury amenities and electronic tech items to what the Grenadier has and bemoan the Grenadier does not compare well to its competitors, then you have totally missed where the gold of this vehicle is. The gold is hidden under the body and hood of the vehicle. The money was spent on the drive train,suspension,brakes,frame and general mechanical engineering. The Grenadier’s competition can go off-road and maybe can go anywhere the Grenadier can go, but can they do it over and over again without breaking a critical component. The off-road duty cycle of the the stock Grenadier is going to be well beyond what the stock jeeps,broncos and LR products are. If you never go off-road or your idea of going off road is driving on gravel roads, then your not going realize the benefits/value that the Grenadier brings.

One you tube reviewer, that I really like and hopefully he gets his hands on a Grenadier for a review is ‘Tinkerer’s Adventure’. He is an engineer and he goes under a vehicle and analyzes the key mechanical off-road attributes of a vehicle. Check out this review to get a flavour of his channel and his comparison of IFS vs solid front axle is applicable to the Grenadier as well.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it's not the kind of car he likes. He's actually a perfect customer for the New Defender and he loved it - did a cross-country road trip and declared it a perfect road trip vehicle. And he's right. For most buyers, the New Defender does on paper most of what the Grenadier can do, and it does it with more modern features that most people tend to like.

Serious folks buying the Grenadier are buying them for 10 years from now. The New Defender is not that kind of car.

The exchange rate is rough - I was in Seattle two weeks back and nearly got charged $20 CDN for 115 ML of Pepto Bismol the morning after one too many pints in the pub at my conference.

That means that for just over 1200 pints of Pepto Bismol I could own a Grenadier.

I have no idea if that's a lot as this is a very odd metric to use as comparison but the main point here is Pepto is expensive and Canuck buying power is awful :D
I think the cost of a Big Mac is a commonly used metric. No joke.

Local time
Reaction score
I notice the receptacle by the back seat has the proper labeling.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Then one day Sir Jim will sell Ineos to the Chinese and all Grenadiers will turn to dust.

I’ve wondered if the inclusion of all the BMW badging and parts was kind of a alternate plan that if things went sideways, Ineos could sell the brand to BMW as an offset to the G-wagon series…. Scrub a couple of ‘Ineos’ badges off and the thing could be the B-wagon easily.

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve wondered if the inclusion of all the BMW badging and parts was kind of a alternate plan that if things went sideways, Ineos could sell the brand to BMW as an offset to the G-wagon series…. Scrub a couple of ‘Ineos’ badges off and the thing could be the B-wagon easily.
You read my mind. What doesn't fit, is the reticence to use BMW dealers for service. I mean, the current dealers wouldn't like it, but for BMW to take it over, that would need to come first.

Back
Top Bottom