The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Different “specs”

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
How many “specs” will there be? That is, there will be a NAS spec that will differ from the ROW. But there are certainly differences between what is shipped around the globe.

Forgive the ignorance but will all EU trucks be the same? Are UK trucks different than EU trucks?

I ask for many reasons of which plain curiosity is probably paramount, but I find myself trying to speculate on what major differences will be shipped across the pond.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
How many “specs” will there be? That is, there will be a NAS spec that will differ from the ROW. But there are certainly differences between what is shipped around the globe.

Forgive the ignorance but will all EU trucks be the same? Are UK trucks different than EU trucks?

I ask for many reasons of which plain curiosity is probably paramount, but I find myself trying to speculate on what major differences will be shipped across the pond.
Australia gets a slightly different spec, including extra fuel filters and different radios.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And steel bumpers which we would love in the UK as plastic gets damaged so easily and you can't bolt to weld to it.
There’s speculation plastic will be the NAS setup too. Equally disappointing.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes very disappointing you won't get the flip winch plate either .
I’m guessing that’s as simple as the shape of our license plates; ours are quite proportionally different.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score

From what I have seen and heard the basic vehicle is the same for all the countries it has been launched in so far.
Small changes for Australia are
  • Gross Vehicle Weight increased from 3,500 kgs to 3,550 kgs for tax reasons
  • A catch can added
  • An additional diesel filter added
  • Bumper bars in steel not plastic
  • Bull/Roo bar available as an accessory (also South Africa)
  • rear view camera standard (compulsory)
Not sure of any others.
Dave

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rear view cameras are mandatory in USA too - admittedly a nice feature. My GMC Sierra (and my last few F150s) have an “over head” view which is amazing. It uses a handful of different cameras to simulate an aerial view. I’m sure other vehicles out there have it too - it’s pretty neat.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Rear view cameras are mandatory in USA too - admittedly a nice feature. My GMC Sierra (and my last few F150s) have an “over head” view which is amazing. It uses a handful of different cameras to simulate an aerial view. I’m sure other vehicles out there have it too - it’s pretty neat.
The concept of the Grenadier is to have as minimal as possible.,
They have found along the way though that different countries have different minimum standards
Definitely no all round camera systems and I think most people on here wouldn't want them

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Backup cams are a good thing - the other setups are pretty neat but certainly unnecessary.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Laws against idiots are hopeless.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Outback fuel can sometimes be contaminated.

Australian spec diesel Grenadiers also get a water separator.
I understood that they all get a water separator. Are sure this will be special build for special people (you in down under)

Back
Top Bottom