Country Flags
Welcome back Guest think about enabling your country flag to let everyone know where you are based. Click on your username " Guest " or avatar at the top right of the screen and then 'Country Flag Select' pick your flag from the list. If your flag is not there then reach out...
The Grenadier Forum
Register a free account today, you'll be able to post, access to the Technical section of the site, access the classified ads, and participate in group buys as well as other benefits. If you are an INEOS Agent/Dealer please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account. Unsolicited sales by any 3rd party are strictly against the terms and conditions of the forum. If you wish to be a registered vendor or partner then please contact admin@theineosforum.com for further information.

Different “specs”

Krabby

Contributor
Reservation Holder
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Country
United-States
How many “specs” will there be? That is, there will be a NAS spec that will differ from the ROW. But there are certainly differences between what is shipped around the globe.

Forgive the ignorance but will all EU trucks be the same? Are UK trucks different than EU trucks?

I ask for many reasons of which plain curiosity is probably paramount, but I find myself trying to speculate on what major differences will be shipped across the pond.

Michael H.

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Country
Australia
How many “specs” will there be? That is, there will be a NAS spec that will differ from the ROW. But there are certainly differences between what is shipped around the globe.

Forgive the ignorance but will all EU trucks be the same? Are UK trucks different than EU trucks?

I ask for many reasons of which plain curiosity is probably paramount, but I find myself trying to speculate on what major differences will be shipped across the pond.
Australia gets a slightly different spec, including extra fuel filters and different radios.

Krabby

Contributor
Reservation Holder
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-States
And steel bumpers which we would love in the UK as plastic gets damaged so easily and you can't bolt to weld to it.
There’s speculation plastic will be the NAS setup too. Equally disappointing.

Krabby

Contributor
Reservation Holder
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-States
Yes very disappointing you won't get the flip winch plate either .
I’m guessing that’s as simple as the shape of our license plates; ours are quite proportionally different.

CountyV8

Contributor
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Country
Jersey
The whole concept of pedestrian safety makes me laugh. If you get run over by a 6,000 pound SUV, a flip-up license plate is the least of your worries.
True

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score

From what I have seen and heard the basic vehicle is the same for all the countries it has been launched in so far.
Small changes for Australia are
  • Gross Vehicle Weight increased from 3,500 kgs to 3,550 kgs for tax reasons
  • A catch can added
  • An additional diesel filter added
  • Bumper bars in steel not plastic
  • Bull/Roo bar available as an accessory (also South Africa)
  • rear view camera standard (compulsory)
Not sure of any others.
Dave

Krabby

Contributor
Reservation Holder
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-States
Rear view cameras are mandatory in USA too - admittedly a nice feature. My GMC Sierra (and my last few F150s) have an “over head” view which is amazing. It uses a handful of different cameras to simulate an aerial view. I’m sure other vehicles out there have it too - it’s pretty neat.

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Local time
Reaction score
Rear view cameras are mandatory in USA too - admittedly a nice feature. My GMC Sierra (and my last few F150s) have an “over head” view which is amazing. It uses a handful of different cameras to simulate an aerial view. I’m sure other vehicles out there have it too - it’s pretty neat.
The concept of the Grenadier is to have as minimal as possible.,
They have found along the way though that different countries have different minimum standards
Definitely no all round camera systems and I think most people on here wouldn't want them

Krabby

Contributor
Reservation Holder
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-States
Backup cams are a good thing - the other setups are pretty neat but certainly unnecessary.

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Local time
Reaction score
Backup cams are a good thing - the other setups are pretty neat but certainly unnecessary.
We had a few small children run over in their driveways by parents reversing out in SUV/4WD's
Laws were put in place pretty quickly after that

emax

Veteran Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Laws against idiots are hopeless.

bemax

Active Contributor
In Production
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Outback fuel can sometimes be contaminated.

Australian spec diesel Grenadiers also get a water separator.
I understood that they all get a water separator. Are sure this will be special build for special people (you in down under)

Top Bottom