The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Diesel WLPT consumption now 19.2 l/100km!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Well you nearly had me with the bullshit stats, until I did the maths myself, and realised that you were out slightly. (y)

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I was trying to find some comparison in fuel economy figures between the diesel IG and the Landcruiser 300.

My diesel is around the 11.6 l/100km - WLTP figure.
Landcruiser 300 quotes 8.9 l/100km - However I am pretty sure this isn't a WLTP figure - as most guys on the forums are complaining about the good old Toyota underquoting economy figures again trick. Based on real life figures I reckon these guys are getting 12-13 L/100km.
Given that Toyota dont seem to sell the LC300 in any country that really cares about emissions and real world testing conditions etc, then I reckon they as usual have plucked a figure out of the air.

Anyone got any thoughts?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
There is the spritmonitor.de site (English link) where you find real data from drivers owning the car. You should however be aware of the fact that the ones which monitor their fuel economy mostly drive in a consumption-conscious manner and that the results are therefore already a bit better than usual.

Additionally, if you look at a particular model and click on one of the listed accounts, don't trust the very first accounts which get listed. Instead, go to a page somewhere in the middle and then click on an account. Then, look at the bar chart on the right which shows the consumption histogram.

There are however not many samples if the model is somewhat exotic or a niche product. It's neverless the best database about fuel economy which I have seen so far.

BTW: Sprit == Fuel.

Screenshot_20220912_123935.jpg

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Here, I have picked a BMW X5 xDrive 3.0 Diesel, the one which might be closest to the Diesel Grenadier. The X5 might however have a better aerodynamic drag value (though that's just guessing).

Screenshot_20220912_125256.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So we ad two litres/100 km for the boxy design and half a ton extra weight on the IG this sounds quite realistic to me

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I think that's too much.

And if you look at the intervals of the X5 example, you'll see that this driver only refuels about once a month or even two months. So it's likely a short-distance driver.

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might not find a Landcruiser 300 Series on that site - as I am pretty sure there isn’t any in Europe. I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Just try it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't search for it. But everybody can do that and search there for what he's interested in. You don't have to have an account.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I searched for one but none found.

This site is a Geman site so likely more European cars there. But would be nice to have Aussies and others there there as well. The car base would enlarge and we'd see how things are overseas and in general abroad.

There is BTW an app fpr the mobile phone. You can use it offline and it will sync with the website later when online.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok. Nevermind. I tried it but that website looked weird to me. I already had info about GRJ7 from dealer but you know...
Don’t you find that information in respective forums?
Although not EU, there are still active dealers e.g. in Switzerland:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure it was not.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
I am considering cancelling my order.

I think the online glitches have been poor and the customer services, which I know have been outsourced were pretty useless.

My configuration has a WLTP figure of 21mpg combined. That is worse than my old L322 towing a 2.5T trailer! I think Ineos are on track to miss the target, and now Defender lead times are down to 6 months I might plump for a D250 90 Commercial instead.

I am set to see the IG again on 1st October, I have questions that need to be answered.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> My configuration has a WLTP figure of 21mpg combined. That is worse than my old L322 towing a 2.5T trailer!

In WLTP conditions? I don't think so.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
> My configuration has a WLTP figure of 21mpg combined. That is worse than my old L322 towing a 2.5T trailer!

In WLTP conditions? I don't think so.
I don’t think WLTP existed in 2003 when my RR was built but it will do 22mpg with a trailer and car behind it.

If IG is 21mpg combined unladen it’s not exactly impressive. I know it has the aerodynamics of a brick but still, it should do better with B57 power.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am considering cancelling my order.

I think the online glitches have been poor and the customer services, which I know have been outsourced were pretty useless.

My configuration has a WLTP figure of 21mpg combined. That is worse than my old L322 towing a 2.5T trailer! I think Ineos are on track to miss the target, and now Defender lead times are down to 6 months I might plump for a D250 90 Commercial instead.

I am set to see the IG again on 1st October, I have questions that need to be answered.
It is your choice. But the consumption has not been a secret for quite a long time and even with shorter delivery times for the Defender now you would have been better of ordering it half a year ago.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here, I have picked a BMW X5 xDrive 3.0 Diesel, the one which might be closest to the Diesel Grenadier. The X5 might however have a better aerodynamic drag value (though that's just guessing).

View attachment 7793528
I reckon a brick outhouse has a better drag co-efficient than a Grenadier

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, lead times are currently around 6 months for commercial versions.
It is your choice. But the consumption has not been a secret for quite a long time and even with shorter delivery times for the Defender now you would have been better of ordering it half a year ago

Back
Top Bottom