The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Deutsch connector polarity.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Apologies for the daft question, but as I don’t own a test meter, can anyone tell me what the polarity is on the auxiliary Deutsch sockets?
I’ve a couple of amber lights that need permanently connecting for use on a couple of construction sites.
A simple “as you look at the socket” orientation will suffice! Cheers 👍🏻

Solution
Deutsch plugs have the terminals numbered on the plastic housing. In a two pin the common standard is to have terminal 1 as positive + and terminal 2 as negative -.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Apologies for the daft question, but as I don’t own a test meter, can anyone tell me what the polarity is on the auxiliary Deutsch sockets?
I’ve a couple of amber lights that need permanently connecting for use on a couple of construction sites.
A simple “as you look at the socket” orientation will suffice! Cheers 👍🏻
You can see the red +ve and black -ve wires running into the back of the installed Deutsche DTP plug. Just align yours with those

Vote:
Upvote 0

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
You can see the red +ve and black -ve wires running into the back of the installed Deutsche DTP plug. Just align yours with those
Doh!!

I said it was a daft question didn’t I? I never even looked……

Many thanks.

Ps. Ineos could have supplied the pins for the four plugs, at not a massive cost, in the grand scheme of things. But hey, every little counts as they say.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Doh!!

I said it was a daft question didn’t I? I never even looked……

Many thanks.

Ps. Ineos could have supplied the pins for the four plugs, at not a massive cost, in the grand scheme of things. But hey, every little counts as they say.
They could, I kind of get it though, its plugged presumably to waterproof it. To supply the pins they would have needed to supply them loose and then you have a little packet to put somewhere for delivery. I actually like having the little waterproof plug to use if I don’t have anything connected

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 1
Back
Top Bottom