The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Design Fault

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
My wife was opening the large rear door last night and became very apologetic when she ripped off the rubber bumper near the locking mechanism. It took little force as there is a screw with a small under head washer area and only a minimal thickness of rubber to grip on. I ratted through my shed and came up with a fix by using part of a saddle clamp to spread the screw pressure area. It feels very solid now. See following photos for detail.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 114

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife was opening the large rear door last night and became very apologetic when she ripped off the rubber bumper near the locking mechanism. It took little force as there is a screw with a small under head washer area and only a minimal thickness of rubber to grip on. I ratted through my shed and came up with a fix by using part of a saddle clamp to spread the screw pressure area. It feels very solid now. See following photos for detail.
I think that has happened to quite a few people.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
By all accounts , another feature of the vehicle 😁

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Fixed 😉

Oooh, was that naughty?
To be honest I’d be disappointed if this hasn’t been fixed on current orders by now. IA has known about this for while.
The original ones will become collectable items, mark my words!
I always say , "the factory offering is just a start"
I'm sure someone will offer a "billet offroad rubber" version of the offensive part.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep first thing that broke on my car literally during the delivery handover. Needs a washer at the minimum to stop the screw pulling through the rubber

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that has happened to quite a few people.
I must have missed the news - I hadn’t heard of it before, but it’s understandably happened to others - disappointing these little flaws - a thicker base on the rubber and/or a metal collar insert moulded into it would prevent problems.

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
happened to me as well, what is this rubber buffer actually good for?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep first thing that broke on my car literally during the delivery handover. Needs a washer at the minimum to stop the screw pulling through the rubber
T
Thanks for the info & tip.

Just popped a large washer under the torx screw - takes up all the space in the rubber bumper.

It may hold longer but design is wrong - the rubber making contact with the door skin needs to have metal insert.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
Are you sure you took possession of a Production Vehicle and not a PT02 demo... ?
PTO2s would/could never end up with an end user. Even PTO3s and PTO4s would never go to a customer

Back
Top Bottom