The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Decked drawers

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
I have a contact at Decked who says they might consider making a kit for the Grenadier if they could access a vehicle to 3D scan. Anyone near Sun Valley/Ketchum up for a visit? I can put you in touch if you're interested.

Thom_worldwide

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
I have a contact at Decked who says they might consider making a kit for the Grenadier if they could access a vehicle to 3D scan. Anyone near Sun Valley/Ketchum up for a visit? I can put you in touch if you're interested.
I’m in Boise - I can take a trip to see them.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been asking them for years (owned 3 sets of their drawers) when they were going to get into the SUV market... Maybe now that Yakima has started making drawer systems for vehicles they've decided to reconsider (half joking, half serious with that comment)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
I've been asking them for years (owned 3 sets of their drawers) when they were going to get into the SUV market... Maybe now that Yakima has started making drawer systems for vehicles they've decided to reconsider (half joking, half serious with that comment)
I did the math comparing the weight on one of their pickup systems (lbs/in2) to what the more common manufacturer setups for SUV drawers are. It's a big difference. A little over half the weight compared to wood or steel. Composites are the future and Decked has a huge head start on a lot of shops. If they can scale their stuff down to get the volume/weight math right they could dominate. Grenadier would be a small piece of that, but it'd be a sweet way for them to jump into the market.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier would be a small piece of that, but it'd be a sweet way for them to jump into the market.
Given the low volume production and small percentage of the market share, I'm impressed that so many companies are jumping on board with it; which further gives credibility to the "Built on Purpose" slogan and avenues of marketing (or lack there of).

Ironically, the same system that fit our 6.5' bed 2021 Toyota Tundra is what fits our 2022 Sprinter, granted by the time I ordered the Sprinter drawers, they had gotten their own part number (it includes a bit of extra hardware), but some old reddit threads found that the top plates are in fact the same between the two

Back
Top Bottom