The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dash Storage

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes brought back to me a thought that I have had for a while when he posted (here) a picture of the dash cover with storage pockets by Melvill & Moon. I have been thinking for a while that there is not really much room for storage in the front of the Grenadier. Does anyone have any ideas about using the wide dash board for storing the little stuff that just always gets in the way?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes brought back to me a thought that I have had for a while when he posted (here) a picture of the dash cover with storage pockets by Melvill & Moon. I have been thinking for a while that there is not really much room for storage in the front of the Grenadier. Does anyone have any ideas about using the wide dash board for storing the little stuff that just always gets in the way?

maxresdefault.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas about using the wide dash board for storing the little stuff that just always gets in the way?
A manbag?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
On the autobahn: "Hey sweetie, can you please grab my water bottle from the roof rack, it's in the front bag on the passenger side ..."

analogvernon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
I have the Escape Gear dash cover with the pockets, for the last 3 years in a pickup. Very handy, Will put one in the IG . Not worried about the small bits on the dash in the event of air bag testing, its the other stuff.

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
It would have been nice for IA to put some power points on the dash.
It's odd that many vehicles don't do this, considering all the dash stuff that needs power. I was originally excited about the Bronco but they paywalled the dash power behind a bunch of expensive packages I didn't want. I gave up on the Bronco, but much more thrilled about the Grenny.

Local time
Reaction score
The Bronco does a better job than the Grenadier with dash accessory mounting points/power. I brought this to Greg's attention at the prototype viewing as I was hoping for a late change but it wasn't to be. I'm looking forward to what creative solutions forum members/aftermarket suppliers can come up with.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Bronco does a better job than the Grenadier with dash accessory mounting points/power. I brought this to Greg's attention at the prototype viewing as I was hoping for a late change but it wasn't to be. I'm looking forward to what creative solutions forum members/aftermarket suppliers can come up with.
A power point in Australia is something you plug a 240V 3 pin plug into.
I assume that isn't what you want so do you want a USB or USB-C, cigarette lighter?
In the footwells on both sides there are 10A outlets prewired that you could easily route up to the dash from behind or beneath.
As USB outlets are limited to 2.5A you could connect 4 to each giving you 8 outlets
If you need more than that then you have too much crap on your dash.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A power point in Australia is something you plug a 240V 3 pin plug into.
I assume that isn't what you want so do you want a USB or USB-C, cigarette lighter?
In the footwells on both sides there are 10A outlets prewired that you could easily route up to the dash from behind or beneath.
As USB outlets are limited to 2.5A you could connect 4 to each giving you 8 outlets
If you need more than that then you have too much crap on your dash.
@DaveB Are the footwell 10A outlets cigar plug types? Are they mounted to the center tunnel, or on the "kick panel" in front of the door under the glove box / steering wheel, facing down from under the dash? Do photos exist? I'm wondering where to plug in a radar detector. I have an OBD adaptor but would prefer just using a cigar plug. I'm really surprised there wasn't one, or a variety of USB and 12V power at the bottom of the center console / control panel.

I just watched Ingemar's most recent video (Dimensions, etc.) and he shows the USB ports in the center console but doesn't mention a 12V in there, despite it being mentioned in the PDF Owner's manual (UK version).

Back
Top Bottom