The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heater issues - not directly air con

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My Grenadier shows signs of never directing air into the footwells, the dash vents and windscreen are fine, but selecting the footwells just gets a slight increase in noise and no extra air towards my feet. Now the weather is getting cooler, it is now an issue. (Both the dealer and I had hoped that the new software would fix it, but no such luck).

I've spoken to the dealer and the vehicle is booked for some investigation in December, so does anyone have experience of this circumstance?

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Yes, I was about to start a thread entitled "Anyone getting Cold Feet?"
My heating and ventilation system does exactly what it wants and never seems to succeed in directing air effectively anywhere.
De-misting only wants to blow cold air seemingly.
Trying to get any heat to your feet results in various fan noises but no warm air.
I have tried just about every combination of controls to get some sort of effect predictable with little luck. I was hoping to find the software update as being a reported fix.
it is most unsatisfactory really. I would have thought one of the key things to include in a ruffty tuffty 4X4 was effective heat and de-mist. I don't think I would have any chance of shifting a frost from the window at the moment. Or as least I could probably have walked to the destination in the time it takes to warm up.
All this with the engine temp gauge showing good and warm.
This is the first fault that has really got me annoyed. All of the other stuff has been pretty inconsequential and kind of half expected on a new platform.
But how can the testing not show this problem?
I did have my suspicions about the Air Con in the summer but the weather was so poor this year it was less of an issue. Again, it seems to have a mind of its own and attempts to adjust requirements were met with confusing results. Left on auto seemed best but inconsistent I think.

I would be interested to hear of others experience and hopefully successes.

A

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree - with the above.
AC with Cold selected is fine.
However, heat it is not predictable. Sometimes lots of heat, other times less and it doesn't happen until approximately 2/3 miles have been covered.

I wasn't aware of the no heat to feet problem, until I read elsewhere about it and I can confirm, I can't achieve heat to my feet.

I guess this will be Software Update 2 fix.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Before the recent cold snap, I used the front screen demist button which appears to channel all available warm air to the windscreen and front side windows. It seemed to work well. Not tried it over the last few days but was driving tonight with external temperature of -1 degree C and turning the AC off seemed to generate some warmer air. However, the cabin is a large area to try to warm up, so expect it would take some time to get the cabin warm let alone toasty.
Agree the system seems to have a mind of its own.

Snow678

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
I havae the same issue and it was extreme cold on the passengers side during the whole 2h drive with 2°C outside. The air in the footwell was very cold and it seems to come from the outside and I also tried different positions and options. Even in automatic mode, my windshield gets verry foggy.

Hope they will fix it with an update

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
To update this as I got my Grenadier back from the supplying dealer this lunchtime, the heater now directs warm air to my feet on demand. From the warranty work sheets, which Jason would only read out, not let me see, it was a multi-stage process. involving ringing Lee at Ineos Automotive several times for suggestions.

1. Reset software. Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Fail)
2. Check and top up both high and low tempreture cooling circuits, (add 400ml to the high tempreture circuit as it was low).
Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Fail)
3. Reset software, Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Fail)
4. Turn heater tempreture past 27C, (just before max). Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Pass!)

My suggestion for anyone suffering is start the vehicle, turn the heater up to 27C. Turn the vehicle off, lock it and walk away for 20 minutes. Come back to it and take a spirited drive to warm it through; hopefully you'll have toasty feet. Failing that, it's a dealer job!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To update this as I got my Grenadier back from the supplying dealer this lunchtime, the heater now directs warm air to my feet on demand. From the warranty work sheets, which Jason would only read out, not let me see, it was a multi-stage process. involving ringing Lee at Ineos Automotive several times for suggestions.

1. Reset software. Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Fail)
2. Check and top up both high and low tempreture cooling circuits, (add 400ml to the high tempreture circuit as it was low).
Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Fail)
3. Reset software, Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Fail)
4. Turn heater tempreture past 27C, (just before max). Let vehicle go to sleep, restart and test heater (Pass!)

My suggestion for anyone suffering is start the vehicle, turn the heater up to 27C. Turn the vehicle off, lock it and walk away for 20 minutes. Come back to it and take a spirited drive to warm it through; hopefully you'll have toasty feet. Failing that, it's a dealer job!
Have you seen this thread? AIR LOCK

Apparently there's an issue with air in the HVAC system that once bled, seems to remedy the issues with the heat.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen this thread? AIR LOCK

Apparently there's an issue with air in the HVAC system that once bled, seems to remedy the issues with the heat.
That may explain the 400ml into the coolant system, but not the failure to warm feet.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom