The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Carhartt Precision Seat Covers

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
I just installed the Carhartt Precision Fit passenger seat cover on my daughter's 2000 Land Cruiser and am pretty darn impressed with the results. I hope they design some for the Grenadier to give Melvill and Moon some competition. Pic below.

Carhartt Precision Fit Seat Cover Land Cruiser.jpg

Also, I spent, I dont't know, 6 TO & HOURS INSTALLING A NEW LONCKY LEATHER STEERING WHEEL COVER:

Loncky Steering Wheel.jpg

I had never done this before so the prep time, measurements, fiddling, adjusting some more, second guessing, cursing, and panicking, added some time. What this has taught me is that $800 for saddle leather steering wheel, parking brake, and glove box handle is a HELLUVA DEAl!

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those keeping score at home, the shipped plus sales tax price for the Carhartt Precision Fit covers for the driver and front passenger seat came to $451.35 - pretty darn competitive. Oh, and I see my typo above - my hands must have still been shaking from all that sewing. It was 6-8 hours to complete the steering wheel cover. I lost track of time when the delirium set in.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
I just installed the Carhartt Precision Fit passenger seat cover on my daughter's 2000 Land Cruiser and am pretty darn impressed with the results. I hope they design some for the Grenadier to give Melvill and Moon some competition. Pic below.

View attachment 7814642

Also, I spent, I dont't know, 6 TO & HOURS INSTALLING A NEW LONCKY LEATHER STEERING WHEEL COVER:

View attachment 7814643

I had never done this before so the prep time, measurements, fiddling, adjusting some more, second guessing, cursing, and panicking, added some time. What this has taught me is that $800 for saddle leather steering wheel, parking brake, and glove box handle is a HELLUVA DEAl!
The seat cover looks really like a nearly perfect fit! Is the material stretching in some way?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The seat cover looks really like a nearly perfect fit! Is the material stretching in some way?
They are made of Carhartt's duck weave canvas. Not stretchy. It was a real bugger getting the arm rest cover on. I expect them to wear well.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, forgot to mention, the seat covers do have foam layers on the inside, and I think that helps a lot with the wrinkle free fitment.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
I assume we have to wait till Carhart scans the seats for them to fir properly.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the M&M covers? What’s the fit like and do the hold tight on the cloth seats or move all over the place.

Any other feedback on seat covers already installed would be much appreciated

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the M&M covers? What’s the fit like and do the hold tight on the cloth seats or move all over the place.

Any other feedback on seat covers already installed would be much appreciated
If you search for Melville & Moon or M&M on this forum, you will find quite a lot about them including pictures and a discount offer.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, well, well. Look what I found: Carhartt Ineos Grenadier Page

Right now, the only seat cover they have listed is the Endura Ready-Fit Seat Protector, which is not what I am interested in at all. They do not yet have the Precision Fit seat covers listed, an example of which for a Toyota Land Cruiser is pictured in my first post above. I've sent them an inquiry via their Contact Us Link to ask whether they are working on Precision Fit versions. I think there's a pretty good chance they are since they have officially listed the vehicle on their site. If you are interested in this product for the Grenadier, send them a contact message asking about it/expressing interest.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for kicks priced out a set for the family car, a 2021 Explorer (so 3 rows), and they're $1355! I think I'd hit up tougher or M&M before paying $900 for Carhartt, if they ever arrive. I think someone contacted them and they weren't planning on making any for the Grenadier.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received an encouraging reply from Carhartt:

At this moment we do not offer a PrecisionFit Seat Cover for your vehicle just yet, but I have reached out and let the design team know that you are interested in getting one.

Our design team is hard at work making sure that with every new vehicle that is being made that everything they custom make is made to perfection for that very specific vehicle.

Since they are in the process of making everything custom fit for all the new vehicles and with that it does take some time to do so due to all the measurements they need to take and time it takes to perfect it.

I have added it to the list of things for the design team to look into making.

Once they have a pattern made for you, they will reach out to me and let m know that we are able to make them for you and then I will send you and email letting you know that they are available.

I unfortunately cannot give you an exact time frame of when it will be available but I did let them know.

Thanks so much for reaching out and have a great day!

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for kicks priced out a set for the family car, a 2021 Explorer (so 3 rows), and they're $1355! I think I'd hit up tougher or M&M before paying $900 for Carhartt, if they ever arrive. I think someone contacted them and they weren't planning on making any for the Grenadier.
Sincerely - good luck with that. I bet neither M&M nor Tougher support that vehicle. Three rows of Precision Fit seat covers for $1355. Is that 7 seats in your vehicle? Even if you are regularly hauling filthy elementary school soccer players you're looking at $193 per seat?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sincerely - good luck with that. I bet neither M&M nor Tougher support that vehicle. Three rows of Precision Fit seat covers for $1355. Is that 7 seats in your vehicle? Even if you are regularly hauling filthy elementary school soccer players you're looking at $193 per seat?
6 seats. Over $200 each. I think I'll definitely be able to cope with the vinyl for that price, even for the filthy elementary school kids!

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
6 seats. Over $200 each. I think I'll definitely be able to cope with the vinyl for that price, even for the filthy elementary school kids!
Totally understand that. I do not think you will beat the Carhartt price for Precision Fit seat covers by trying to go with M&M or Tougher after factoring in the shipping costs - even if they could be convinced to make them for your vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom