The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

CTEK SMARTPASS 120S and 250SE DC to DC charger basic features and install information

Chris T

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

This probably has more relevance to Australian owners.

I had the 250SE installed as part of an electrical upgrade from the dealer which went smoothly. It was additionally done with a Redarc tow pack for brake adjustments to any trailer.

They did an alteration to the plug at the back which now has the usual Australian style 7/13 flat trailer plug set up as well as the 2 Andersen plugs for an external output and external solar input.

I am very happy with the result.

I have also "Christened" the back bash plate coming off some rocks on Fraser Island!

IMG_5321.jpeg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

This probably has more relevance to Australian owners.

I had the 250SE installed as part of an electrical upgrade from the dealer which went smoothly. It was additionally done with a Redarc tow pack for brake adjustments to any trailer.

They did an alteration to the plug at the back which now has the usual Australian style 7/13 flat trailer plug set up as well as the 2 Andersen plugs for an external output and external solar input.

I am very happy with the result.

I have also "Christened" the back bash plate coming off some rocks on Fraser Island!

View attachment 7827865
Nice job. Who is your dealer, @Chris T ?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will therefore wait before buying the 250SE.

But I got the connection plates for free after "insisting" a little bit. They seem to be used ones, but I don't mind.
View attachment 7827731

On the other hand, after insisting a lot, I got also, through my dealer, an answer concerning the behavior of the Smartpass. I used the argument solar panel, but my question was: "What is the technical difference between the CTEK Smartpass in the Grenadier and a Standard CTEK Smartpass?", therefore the answer I got was not really related to my question:
View attachment 7827732

Again a very "non informative" answer!
Interesting re warranty and that some dealers in Aus are offering to fit the Ctek 250se solar controller...

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know if warranty rules are different in Aus, but if an authorized IG dealer does an aftermarket install, there is no issue(s) with the warranty, correct?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know if warranty rules are different in Aus, but if an authorized IG dealer does an aftermarket install, there is no issue(s) with the warranty, correct?
As I understand it, the dealer has to warranty the work they do, however that doesn’t mean it is covered by the INEOS warranty and it also doesn’t necessarily mean that INEOS can’t deny a warranty claim if they can make the case the work led to a fault, it would then be between you and the dealer. (Disclaimer: not a lawyer, not legal advice.)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it, the dealer has to warranty the work they do, however that doesn’t mean it is covered by the INEOS warranty and it also doesn’t necessarily mean that INEOS can’t deny a warranty claim if they can make the case the work led to a fault, it would then be between you and the dealer. (Disclaimer: not a lawyer, not legal advice.)
Anything fitted has to meet Australian standards and be legal to fit.
After that it needs to be fitted by a suitably qualified person.
So if the manufacturer and the law says it can be done DIY then go ahead.
If either say it has to be fitted by an authorised installer, or requires an engineers certificate then that is what is required.
My daughter is the national warranty manager for a caravan manufacturer and some of the dealer and owner fitted modifications she see's are crazy.
Not only do they void the warranty on the van, they would also void any warranty on the vehicle, or at least it's tow hitch and fittings.
If an accident killed someone the vehicle owner would be in gaol for the rest of their life.

1695757916265.png
1695758019136.png

Attachments

• 1695757975667.png
    1695757975667.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 27

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm.....

Reading the pictures posted by @Ineos4 in this post it looks like Ineos have a recall to remove the "consumer" connection post on the the Smartpass (Ineos Recall 3 on the third Photo).
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/servicing.12391465/page-5#post-1333216714.

It will be interesting to see what they do when an owners has already connected an accessory to the outlet.

Cheers

Steve
Mine better not be removed without a discussion with me and a good and detailed rationale. I have attached a lead with Anderson plug to mine for a fridge.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
@DaveB, those are some crazy MadMax bullbars on those pictured vehicles😂. Is that for Roos? I guess front suspensions don’t last very long in those vehicles?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB, those are some crazy MadMax bullbars on those pictured vehicles😂. Is that for Roos? I guess front suspensions don’t last very long in those vehicles?
Ostensibly for roos, but some are basically a cult/style statement. Some of those pictured would now be illegal to fit (cannot slope forward). Front suspensions need a lot of beefing up for most of them.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hallo zusammen, ich weiß nicht, ob es bereits von DCPU oder Jean Mercier gepostet wurde? Gibt es Anweisungen zum Aufdecken der Abdeckungen unter den Rücksitzen, um die Zusatzbatterie zu entfernen? Ich möchte morgen den ARB-Kompressor installieren. Wie sehen diese Teile aus, siehe Foto? Danke im Voraus, Barney
IMG_8152.jpegIMG_8151.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Hallo zusammen, ich weiß nicht, ob es bereits von DCPU oder Jean Mercier gepostet wurde? Gibt es Anweisungen zum Aufdecken der Abdeckungen unter den Rücksitzen, um die Zusatzbatterie zu entfernen? Ich möchte morgen den ARB-Kompressor installieren. Wie sehen diese Teile aus, siehe Foto? Danke im Voraus, Barney
View attachment 7828279View attachment 7828280
I think the picture was from @DCPU , otherwise I would have asked you a copyright fee :devilish: ;)

Back
Top Bottom