The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cost for US Market

kramrover

Reservation Holder
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
The latest elusive Q / A session was released needless to say as purchasers we are frustrated...is not rocket science folks. We priced out a GNDR and came up with the following for the markets that are getting pricing.
Trial Master grade GNDR build:
Total price:$109,525.00 AU = $72,046.241 US Dollars
Total price £69,000.00 UK = $83,034.60 US Dollar
Again these are the Trail Master builds. So we should or hope that Ineos have similar pricing model for US market excluding importation tax.....am i way off base here????

Last edited:

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
They've got to come in under $70k for me to bite. I know I've beaten the ev drum before but there's too much of an incentive to get something like the r1t (don't even have a reservation for one because I've been set on the grenadier) for a price that gets me the $7500 tax credit. I just need a versatile, reliable vehicle that I can take offroad, tow a boat, and have clients not think I'm insane (that's where the current truck I drive offends most people).

I'm really hoping ineos prices this thing competitively, at least for its base spec model.

Last edited:

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I went back and read the fine print for the UK vehicle- Kramrover- check your text

"† Prices shown are retail price including VAT and OTR. The price is subject to change and may vary by market. Prices shown are indicative of UK mainland. For vehicles sold in the Crown Dependencies (Channel Islands & Isle of Man), pricing will be confirmed by your selected retail partner. "

So if math is correct the and you remove the 13,800GBP (20% VAT) from 69K GBP it's 55,200GBP or about $66427.68 on todays currency.

and Australia has a 10% GST tax (Goods and Services Tax)

kramrover

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
They've got to come in under $70 for me to bite. I know I've beaten the ev drum before but there's too much of an incentive to get something like the r1t (don't even have a reservation for one because I've been set on the grenadier) for a price that gets me the $7500 tax credit. I just need a versatile, reliable vehicle that I can take offroad, tow a boat, and have clients not think I'm insane (that's where the current truck I drive offends most people).

I'm really hoping ineos prices this thing competitively, at least for its base spec model.
I agee with the price you indicated it needs to be aligned with current plastic Defender...if thats the market they want to go after. Thats funny we just got the tax credit for my wifes R1S and dont have a delivery date. We habe some big ticket items this year in the interim have D2.

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I went back and read the fine print for the UK vehicle- Kramrover- check your text

"† Prices shown are retail price including VAT and OTR. The price is subject to change and may vary by market. Prices shown are indicative of UK mainland. For vehicles sold in the Crown Dependencies (Channel Islands & Isle of Man), pricing will be confirmed by your selected retail partner. "

So if math is correct the and you remove the 13,800GBP (20% VAT) from 69K GBP it's 55,200GBP or about $66427.68 on todays currency
I'm really hoping so. That number feels right.

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
They've got to come in under $70k for me to bite. I know I've beaten the ev drum before but there's too much of an incentive to get something like the r1t (don't even have a reservation for one because I've been set on the grenadier) for a price that gets me the $7500 tax credit. I just need a versatile, reliable vehicle that I can take offroad, tow a boat, and have clients not think I'm insane (that's where the current truck I drive offends most people).

I'm really hoping ineos prices this thing competitively, at least for its base sp
Agree

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
There’s 10% gst in aussie price, 20% vat in uk price, and i think aussie has another import duty, although not luxury car tax…
you’d imagine import costs to usa would be no greater than, and probably a little below australia.

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
So, I'll bring up another question- that I'm sure has been asked already-

Has anyone checked into insurance in the US?
I'm calling my agent next week-

But if anyone has any insight- please share

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There’s 10% gst in aussie price, 20% vat in uk price, and i think aussie has another import duty, although not luxury car tax…
you’d imagine import costs to usa would be no greater than, and probably a little below australia.
Vehicle tax and stamp duty. Actual price varies State to State as a result of differing registration fees and CTP, also included in the on-road calculation of the original number above. With mine, you’d need to adjust the number down by 14% to get to base price for purpose of comparison.

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
You can't insure a vehicle that doesn't exist. There are no US spec Grenadiers yet.

Your cart is about a mile ahead of your horse.
I'd rather have some idea of what to expect before I have to expect a big pain in the ass- regardless of my cart in relation to my horse

btw- my cart is more like 10 miles in front of the horse at the rate Grenadier is moving

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd rather have some idea of what to expect before I have to expect a big pain in the ass- regardless of my cart in relation to my horse

btw- my cart is more like 10 miles in front of the horse at he rate Grenadier is moving
I’d check new Defender rates, maybe Grand Cherokees or Nissan Armadas (Patrol) too.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
I agee with the price you indicated it needs to be aligned with current plastic Defender...if thats the market they want to go after. Thats funny we just got the tax credit for my wifes R1S and dont have a delivery date. We habe some big ticket items this year in the interim have D2.
They don't want to go after the current "plastic" Defender market.
They want the customers who don't want the current "plastic" Defender

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Vehicle tax and stamp duty. Actual price varies State to State as a result of differing registration fees and CTP, also included in the on-road calculation of the original number above. With mine, you’d need to adjust the number down by 14% to get to base price for purpose of comparison.
So, there's a Trailmaster Utility Station Wagon version in Australia?
I want one

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, there's a Trailmaster Utility Station Wagon version in Australia?
I want one
Joking? There’s no Utility (2-seat) Station Wagon (5-seat) anywhere. My order started as a Trialmaster but has features both of the Fieldmaster (safari windows) and commercial-spec Station Wagon (rear side panels). Base Station Wagon spec is not available in Oz.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I'd offered up my optimistic (naive?) thoughts on price earlier, but I can't find it, so...

It seems that due to taxes, fees, etc, the $ number is very often in line with the £ number for car pricing, despite the difference in "value".

My fingers and toes are crossed hoping that this carries over to the Grenadier.

UK Pricing is
£58,000 base for the Station Wagon and
£69,000 base for the Belstaff editions.

If we can get them for ~$59,999 and ~$69,999 here in the states I'll be ecstatic.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I'd offered up my optimistic (naive?) thoughts on price earlier, but I can't find it, so...

It seems that due to taxes, fees, etc, the $ number is very often in line with the £ number for car pricing, despite the difference in "value".

My fingers and toes are crossed hoping that this carries over to the Grenadier.

UK Pricing is
£58,000 base for the Station Wagon and
£69,000 base for the Belstaff editions.

If we can get them for ~$59,999 and ~$69,999 here in the states I'll be ecstatic.
I thought we were going around the maypole one more time for new members…

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
They don't want to go after the current "plastic" Defender market.
They want the customers who don't want the current "plastic" Defender
This what the Defender should have been and was not

Sailor96

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Joking? There’s no Utility (2-seat) Station Wagon (5-seat) anywhere. My order started as a Trialmaster but has features both of the Fieldmaster (safari windows) and commercial-spec Station Wagon (rear side panels). Base Station Wagon spec is not available in Oz.

I stumbled across this trying to figure pricing..
1678496402360.png

Back
Top Bottom