The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Cost for US Market

Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
It will once they release the dual motor option. Silver with dual motor and large battery pack and standarthe 21"wheels comes in just under $80k.

If people want a Rivian truck now (within the next couple of weeks) all they need to do is order one with the quad motor. It's going to be over $80k and not qualify for the rebate. Rivian is sitting on a bunch of them and trying to get them in the hands of buyers that are willing to pay a higher price rather than wait.
I will be getting my 7500 tax credit for my wifes R1S form 8936 and signed Aug 15th Purchase order. Once we get the vin we can claim it on 2022 taxes. Hope we get word by Oct otherwise will have to amend fy22 taxes. Not sure about the R1T ill have to ask neighbor who just got his if he gets tax credit.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will be getting my 7500 tax credit for my wifes R1S form 8936 and signed Aug 15th Purchase order. Once we get the vin we can claim it on 2022 taxes. Hope we get word by Oct otherwise will have to amend fy22 taxes. Not sure about the R1T ill have to ask neighbor who just got his if he gets tax credit.
The cutoff on MSRP is $80k. The R1S starts at 79,800 so I guess if you don't do anything at all and just go base model you can get away with it. There's income limits as well.

Local time
Reaction score
Certainly not in this part of the country. I've been in the market for a new Jeep for several years, and the price here on new Rubicons is typically anywhere between $63k to $70k. That's MSRP, so no dealer markup. There's a couple of local dealers who will sometimes sell for below MSRP at certain times of the year, so a Rubicon can be had for around $57k. But that's before taxes and title. Vehicle tax here is 6.8%, so with some luck and a hefty dealer discount you're looking at $63k to $67 out-the-door for a lower level Rubican. Adding the optional leather seats, matching color fender flares, and matching top will add thousands more, as those are not standard on the Rubicon.

No way you're getting a new 2023 Rubicon for $50k around here. Used ones go for that. Day before yesterday I looked at a used 4Runner TRD with 37,000 miles priced at almost $60k at CarMax.

The dealership in this link offers dealer discounts. However, I've been there multiple times in the last month and the online prices are not accurate. They impose a $3500 upcharge on every vehicle for window tint, wheel locks, etc., which are installed right after delivery. All the local dealers do something like this, so the prices on the website are misleading and none of them will honor TrueCar prices. Believe me I've tried.

I just sold my Land Rover and still have one other Jeep Wrangler. It's difficult for me to believe that a loaded Grenadier will be less than $100k. I could maybe believe a stripped-down version could be had for $80k or something like that.

But hey, I would be delighted to be wrong, because it would be fantastic to pay $70k for a loaded Grenadier.
If you just build a Rubicon with no options at all and decide to wait, you can get it slightly over $50K including tax. And, if you do research more, there will be almost 10% off from MSRP. Linking a dealership isn't a point here.

And "personally", if Grenadier is over $100K, I am out. I would just buy a Porsche. I expect it to start a bit over $80K.

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
If you just build a Rubicon with no options at all and decide to wait, you can get it slightly over $50K including tax. And, if you do research more, there will be almost 10% off from MSRP. Linking a dealership isn't a point here.

And "personally", if Grenadier is over $100K, I am out. I would just buy a Porsche. I expect it to start a bit over $80K.
I'm now debating if I even want one if If over $70k. I can get a new 6 speed manual M2 for less than $65k. Apple oranges, I know, but either vehicle is to be my weekend ride for fun activities whether off-road or on.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it’s significantly over the Rubicon, Bronco or 4Runner then I’ll need to really reconsider. While I understand it sort of competes with a Defender, it’s really not in that luxury category and if it’s priced that way, well it’ll be a hard sell for me at least. Considering the newness, the lack of service network, etc, the consumer risk should be priced accordingly.

Local time
Reaction score
If it’s significantly over the Rubicon, Bronco or 4Runner then I’ll need to really reconsider. While I understand it sort of competes with a Defender, it’s really not in that luxury category and if it’s priced that way, well it’ll be a hard sell for me at least. Considering the newness, the lack of service network, etc, the consumer risk should be priced accordingly.
And interest rates around 7+% :cautious:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And interest rates around 7+% :cautious:
I know we don't think about it but you always have the ability to refinance your car at a lower rate once rates come back down. Plus I assume most of us will have a sizeable downpayment to make the 7% jagged little pill easier to swallow.

Local time
Reaction score
I know we don't think about it but you always have the ability to refinance your car at a lower rate once rates come back down. Plus I assume most of us will have a sizeable downpayment to make the 7% jagged little pill easier to swallow.

My apologies for not introducing myself. Tis I…the KING of Refinancing and Justification 🤣😂. I’m just crossing my fingers rates get better over the next 9-12 months! There’s also the ridiculous personal property tax levied by our Virginia overlords here as well. That’ll be around $2k+ a year 🤬

And sizable down payment. THAT’S some funny stuff right there! 😜

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
My apologies for not introducing myself. Tis I…the KING of Refinancing and Justification 🤣😂. I’m just crossing my fingers rates get better over the next 9-12 months!

And sizable down payment. THAT’S some funny stuff right there! 😜
I was assuming that anyone over 60 will be paying cash or cash & trade

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
I was assuming that anyone over 60 will be paying cash or cash & trade
What about in our 30s paying cash - thank you COVID!

Rates for vehicle finance are not looking that good long term... but if you have business to write it down then the rates really does not matter too much. Just buy it!

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'm now debating if I even want one if If over $70k. I can get a new 6 speed manual M2 for less than $65k. Apple oranges, I know, but either vehicle is to be my weekend ride for fun activities whether off-road or on.
The new M2 is a special car. I own a 2019 M2 Competition. I bought it as daily driver in 2018. The newest one should be a few steps above. You will love it. A ton of character and the perfect size. With an actual manual transmission in 2023! That light blue launch paint color is amazing too. I salute your excellent taste in vehicles.

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
I don’t think Ineos sees itself in the same class as the models you mentioned. They are very clearly going for luxury, just defined differently. I do agree with you on discounting for the leap of faith consumers must take (service network, etc). I just can’t see the Trial/Field Editions going for less than $90k.

Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think Ineos sees itself in the same class as the models you mentioned. They are very clearly going for luxury, just defined differently. I do agree with you on discounting for the leap of faith consumers must take (service network, etc). I just can’t see the Trial/Field Editions going for less than $90k.
They won't sell hardly any here at that price.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
They won't sell hardly any here at that price.
I bet they will sell the full quota no problems whatever the price.
And as stated before if they were in the same class as the Wrangler, Bronco & 4Runner I bet most of the people on this forum wouldn't be buying one.
High price and luxury don't necessarily go hand in hand.
Ineos are looking to sell a maximum of 45,000 per year worldwide.
Maybe 10,000-15,000 of those will be North America at most
Once the dual cab ute/pickup starts up that will sell like hotcakes in Australia and Africa, and take up a large share of that 45,000 vehicles.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Will the US version get hit by the Gas Guzzler Tax provisions in the Energy Tax Act of 1978?

I've read that this tax only applies to passenger cars. So between that and the "chicken tax" on commercial vehicles, it seems the US Govt wants it's pound of flesh.

What's the official mpg?

Untitled.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Will the US version get hit by the Gas Guzzler Tax provisions in the Energy Tax Act of 1978?

I've read that this tax only applies to passenger cars. So between that and the "chicken tax" on commercial vehicles, it seems the US Govt wants it's pound of flesh.

What's the official mpg?

View attachment 7808369
I believe because of the small numbers of cars sold here in the US initially, Ineos is asking for exception to avoid the EPA requirements for fuel. Here is the documentation for exception.

This proposed decision responds to petitions filed by several low volume manufacturers requesting exemption from the generally applicable corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) standards for several model years (MYs). The low volume manufacturers and MYs are as follows: Aston Martin Lagonda Limited for MYs 2008-2023, Ferrari N.V. for MYs 2016-2018 and 2020, Koenigsegg Automotive AB for MYs 2015 and 2018-2023, McLaren Automotive for MYs 2012-2023, Mobility Ventures LLC for MYs 2014-2016, Pagani Automobili S.p.A for MYs 2014 and 2016-2023, and Spyker Automobielen B.V. for MYs 2008-2010. NHTSA proposes to exempt these manufacturers from the generally applicable CAFE standards for the model years listed and establish alternative standards for each individual manufacturer at the levels

Back
Top Bottom