The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Cost for US Market

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
I stumbled across this trying to figure pricing..
View attachment 7805768
Those are the 2-seat variants, correct.

There is however the base spec 5-seat Station Wagon at $98K vs the 2-seat above (if you page back and go down through Station Wagon)... hang on I’ll paste below.

If I go back through my saved configs I see I worked one up from the Station Wagon ‘Grenadier’ spec and the other ‘Grenadier Trialmaster‘ spec.
So please ignore my “no station wagon base spec” claim as it is based on the interior fitout being represented identically in both configs… eg it could be the error is in the configurator itself and what would actually be delivered would differ.

Clear as mud? :)

1678506743839.png

Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Those are the 2-seat variants, correct.

There is however the base spec 5-seat Station Wagon at $98K vs the 2-seat above (if you page back and go down through Station Wagon)... hang on I’ll paste below.

If I go back through my saved configs I see I worked one up from the Station Wagon ‘Grenadier’ spec and the other ‘Grenadier Trialmaster‘ spec.
So please ignore my “no station wagon base spec” claim as it is based on the interior fitout being represented identically in both configs… eg it could be the error is in the configurator itself and what would actually be delivered would differ.

Clear as mud? :)

View attachment 7805776
Clear as mud...🤔

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
They've got to come in under $70k for me to bite. I know I've beaten the ev drum before but there's too much of an incentive to get something like the r1t (don't even have a reservation for one because I've been set on the grenadier) for a price that gets me the $7500 tax credit. I just need a versatile, reliable vehicle that I can take offroad, tow a boat, and have clients not think I'm insane (that's where the current truck I drive offends most people).

I'm really hoping ineos prices this thing competitively, at least for its base spec model.
I think a key question is how far you want to tow that boat. EVs lose a ton of range when towing. The Lightning apparently can’t make it 100 miles.

Local time
Reaction score
I think a key question is how far you want to tow that boat. EVs lose a ton of range when towing. The Lightning apparently can’t make it 100 miles.
I'm in the Atlanta area and tow to Savannah or the gulf coast. I'll only need to stop once for charging. Not bad. I don't have to stop with my diesel truck on a 300 mile trip, but end up stopping anyway to stretch the legs, eat, and hit the head.

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if a loaded Fieldmaster isn't over $100k in the US. A new Jeep Rubicon is ~$68k, and used Jeeps go for $50k around here.

I just looked at a new 2023 Defender at a local dealer and it was well over $110k.

Youtube reviewers speculating the US version Grenadier is going to go for $50k are smoking crack. I won't be surprised if it's double that.

Local time
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if a loaded Fieldmaster isn't over $100k in the US. A new Jeep Rubicon is ~$68k, and used Jeeps go for $50k around here.

I just looked at a new 2023 Defender at a local dealer and it was well over $110k.

Youtube reviewers speculating the US version Grenadier is going to go for $50k are smoking crack. I won't be surprised if it's double that.
If pricing in the US is in line with the pricing in the UK, Europe, and Australia, then it won't be near $100k.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score

Have a dig around the forum. There’s been a lot of talk about us pricing. Just don’t start talking about dealer gouging, it’s guaranteed to get an animated response. :censored:

Welcome to the forum @Dr Zaius

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

I feared the same but then dug in to compare the Defender spec vs spec to the Grenadier. Then comparing pricing in Australia and the UK. I think it WILL be possible to option a Grenadier to over $100k, but that will be fully loaded with nearly every option (winch, sunroof,aux battery, diffs, alloys, and just about everything). High $70k for a well equipped Trialmaster is what I’m expecting but hoping for mid $70k.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A new 4-door Rubicon starts just below $50,000. JEEP

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They don't want to go after the current "plastic" Defender market.
They want the customers who don't want the current "plastic" Defender
I have a '23 plastic Defender and I'm planning to get the Grenadier as well.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have a '23 plastic Defender and I'm planning to get the Grenadier as well.
Me too! It’s plastic and makes me crave going to the mall. Oh but I have to stop at Starbucks on the way.
It gets old hearing how bad the new defender or G wagen is. Of course I never had the opportunity to own the original defender or Land Rover series in the US. I’m ok waiting on the grenadier. It’ll be here soon enough and I’ll drive the hell out of it.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if the US versions are slightly higher spec from those offered in Europe/Sth Africa/Australia in terms of standard inclusions and higher engine output. I have no advanced info... just an observation that the very nature of the competitive US market seems to require "more" from 'foreign' imports so as to compete with locally produced offerings in a similar price range. Those with experience of imported Euro brands may be able to comment further ....

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s list with no taxes. Taxes in NJ are 7% and the registration fees and such might add a few hundred more. Even paying list, I’m out the door under $55,000 (plus car insurance).

Local time
Reaction score
A new 4-door Rubicon starts just below $50,000. JEEP
Certainly not in this part of the country. I've been in the market for a new Jeep for several years, and the price here on new Rubicons is typically anywhere between $63k to $70k. That's MSRP, so no dealer markup. There's a couple of local dealers who will sometimes sell for below MSRP at certain times of the year, so a Rubicon can be had for around $57k. But that's before taxes and title. Vehicle tax here is 6.8%, so with some luck and a hefty dealer discount you're looking at $63k to $67 out-the-door for a lower level Rubican. Adding the optional leather seats, matching color fender flares, and matching top will add thousands more, as those are not standard on the Rubicon.

No way you're getting a new 2023 Rubicon for $50k around here. Used ones go for that. Day before yesterday I looked at a used 4Runner TRD with 37,000 miles priced at almost $60k at CarMax.

The dealership in this link offers dealer discounts. However, I've been there multiple times in the last month and the online prices are not accurate. They impose a $3500 upcharge on every vehicle for window tint, wheel locks, etc., which are installed right after delivery. All the local dealers do something like this, so the prices on the website are misleading and none of them will honor TrueCar prices. Believe me I've tried.

I just sold my Land Rover and still have one other Jeep Wrangler. It's difficult for me to believe that a loaded Grenadier will be less than $100k. I could maybe believe a stripped-down version could be had for $80k or something like that.

But hey, I would be delighted to be wrong, because it would be fantastic to pay $70k for a loaded Grenadier.

Last edited:

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you folks, but less than 70k would be a big surprise.
As energy and all elements in the supply chain keep getting more expensive, I would be surprised if Ineos would not announce next EU price increase before mid year.

Local time
Reaction score
Certainly not in this part of the country. I've been in the market for a new Jeep for several years, and the price here on new Rubicons is typically anywhere between $63k to $70k. That's MSRP, so no dealer markup. There's a couple of local dealers who will sometimes sell for below MSRP at certain times of the year, so a Rubicon can be had for around $57k. But that's before taxes and title. Vehicle tax here is 6.8%, so with some luck and a hefty dealer discount you're looking at $63k to $67 out-the-door for a lower level Rubican. Adding the optional leather seats, matching color fender flares, and matching top will add thousands more, as those are not standard on the Rubicon.

No way you're getting a new 2023 Rubicon for $50k around here. Used ones go for that. Day before yesterday I looked at a used 4Runner TRD with 37,000 miles priced at almost $60k at CarMax.

The dealership in this link offers dealer discounts. However, I've been there multiple times in the last month and the online prices are not accurate. They impose a $3500 upcharge on every vehicle for window tint, wheel locks, etc., which are installed right after delivery. All the local dealers do something like this, so the prices on the website are misleading and none of them will honor TrueCar prices. Believe me I've tried.

I just sold my Land Rover and still have one other Jeep Wrangler. It's difficult for me to believe that a loaded Grenadier will be less than $100k. I could maybe believe a stripped-down version could be had for $80k or something like that.

But hey, I would be delighted to be wrong, because it would be fantastic to pay $70k for a loaded Grenadier.

There are multiple dealers offering 6-8% below Invoice (equivalent to 11-13% below MSRP) on Jeep Wranglers. Go check out JLwranglerforums for the ample discussion on the topic.

We ordered through one of these dealers and got a new diesel Rubicon with leather and a couple other options for less than $50k (excluding sales taxes). Took us about 8 weeks from order to delivery in a much tighter market than today.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They've got to come in under $70k for me to bite. I know I've beaten the ev drum before but there's too much of an incentive to get something like the r1t (don't even have a reservation for one because I've been set on the grenadier) for a price that gets me the $7500 tax credit. I just need a versatile, reliable vehicle that I can take offroad, tow a boat, and have clients not think I'm insane (that's where the current truck I drive offends most people).

I'm really hoping ineos prices this thing competitively, at least for its base spec model.
R1T doesn’t get $7500 because it’s MSRP is too high to qualify

Local time
Reaction score
R1T doesn’t get $7500 because it’s MSRP is too high to qualify
It will once they release the dual motor option. Silver with dual motor and large battery pack and standard 21"wheels comes in just under $80k.

If people want a Rivian truck now (within the next couple of weeks) all they need to do is order one with the quad motor. It's going to be over $80k and not qualify for the rebate. Rivian is sitting on a bunch of them and trying to get them in the hands of buyers that are willing to pay a higher price rather than wait.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you want a discount on a "Wrangler" get the Gladiator instead.

Back
Top Bottom