The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

contrast wrap option

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Very optimistic. But hope is not a statement.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Hope is the last to die!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I might get wrap done locally anyway. And get some decals made... like the one on the drivers door (below), and per some of the prototypes which have the GRENADIER lettering on the side of the bonnet in a contrast colour such as white.

View attachment 7794960

I think it will head off the inevitable questions, about if it's a Land Rover or... ?

... but mostly cos it'll look "fully sick", as they say 🤪

I wonder if Ineos will release the drawing files, in whatever format required, to help this? It would be a nice touch to getting the branding just right and would sit alongside the CAD drawings for the aftermarket they've already spoken about.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
As others have said, dropped because of concerns over future warranty claims is my best guess.

Just like the contrast rood, I will be getting any wraps done after I receive it. I can have what I want in the colour I want having considered it and I would hazard a guess it will be somewhat cheaper as well.

I think the bling merchants will be doing plenty of this sort of stuff and rebranding the vehicle with their own name and charging a small fortune for it.

Will anyone else be considering putting 23’ alloys on and lowering the suspension 😂

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
As others have said, dropped because of concerns over future warranty claims is my best guess.

Just like the contrast rood, I will be getting any wraps done after I receive it. I can have what I want in the colour I want having considered it and I would hazard a guess it will be somewhat cheaper as well.

I think the bling merchants will be doing plenty of this sort of stuff and rebranding the vehicle with their own name and charging a small fortune for it.

Will anyone else be considering putting 23’ alloys on and lowering the suspension 😂
The contrast roof is painted , not wrapped, it is still going ahead

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The contrast roof is painted , not wrapped, it is still going ahead
I know it is, however it is also very expensive, hence I will be wrapping mine if I feel the need to go for a black roof, or a completely different colour, but i won’t have more choices.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
Ineos' work regarding wraps is probably now done - demonstrating in their prototypes the basic idea, and some different ways that wrapping could be use to personalise the vehicle in an enjoyable but considered way.

I feel that LR 'own' the contrast roof, so I haven't ordered. I understand that many manufacturers now offer this, but for me, to do so on a Grenadier would be overly-derivative, since the car is already heavily derived of the Defender.

But I say embrace the wrap, as Ineos' contemporary take on the LR roof.

Ine05

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I got the call too today and asked if I still wanted to proceed with order. Well yes I do but asked if I could change to green with white roof and was told green colour is not currently available ( even though first production car is green 🤔). So thinking I’ll stay with Britannia blue but add white roof.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ine05 - as mentioned in other post this morn, I've selected Sela green - but with black roof and was told that is one of the reasons my build will be end Q1 next year. Got to go through paint shop twice. So there's a chance if you add another paint into the mix then might delay your build slot.

May well not be a concern to you.

Ine05

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Ine05 - as mentioned in other post this morn, I've selected Sela green - but with black roof and was told that is one of the reasons my build will be end Q1 next year. Got to go through paint shop twice. So there's a chance if you add another paint into the mix then might delay your build slot.

May well not be a concern to you.
she didn’t have a problem in me adding white roof to my blue. The problem seemed to be the green.

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Same here, got an email confirming that the rear door contrast option is withdrawn, and configurator seems to be updated as well… it is what it is!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a surprise phone call asking if I didn't want a different coloured rear door. Red would fit well, wouldn't it? Now there is just time to change it before it goes into production. No, I didn't want a red door and still don't. I told the nice person to put the door in the corner. The next person who wants it will surely come.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a surprise phone call asking if I didn't want a different coloured rear door. Red would fit well, wouldn't it? Now there is just time to change it before it goes into production. No, I didn't want a red door and still don't. I told the nice person to put the door in the corner. The next person who wants it will surely come.
Sounds like they've got the quality issues with the wrapping sorted out and now need to generate some orders.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Wait until the likes of Urban and Khan get hold of one. All those things will appear, guaranteed!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Another one of their jobs:
Screenshot_20230111_134115.jpg

Given that it's a prototype, does this mean it's just a "static place holder" until their customer car turns up?

Back
Top Bottom