The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contract

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Someone on Facebook -
"I had an email yesterday saying the contracts are being sent out on Tuesday 25th October…..we’ll see".

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the two weeks have elapsed and we all remain none the wiser, unsurprising but extremely disappointing. I dare say, much like our politicians, how many false promises can Mark Tennant make before we no longer believe a word he says? Any form of update, even if it was "no update" would at least constitute the keeping of a promise. As it is, I'm sure we'll all be patient; I certainly won't spit my dummy out but I know if I failed to communicate with my customers for pretty much any length of time, I would soon discover that I had no customers!
I completely agree with you.
If I treated my clients like this, my company would not exist a long time ago.

Reactions: JOB

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Someone on Facebook -
"I had an email yesterday saying the contracts are being sent out on Tuesday 25th October…..we’ll see".
Unless they work late in to the evening, that hasn’t happened. News would soon reach this forum of contracts finding their way to perspective buyers.

The more I think about it, the more I am irritated by the direct “we’ll be in touch within two weeks” statement. Better to under promise and over deliver. Maybe my patience is worn thin by the seemingly constant bad news. 😖

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think Mark Tennant intentionally made false promises. I think he was simply overtaken by reality.

However, he should have made a statement like "I apologise, but reality has caught up with us again" or something like that.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the agent that telephoned me about the withdrawal of the nose highlight wrap said that contracts were going to be issued on the 27th.
So I expect to see something in my inbox tomorrow then…
Of course the month wasn’t stated

A

Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
I received my contract today. I’m in Australia and when I eventually found out that delivery would be March/April I had to request a refund as we are heading off on a 12 month touring holiday mid February. Thought about delaying the start of the holiday but could just see that March/April could become April/May etc.
So I have already received my deposit back but just had to see if I could access and sign the contract, which I can. Expected delivery is March 14 with numerous caveats on that. No change to price.
Very tempted to sign just to see what happens.
I was a bit sad to let the vehicle go and have become sadder now that I’m specking up a Mazda bt50 to replace it. By the time I finish with the upgrades the bt will only be about 15k cheaper. I will have a winch though, long range fuel tank, greater payload and a few other goodies I couldn’t afford with the Ineos. But I’ll also have a worse ride, less comfortable seats, an ugly car, a less robust vehicle, no front rigid axle, less torque/power, no cool switches and a whole lot of jealousy when I see a grenny out there.
Do you think I should sign anyway???

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
I got mine this morning but the stamp duty calculation was wrong 😑

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
I received my contract today. I’m in Australia and when I eventually found out that delivery would be March/April I had to request a refund as we are heading off on a 12 month touring holiday mid February. Thought about delaying the start of the holiday but could just see that March/April could become April/May etc.
So I have already received my deposit back but just had to see if I could access and sign the contract, which I can. Expected delivery is March 14 with numerous caveats on that. No change to price.
Very tempted to sign just to see what happens.
I was a bit sad to let the vehicle go and have become sadder now that I’m specking up a Mazda bt50 to replace it. By the time I finish with the upgrades the bt will only be about 15k cheaper. I will have a winch though, long range fuel tank, greater payload and a few other goodies I couldn’t afford with the Ineos. But I’ll also have a worse ride, less comfortable seats, an ugly car, a less robust vehicle, no front rigid axle, less torque/power, no cool switches and a whole lot of jealousy when I see a grenny out there.
Do you think I should sign anyway???
Yes. But I’m biased. ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll also have a worse ride, less comfortable seats, an ugly car
I wouldn't spend $100'000 for something ugly. In particular not if it's unconfortable and worse to ride than something else.

Even though I am biased as well: I'd sign the contract. Shouldn't be a big deal to sell it later with little loss or even profit if you don't like it.

Edit: removed decimal point ('locale' confusion ...)

Last edited:

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Should I be worried......not received contract yet. In UK ordered 11:48 18/05/2022 ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No worries. They do it in batches.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awaiting changes and issue of a new contract, hope all goes okay as per the following. Hope the towball change doesn’t confuse too much 😂 I tried to help out with the phonetic alphabet when I called.

“ I am writing you a confirmation through email for the changes that has been requested in ticket number XXXXX. Please see below the details that have been passed to the relevant department for the changes:

add auxiliary battery
add interior utility rails
add quick release tie down rings
CHANGE the tow ball to 50mm tow ball and draw Juliette alpha whisky

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance. “

Back
Top Bottom