The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contract

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Has Anyone received or heard of anyone getting their contracts ?
I spoke to my agent today and ask if/when the contracts were being issued.
The reply being they were due yesterday Monday 16th Jan, but have not been issued due to further amendments?????
Apparently I still have a February build date for delivery now "Late" March from originally being pushed back to mid March.
So I would expect most customers will be waiting to drive away with a new registration plate from the 1st of April

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
1st March for us in the UK; which does raise the issue of the contract terms which state:

"Unless otherwise agreed by INEOS, the Customer must take delivery of the
Vehicle within 14 days of being notified by INEOS that the Vehicle is ready for collection (Delivery Deadline)."
I just wait to get the information one day before a 14 days family holiday abroad...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos updates of 'this week' remind me of when I cycled the South Downs Way, I kept telling myself that Eastbourne (the finish) was just over the next Hill....of course it wasn't and I had many hills and hours of grinding the miles out until finally dropping down to the end.

For me when I see my Grenny it will feel like I've arrived in Eastbourne again!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
The Ineos updates of 'this week' remind me of when I cycled the South Downs Way, I kept telling myself that Eastbourne (the finish) was just over the next Hill....of course it wasn't and I had many hills and hours of grinding the miles out until finally dropping down to the end.

For me when I see my Grenny it will feel like I've arrived in Eastbourne again!
Remember when we were kids - travelling with our parents on long trips - bored witless - constantly asking father if we are there yet - to be constantly told just round the next corner!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My parents had many ideas to keep us busy. "who will first see the same car we have?" for example.

We had, btw. a Borgward Isabella in that time (mid 60s). A very rare car. ;-)

url.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Remember when we were kids - travelling with our parents on long trips - bored witless - constantly asking father if we are there yet - to be constantly told just round the next corner!
My father would have pulled over and given me a beating

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My parents had many ideas to keep us busy. "who will first see the same car we have?" for example.

We had, btw. A Borgward Isabella in that time (mid 60s). A very rare car. ;-)

View attachment 7800654
Stylish old car emax - how many kids in back?

same here - but even after we had played all those games, read comics, had a sing-a-long and a sleep - we still had 4 hours of travel (without A/C remember),........Australia is a big place and we weren't popping down to Bregenz from Munich for our summer vacation!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

same here - but even after we had played all those games, read comics, had a sing-a-long and a sleep - we still had 4 hours of travel (without A/C remember),........Australia is a big place and we weren't popping down to Bregenz from Munich for our summer vacation!
Dont forget to factor in the mandatory car break down along the way - usually on the side of the road with steam billowing from the opened bonnet.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

We had, btw. A Borgward Isabella in that time (mid 60s). A very rare car. ;-)

View attachment 7800654
An extremely well engineered car. Blame BMW for destroying the company.
Friend of mine had a later one that needed a big resto...I was always eyeing it off. Then he got distracted on the phone when burning off some tree debris...fire took off into a rough shed housing multiple old Italian classics and nearby the Borgward and some others got roasted.
Almost exactly 1/2 of the Borgward was melted away...the rest ruined

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
WHERE ARE THESE DARN CONTRACTS????
If you look very carefully in the 1st Grenadier, the guy in the passenger seat in the 1st Grenadier is the one who should be pressing ""SEND"" on all the contracts but is off on a jolly in the Scottish / British snow. !!! maybe next week , or the week after that...........

same old broken record alas.......

Attachments

• grenadier in the snow.jpg
    grenadier in the snow.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 23

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you look very carefully in the 1st Grenadier, the guy in the passenger seat in the 1st Grenadier is the one who should be pressing ""SEND"" on all the contracts but is off on a jolly in the Scottish / British snow. !!! maybe next week , or the week after that...........

same old broken record alas.......
You’ve either got bloody good eyesight or have been smoking something good 👍🏼😂😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They were due out on the 16th weren't they........grrrrrrr.

I log in on a Monday thinking this week, this week, then by Thursday I'm thinking next week, next week.

Hope dies last!!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
They were due out on the 16th weren't they........grrrrrrr.

I log in on a Monday thinking this week, this week, then by Thursday I'm thinking next week, next week.

Hope dies last!!
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

We were five kids, so 7 persons in the car. One of us kids sometimes sleeping on the back shelf, another one partially on my mothers knees.
No safety belts or headrests at all, let alone ABS, ESP, A/C or airbags ...

The car was a 50ies build and famous in Germany. It was trusty but rusty: When my father pulled the handbrake, you couldn't open the door any more because the whole car buckled.

Perhaps the youngsters can now understand why many from our generation can often only shake their heads at electronic nannies in modern cars.

Those were the days ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Dont forget to factor in the mandatory car break down along the way - usually on the side of the road with steam billowing from the opened bonnet.
Exactly what you say. Though the Isabella was mostly trusty, it had of course still such issues. I remember a 600 Km drive from Ingolstadt to Aachen. A coolant hose got a crack.

My father filled it with coffee from the pot and drove a little further. But then he had to walk two kilometers to a house to get more water and some tape. In the meantime, we kids were playing on the side of the road.

It was the Autobahn.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
We were five kids, so 7 persons in the car. One of us kids sometimes sleeping on the back shelf, another one partially on my mothers knees.
No safety belts or headrests at all, let alone ABS, ESP, A/C or airbags ...

The car was a 50ies build and famous in Germany. It was trusty but rusty: When my father pulled the handbrake, you couldn't open the door any more because the whole car buckled.

Perhaps the youngsters can now understand why many from our generation can often only shake their heads at electronic nannies in modern cars.

Those were the days ...
Fantastic story and can relate to it being similar vintage… I would bet that Hillman Minx was modelled from that old car…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
C.F.W. Borgward was an important part of German automotive history and a genius of design. Unfortunately, Borgward went bankrupt in 1961. On the one hand, C.F.W. Borgward was a perfectionist. On the other hand, there are indications that BMW board member Semler, with the approval of the Allies, had prevented Borgward from receiving another loan. This is supported by the fact that at the end of the proceedings the claims of all Borgward creditors were satisfied and even 4.5 million Marks remained. That was a lot for that time.

But you can't find much German documents about that in the history. But there is an English article about it - which sheds some but not enough light on the matter.

More about the Borgward Isabella here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom