Commercial and VAT reclaim

DaveH1

Contributor
This may have been discussed before ...

I noted before the launch that the more commercial version was available in 2 and 5 seat versions and with the option of rear side windows. I read that the 5 seat version had less leg room in the rear seats. This was previously under the heading of Utility Wagon. It now appears that the base 5 seat model (£52k ) takes on this spec but is this base model valid as a commercial vehicle and would I be able to reclaim VAT? ( uk question i guess )

The idea of being able to claim back £10k of VAT is very attractive, I realise that a reclaim is based on the vehicle being used only for work.

Is there any other downside to going down the commercial route?, speed limits on motorways etc??

Eg

First Posts
I would like to know the answers to this aswell.  I presume so as there would seem very little point in the 5 seat utility otherwise

stickshifter

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
DaveH1 said:
This may have been discussed before ...

I noted before the launch that the more commercial version was available in 2 and 5 seat versions and with the option of rear side windows. I read that the 5 seat version had less leg room in the rear seats. This was previously under the heading of Utility Wagon. It now appears that the base 5 seat model (£52k ) takes on this spec but is this base model valid as a commercial vehicle and would I be able to reclaim VAT? ( uk question i guess )

The idea of being able to claim back £10k of VAT is very attractive, I realise that a reclaim is based on the vehicle being used only for work.

Is there any other downside to going down the commercial route?, speed limits on motorways etc??

In a different thread, I was informed that the commercial 2-seater will not have the battery in the same location as the 5-seat station wagon (inside the vehicle, under the second row of seats). The person who told me this did not know to where the battery was being relocated, and I haven't seen any info on this. Sorry to provide info without any documentation. I happen to like the location of the battery inside the vehicle. Locating it away from the engine bay keeps the battery from exposure to water, mud, heat, and also helps with the weight distribution (front-to-rear) of the vehicle. Before I learned this, I was leaning toward the commercial 2-seater. If I find some decent info I will post it here.