The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour percentage on orders taken

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
I remember these. Sales stimuli such as this [zero-added feature special editions (colour, stickers)] seem to signal curtains for a model. The maker wringing the model's neck.

Slightly different situation here. That fun edition was offered in 1995 and the model (Golf) still sells 28 years later.

The 1L motor was not offered here AFAIK.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
Queens Red looks beautiful. Can’t say why I didn’t go for it myself. Very nearly did but DG won on the day.
I can understand why the colours chosen in the States are very different to Europe. Don’t think I would be ordering a dark colour where hot summers are a given.
Thank you! While Summers in Virginia may not be as bad as recent summers in England, they can be "warm" nonethe less. But Summers don't last all year, and have lived in the South entire life so one gets accustomed. While the British know how to build a heater, admit it has always taken my 96 Disco sometime to "cool" down in the summer so just got accustomed to doing with less and windows open which actually makes driving more fun. Ironically the design of the windows of the Disco helps to keep much more heat out compared to my Tiguan - one will bake quickly in the Tiguan!!
Cheers!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
Queens Red looks beautiful. Can’t say why I didn’t go for it myself. Very nearly did but DG won on the day.
I can understand why the colours chosen in the States are very different to Europe. Don’t think I would be ordering a dark colour where hot summers are a given.
I'd have loved to have gotten Sela Green or Queen's Red but the desert in Arizona is brutal. I'm hoping MM doesn't get *too* hot. If I lived somewhere cooler, I'd have changed my color. I like MM, don't misunderstand me, but it has a different look and to me, changes the feel of the Grenadier from an upscale off-roader to more of an NGO / military look.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd have loved to have gotten Sela Green or Queen's Red but the desert in Arizona is brutal. I'm hoping MM doesn't get *too* hot. If I lived somewhere cooler, I'd have changed my color. I like MM, don't misunderstand me, but it has a different look and to me, changes the feel of the Grenadier from an upscale off-roader to more of an NGO / military look.
Sela Green was my my 1st choice but moved to 2nd the more I looked at Queen's Red. I can understand your dilemma with being in AZ.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Sela Green was my my 1st choice but moved to 2nd the more I looked at Queen's Red. I can understand your dilemma with being in AZ.
In hindsight after finding how dark the Donny Grey is in real life an not the CGI grey when I ordered it, I too would have gone with the Queens Red.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In hindsight after finding how dark the Donny Grey is in real life an not the CGI grey when I ordered it, I too would have gone with the Queens Red.
It was challenging to assess the "real" colours. I looked though many online articles and photos. Of course it would be nice to have a different coloured vehicle for the mood of that day 😂
Spoke with a woman (who was head of marketing or such ) when I visited the west London dealership this summer - she state Donny Grey was the most popular choice at that time and it is a really sharp looking colour!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
I got 400 colour (color?) inputs yesterday, time to publish a small update:

1699957513106.png

1699957579015.png
How did I collect? From the polls some months ago (April?), and since then every time I saw somebody revealing his favorite color I wrote it down in my file.
With 81 inputs for North America, this is quite relevant.

Beware: this doesn't probably correspond to the official Ineos statistics, because most of the people on the forum are particular buyers, and the Ineos official statistics contain also professional customers who bought several cars.

Last edited:

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
I got 400 colour (color?) inputs yesterday, time to publish a small update:

View attachment 7832592

View attachment 7832593
How did I collect? From the polls some months ago (April?), and since then every time I saw somebody revealing his favorite color I wrote it down in my file.
With 81 inputs for North America, this is quite relevant.

Beware: this doesn't probably correspond to the official Ineos statistics, because most of the people on the forum are particular buyers, and the Ineos official statistics contain also professional customers who bought several cars.
Yesterday I put a deposit down on Queens Red. After seeing how few people are choosing it makes me think twice.🤔

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday I put a deposit down on Queens Red. After seeing how few people are choosing it makes me think twice.🤔
I like it, especially after seeing it in the flesh. After I ordered Donny grey, given the chance again I would go for Queens red.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
QR is an awesome color and you will be very happy with it. Has a nice tone and not a bright look at me I drive a red car look.
Thank you!! It was a challenging choice between traditional Sela Green and QR especially only having the website. My heart kept going back to QR - its "rich" and stands out. Reminds me of the used 2nd hand paint job on my first vehicle my Dad "gifted" me heading off to 3rd yr university - a manual 4 sp '72 Ford Courier - she was a beauty (not), Bare bones basic truck 😂:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer here in Colorado had bout 60 of them getting prepped for those lucky individuals that had their orders placed so I was able to see them all In person. The first time I visited the week prior it was cloudy and snow was on most of them, but yesterday it was bright and sunny. That made a big difference. This was the one in the garage that caught my attention:IMG_8768.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Don’t be shy! The colour is great and I don’t regret choosing it.
In fact I met some people who told me that they haven’t been bold enough when it was time to configure the car. So they choose a more „compatible“ colour and and felt a little bit sorry after delivery.
Make it your style!

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t be shy! The colour is great and I don’t regret choosing it.
In fact I met some people who told me that they haven’t been bold enough when it was time to configure the car. So they choose a more „compatible“ colour and and felt a little bit sorry after delivery.
Make it your style!
Thanks and aready have as I configured it with every option of the FM and TM except the air stack (wife really didn’t like that). Very excited and wish the wait wasn’t sooooo long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom