The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coil Springs (specs v build)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
My 110 from 1984 has a GVM of 2950 kg.
My 110 from 2013 has a GVM of 3050 kg.
If I want to upgrade to 3500, like the grenadier, a need to install other springs.
You're absolutely right - my earlier post was wrong.

Only the 130 chassis cab had a gross weight of 3,500kg.

Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
@jeremy_matrix great work! The rear coils probably the same across the range because they need to operate satisfactorily across a wide load "band" ... including up to GVM with max. towball download. ...

On your knees lads! Go seek and find! Post those rear coil pics showing serial numbers and colour markings!!:cool:

Thx much! Updated list below. Regretfully at my driving session I didn't think to clean off springs and look for colors, but I did happen to get a pic of a USA rear # but not colors/shapes.

**LIGHT**

DCPU; UK spec, N1 (which is a 2seat UtilityWagon/UW, but then you had them add the rear bench to make it a 5seat??), RHD, diesel, no winch, 17" steel wheels with BFG KO2 tyres, ROOF RACK, LIGHT BAR, SNORKEL, SIDE RUNNERS OR ROCK SLIDERS?
Front: EI-0000019546 (2 green circles)
Rear: EI-0000021752 (2 blue triangles)

**HEAVY**

Eldoret Blue up on inspection rack, Seattle WA; USA spec, M1 SW, Fieldmaster, petrol, winch, 18" alloy, roof rack, side runners, SNORKEL?
Front: ?? (??)
Rear; EI-0000019650 (??)

Arkaig; UK spec, M1 SW, Fieldmaster, diesel, winch, WHICH TIRES/WHEELS?(adds some unsprung weight to the rig), ROOF RACK, LIGHT BAR, SNORKEL, SIDE RUNNERS OR ROCK SLIDERS?
Front: EI-0000019547 (2 red circles)
Rear; ?? (??)

We need a bit more data...

17" steel wheels with BFG KO2 tyres

Thx.
ROOF RACK, LIGHT BAR, SNORKEL, SIDE RUNNERS OR ROCK SLIDERS?

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the commercial versions have heavier spring ratings than the belstaff editions? Other accessories excepted..

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the commercial versions have heavier spring ratings than the belstaff editions? Other accessories excepted..
If the payloads (or, to be precise, GVMs) are similar one would assume no.

Reactions: Max
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
@jeremy_matrix great work! The rear coils probably the same across the range because they need to operate satisfactorily across a wide load "band" ... including up to GVM with max. towball download. ...

On your knees lads! Go seek and find! Post those rear coil pics showing serial numbers and colour markings!!:cool:

Thank you, but I see that no one else has been under an IG lately to scope other spring numbers/colors?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
2 seat petrol commercial, winch, roof rack, side steps dual battery , tow pack etc. IMG_1749.jpeg
front springs EL- 0000019546
rear springs EL- 0000019550IMG_1750.jpeg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
This info is great. I noticed in the Black Sheep video he said he used Eibach springs with 6cm lift. He didn’t mention part numbers.

Also, I’m 6+ months from IG ownership.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
What is the cost of new springs and getting them installed?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
2 seat petrol commercial, winch, roof rack, side steps dual battery , tow pack etc.
front springs EL- 0000019546
rear springs EL- 0000019550
Excellent, so diesel, no winch has same front springs as petrol with winch & a new set of rear springs. 👍.

I'd edit the first post to include all the summary info but alas I do not have such privileges.

AWo

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Those bump stops if that’s what they are? They are substantial looking
These bump stops are very good. I replaced the very hard blocking bump stops with this kind of bump stops. Mine can absorb 2 t on 10 cm and release the stored energy slowly. They prevent an explosive kick when they got compressed. That could happen easily when you're driving downhill with a ladden car and you reach the bottom.

AWo

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't take out my 4 Brazilian hammocks, but took a nap under my car while my wife is gone I don't know where :); my intelligent camera took some pictures.

My car:
Vehicle: Trialmaster or Trailmaster, as you wish and feel :unsure:, EU spec, M1, LHD, 5 seat, petrol, winch, dual battery, tyres BF Goodrich A/T, steel rim, safari windows, snorkel or RAI (Jesus, an abbreviation :eek:), NO side steps; did I miss something? ;)
[EDITED: I ordered two roof bars, not delivered yet, and no intention to mount them when not needed]

Front: EI-0000019547 (2 red circles)
Rear : EI-0000021751 (2 red triangles)
20230613_164408 front right.jpg20230613_164228 rear right.jpg

Last edited:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We've been told so many different stories on how many different spring types/rates there are and whether if you have a winch the front springs are uprated/upgraded, etc; so here's the ID on mine.

Please add your own, with spec, and we can work out all the permutations.

Vehicle: UK spec, N1, RHD, 5 seat, diesel, no winch: Have I missed anything?

Front: EI-0000019546 (2 green circles)
Rear: EI-0000021752 (2 blue triangles)

View attachment 7811787View attachment 7811788

Hello DCPU:

There are many rumors floating around on this site and others that (ignoring the winch option) if someone orders a Grenadier with a roof rack the springs are different than someone not ordering that RR. I hear multiple versions of this from Ineos as well. One rep says yes, the others say no as if the springs without a roof are not as 'strong' as the ones with a roof it could create a dangerous situation after delivery. Have you heard anything?

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
I assume if the springs are different that this should reflect the possible fact that someone will use the roof rack and put load on it. The roof rack alone will not require a new spring. Otherwise it woule mean that the no-roof-rack-spring is at ist limit, already.

AWo

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume if the springs are different that this should reflect the possible fact that someone will use the roof rack and put load on it. The roof rack alone will not require a new spring. Otherwise it woule mean that the no-roof-rack-spring is at ist limit, already.

AWo
Correct - trying for the life of me to understand the logic - and I do not think it is the case - to have a different spring/shock config based on choosing a RR - given that if a rack can go on after market and the springs/shocks are not able to support they have now created a dangerous situation. The fact that I can talk to different folks at Ineos and get 7 different answers is even more concerning.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are many rumors floating around on this site and others that (ignoring the winch option) if someone orders a Grenadier with a roof rack the springs are different than someone not ordering that RR. I hear multiple versions of this from Ineos as well. One rep says yes, the others say no as if the springs without a roof are not as 'strong' as the ones with a roof it could create a dangerous situation after delivery. Have you heard anything?
Are there many rumours or just several repetitions from the same source?

I can't for the life of me understand what significance150kgs on the roof or 150kgs in the rear loadspace make when it comes to coil springs. Do they have a stiffer sidewall to compensate for the higher centre of gravity?

Back
Top Bottom