The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Clicking noise - steering

Chris P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
I couldn't find this problem previously reported.
When turning, initially right only now both ways, I hear a clicking noise that can be felt as well. First reported to my dealer, they greased some bearings (forgot the exact name) and that appeared to correct the issue. A few days later and it's back.
Any ideas or others with similar issue?

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
I couldn't find this problem previously reported.
When turning, initially right only now both ways, I hear a clicking noise that can be felt as well. First reported to my dealer, they greased some bearings (forgot the exact name) and that appeared to correct the issue. A few days later and it's back.
Any ideas or others with similar issue?
I have no noise or click. But when stationary with the steering slightly loaded to turn left or right, can on occasions feel what I would call a slight pulse.
I hope it’s not me !

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep I have this problem. Posted somewhere else on the forum. Believe it is the steering column bearings. One member has videod it and another posted his agent replaced whole column and fixed said problem. Will search for it later.

Chris P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
It went away.... leaves me a little unsettled that no dealer action stopped it and it's an unsolved mystery. Fingers crossed that's the end of it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was worse after some fairly heavy off-roading. Came on both left and right half locks. Seems to have settled a little. Bearings allegedly. Have got the car booked in for various campaigns beginning of April where dealer will allegedly diagnose and order parts if needed.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I have no noise or click. But when stationary with the steering slightly loaded to turn left or right, can on occasions feel what I would call a slight pulse.
I hope it’s not me !
I have the same pulse. Like a ghost tug.

Back
Top Bottom