The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Car envy and subsequent vandalism

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Certain vehicles have always drawn envy and as a result, suffered vandalism via ‘keying’, pulling on door mirrors etc. This has been a big problem with Range Rover and the new Defender, but less so the old Defender which tends to be stolen rather than damaged.
I don’t think the new Grenadier will draw envy in the same way as Range Rover or even the new Defender which is now a very aspirational vehicle for the school run.
What say you?

Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
I drive an electric car, a Mach-E, so it has Mustang badging. Seems it might be a double whammy attracting potential ire from a demographic that might loath EV's and believe the name is sacrilegious. Add living in Texas to that mix and you might think that is a recipe for vandalism but I've never had a problem. But I'm also careful where I park so I don't believe the risk is high. I doubt the Grenadier will be any more risky around here where similar class vehicles are relatively common. I also think it helps to drive and park with a level of courtesy to doesn't make you a target.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
There is not much you can do.

In any case, I'm not going to put on a monk's habit and spray my car with rust spray. I am happy to live on the countryside in a dead end street in a residental area.

What say you?

Move to Beverly Hills?

Yes, not funny, I know. Sorry ;)

Back
Top Bottom