The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Can't make drive event. Which interior and color Should I get?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
@DaBull That's the same Shale blue, PT02-079, that I drove here in WA. Looked great after a run in the mud. I ended up ordering Scottish White, but this and the Sela Green were in the running and Britannia close behind.
PXL_20230512_182235635.jpg

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input!
I think the E. Blue has moved into the lead for me personally, but the rest of the family needs convincing.

I like the idea of cloth better, but would not be opposed to leather, if it will be the superior material in the long term.
I have a 2021 Land Cruiser 200 and a 2010 BMW 335d, both with black leather. The Toyota has no problems cooling the interior on the hottest of days.
The BMW...not so much.

I'll be in London some this month. Anyone know if there's a showroom where I could see IG's in the flesh?
I'll ask in the UK forum also.

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input!
I think the E. Blue has moved into the lead for me personally, but the rest of the family needs convincing.

I like the idea of cloth better, but would not be opposed to leather, if it will be the superior material in the long term.
I have a 2021 Land Cruiser 200 and a 2010 BMW 335d, both with black leather. The Toyota has no problems cooling the interior on the hottest of days.
The BMW...not so much.

I'll be in London some this month. Anyone know if there's a showroom where I could see IG's in the flesh?
I'll ask in the UK forum also.
E. Blue is a very cool color in the flesh and as @DaBull said, looks great in a mud bath. I ordered the Sela Green with a white roof because I wanted more of a classic country look, but in all honesty you really can’t go wrong.

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I hope these comparison photos of the colors I was debating helps. They were taken in Colorado with an overcast sky and I tried very hard to tilt the camera until the image matched the color I was seeing. The honest truth, and I was actually surprised by this, is that every color looked quite good in person. Truly, there is no wrong choice here.
I drove that shale blue one with the safari’s and trailed the e blue one at the Colorado Springs event. Went with the e blue sw roof combo with safari’s. I could see going MM in a desert environment like Baja if you really want to fly under the radar.

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a few more photos. DaBull
I see what you mean about the silver in different lighting. It was overcast at the event I attended and the silver was very blueish

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
So, I will be unable to see the different interiors and different colors in person before I order.

I am leaning toward the utility interior.
How did it seem in person?
Is the leather objectively better, or is it just personal preference?

I want a solid color. In order of preference based on internet photos...
Sela Green
MM
SW
E. Blue

Comments on how the colors appear in person from those that have seen them?
I was convinced that I would choose the Sela Green or Magic Mushroom prior to seeing them in person, but ended up choosing Scottish White. It looks so great with the high contrast black exterior components. I figure that the white paint will also be the most heat reflective and is the most resistent to fading. I never have had a white vehicle, but the IG will be my first.

The leather inerior was very nice (though I only saw the solid black) and I selected the grey/white leather. I may change my mind on that seeing some of the forum posts and invest in aftermarket seat covers for the standard utility cloth.

C.J.V.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
I was convinced that I would choose the Sela Green or Magic Mushroom prior to seeing them in person, but ended up choosing Scottish White. It looks so great with the high contrast black exterior components. I figure that the white paint will also be the most heat reflective and is the most resistent to fading. I never have had a white vehicle, but the IG will be my first.

The leather inerior was very nice (though I only saw the solid black) and I selected the grey/white leather. I may change my mind on that seeing some of the forum posts and invest in aftermarket seat covers for the standard utility cloth.

C.J.V.
Hopefully I'll get to see all the colors.
They only had black and grey last time.
Headed back to London tomorrow. Maybe they'll have green and white!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was dead set on E Blue, until I saw it in person. My expectation was a light blue and it is much darker than I expected. So MM for me! I also question modern leather and feel synthetic is a much better and more durable choice - waterproof seat covers regardless of choice!

Last edited:

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
I was dead set on E Blue, until I saw it in person. My expectation was a light blue and it is much darker than I expected. So MM for me! I also question modern leather and feel synthetic is a much better and more durable choice - waterproof seat covers regardless of choice!
I've seen every possible variation of E Blue in photos and videos but not seen one in person. I've spec'd Shale Blue with SW roof but I might change to E Blue if I see one in the flesh and like it.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

C.J.V.
Great choice...I could not believe how the white leaps out at you and you are right the black contrasts it beautifully...I have had more white cars than not and the two things are the heat reflection and the car appears to stay cleaner than dark or medium colours...here in OZ dust is an issue but the white is cool and just changes to darker shades of white or even to MM in the red dust...

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Seeing everyone's choices is great. I definitely was spinning in circles
Great choice...I could not believe how the white leaps out at you and you are right the black contrasts it beautifully...I have had more white cars than not and the two things are the heat reflection and the car appears to stay cleaner than dark or medium colours...here in OZ dust is an issue but the white is cool and just changes to darker shades of white or even to MM in the red dust...
It looks so good. This one from the prototype event is basically my build. Trialmaster with safaris and alloys.

Attachments

• PXL_20230512_182449072.jpg
    PXL_20230512_182449072.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 26

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I initially went sterling silver wanting a light colour but not liking the “off white” of the SW.
I had the opportunity to see both on my second drive day, and fell in love with the Scottish White and swapped my order. It’s such a rich colour, and yes looks more cream than white but I reckon it work’s wonderfully on the Grenadier.
Having seen the silver a few times now, I can’t not see how much blue tint it has in it anymore, so I’m glad I changed.

I also went black leather, primarily to keep swmbo happy and try to convince her (I failed by the way) that I wasn’t turning another 4wd into a truck. 😂😂

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The colour of the sterling silver one at our drive day looked very flat without a hint of the blue that you see in some photos.
It could have been the harsh Nth Qld sunshine combined with the amout of dust and dirt on it.
I changed to scottish white that looked great in the same conditions.