The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Can't make drive event. Which interior and color Should I get?

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
So, I will be unable to see the different interiors and different colors in person before I order.

I am leaning toward the utility interior.
How did it seem in person?
Is the leather objectively better, or is it just personal preference?

I want a solid color. In order of preference based on internet photos...
Sela Green
MM
SW
E. Blue

Comments on how the colors appear in person from those that have seen them?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
Or metallic red 😬IMG_9299.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
That looks fantastic with the black roof!

But, there's no way I'm having a black roof in Memphis in the summertime.
I fear the dark red won’t work to good with a white roof. So I would go for the eldoret blue. My dealer had such a car when I took my one and it Isa really cool colour!
And with the dark green and blue, combined with a white roof, you can’t make a mistake neither!

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I fear the dark red won’t work to good with a white roof. So I would go for the eldoret blue. My dealer had such a car when I took my one and it Isa really cool colour!
And with the dark green and blue, combined with a white roof, you can’t make a mistake neither!
I agree. Right now Sela Green with white roof is what I have in the configurator.
Exterior color is probably more subjective and maybe I should just go with my gut.

But, I have no idea what the utility interior is like, or even what materials are used.
Is there a consensus on the interior?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
I agree. Right now Sela Green with white roof is what I have in the configurator.
Exterior color is probably more subjective and maybe I should just go with my gut.

But, I have no idea what the utility interior is like, or even what materials are used.
Is there a consensus on the interior?
In a warm climate the cloth interior might prove more comfortable and robust. In the more temperate climates, lots of people comment on the smell of the leather interior.

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
I was on the fence between eldoret blue and donny grey until I attended the driving event. I drove a shale blue because I wanted to get a feel for the safari windows it had and the gren in front of me on that drive was the e blue and it was absolutely stunning

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
So, I will be unable to see the different interiors and different colors in person before I order.

Sela Green
MM
SW
E. Blue

Both Sela Green and E Blue look very retro/classic with the white roof.
If you don't want a black contrast roof, both the SW and MM look great all body color.
I would not recommend looking at the colors on the configurator and instead just google
something like "Photo Eldoret Blue Grenadier" and look at all those photos. Pick two of
the best photos and be careful to not include any configurator photos. Now do the same
with the other 3 colors. Save them on your computer and look at them in the morning and
then in the evening when you have some time. You'll find like I did that you go on a journey
back and forth and if like myself will circle back to your first gut choice or perhaps not.
In either case, you will have made a good decision. For me I gave some thought to not
only how I would like the color initially, I also thought about how I would feel about it
4 years out. In the end, they are all nice colors and there is no wrong decision.
Happy Color Hunting. DaBull

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wanted MM but ended up with E Blue with SW roof. Our 93 110 is white and wife made a good point to really enjoy the color on this build.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wanted MM but ended up with E Blue with SW roof. Our 93 110 is white and wife made a good point to really enjoy the color on this build.
I saw the Eldoret Blue at the Santa Clarita / Los Angeles test drive event and it is a wonderful and fun color too. The contrast between the
Eldoret Blue and all the black detailing & kit is incredible looking. Having the SW roof gives it a very retro/classic look too. It's an instant classic. Enjoy. DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I plan on keeping it for a long time. The utility cloth looks great and seems tough but it's easier to keep leather from cracking than it is to keep cloth from pilling. Chose leather for that reason alone. Might look odd in a car with hose down rubber floors but YOLO. Cloth will definitely be cooler in the summer.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score

Sela Green
MM
SW
E. Blue

For interior, very much personal preference, you need to he awsre that the grey on the black amd grey leather option is pretty close to white. The cloth seats look good and have a leather/pleather? Side panels. Some of the photos of leather in back seats make it look like the leather isn’t as well fitted back there as it could be.

On external colours the Scottish white isn’t a stark white it has a bit of a yellowish tone to it. MM looks difficult in different lights, I like it in some, but it looks a bit meh! In others.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For interior, very much personal preference, you need to he awsre that the grey on the black amd grey leather option is pretty close to white. The cloth seats look good and have a leather/pleather? Side panels. Some of the photos of leather in back seats make it look like the leather isn’t as well fitted back there as it could be.

On external colours the Scottish white isn’t a stark white it has a bit of a yellowish tone to it. MM looks difficult in different lights, I like it in some, but it looks a bit meh! In others.
I agree with the Scottish White, wanted to like it, however for me a bit too far off white for me. Wish it was brighter white or perhaps a lighter ivory. The Magic Mushroom did not appeal to me as it look a bit like a UN Vehicle, however it is extremely popular as is Scottish White on this forum. My personal preference is for the all black leather as it has nice contrast stitching and upscales the interior a bit and perhaps easier to take care of. My 2020 110 Defender has an all black leather interior and I like it a lot. Lots of choices to make everyone a bit nuts at times.
As long as it is a Grenadier, there is no wrong choice. DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding color, and I know you said you wanna solid, the Sterling Silver and Shale Blue are very sharp. Eldoret is also way nicer in person than I thought.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding color, and I know you said you wanna solid, the Sterling Silver and Shale Blue are very sharp. Eldoret is also way nicer in person than I thought.
Hi Bruce and NuclearBeef, If your looking for a Metallic, then I agree that the Sterling Silver and Shale Blue are very nice. When I started my color journey, it was just based on the Ineos Configurator. Since I personally like metallic paint, I knew I liked the Shale Blue the best.
I then saw all the colors in person except the Queens Red at the test drive event in Santa Clarita / Los Angeles. Suffice to say, they had an Eldoret Blue Grenadier under the open tent and I was finding I loved it. Especially how the black details contrasted with the Eldoret Blue Paint.
I then looked at the Sterling Silver, (I have a 2020 110 new Defender that is Silver and love it). One of the very interesting things about the Sterling Silver is it looks like a bright silver in the shade, however when the sun is on it, it turns a very nice light blue Silver. Unlike my Defender Silver, which pretty much looks the exact same in shade or sun, the color shift on the Sterling Silver is pronounced and pretty cool. Since I already have a Silver Defender, I decided against going Silver again just to mix it up. I then looked at the Shale Blue and actually loved the color, even though the black contrast does not stand out as much as with the Eldoret Blue. Since I personally prefer metallic over solid colors,
I placed an order today for Shale Blue without any contrast roof. I know some spec an Inky Black Roof or a Scottish White Roof and I must say after seeing photos of both, they are very nice. My thought is go with the body colored roof and if I ever wanted to, I could have just the roof painted Inky Black or perhaps another white that would go with the Blue Shale. Could also have the roof coated black with Line-X Pro or perhaps even wrap the roof or a spray vinyl that I could peel off later. I think anyone choosing a color, needs to first decide if they want a high contrast between the paint and the black detailing on the vehicle or not, then next decide if they want solid or metallic, then choose a color among those choices and then spec a body colored roof or contrast roof. For me, I drove myself a bit nuts and my wife too and after a long journey, ended up with what I wanted in the very beginning. Shale Blue. DaBull

Reactions: DDG

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
I hope these comparison photos of the colors I was debating helps. They were taken in Colorado with an overcast sky and I tried very hard to tilt the camera until the image matched the color I was seeing. The honest truth, and I was actually surprised by this, is that every color looked quite good in person. Truly, there is no wrong choice here.

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpeg
    IMG_3762.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3763.jpeg
    IMG_3763.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3764.jpeg
    IMG_3764.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 80

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
... two more photos, coincidently the three colors I was most interested in lined up beside one-another, which turned out to be less than helpful as I liked them all.

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpeg
    IMG_3759.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 79

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope these comparison photos of the colors I was debating helps. They were taken in Colorado with an overcast sky and I tried very hard to tilt the camera until the image matched the color I was seeing. The honest truth, and I was actually surprised by this, is that every color looked quite good in person. Truly, there is no wrong choice here.
Here's a few more photos. DaBull

Attachments

• Eldoret Blue.jpg
    Eldoret Blue.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 1 - Sterling Silver in Shade .jpg
    1 - Sterling Silver in Shade .jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 2 - Sterling Silver in Sun.jpg
    2 - Sterling Silver in Sun.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Shale Blue - Photo 1.jpg
    Shale Blue - Photo 1.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Shale Blue - Photo 2.jpg
    Shale Blue - Photo 2.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 66
Local time
Reaction score
I had mushroom and then green configured, but when I saw mushroom in person it just didn't look great. Maybe with a contrasting roof, but I just didn't like it in person. They did not have a sela green at my test drive, but still almost ordered one. Instead went with shale blue with a white roof. Just an amazing looking blue metallic, and I am not a big fan of blue cars generally.

Back
Top Bottom