The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
logo.png.jpegBuzz Overland Logo.jpg

Buzz Special Vehicles are extremely pleased to announce that we are the official UK distributor for AEV.

You can browse and shop AEV products here: www.buzzspecialvehicles.co.uk/collections/aev

New products are being listed daily so keep a look out and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date.

Last edited:

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We are very excited to announce that our full product range is now available for orders through OK4WD. They will be updating their website in the coming months to have all of our products listed. We have our first shipment heading out to them in January so if there is anything you are interested in I'd urge you to get in touch with the team over there. Julia is the Buzz Overlands sales point of contact and she can be contacted on juliao@ok4wd.com

In the meantime of you have any questions please don't hesitate to drop us a line on info@buzzoverland.com or post up a question here and we'll answer it as best we can. Others our full product lineup can be seen here.

We can't wait to see our products being put to the test on US soil!

Below are a few shots of recent customer installs.

1. & 3. Rockslider & Hinge Step 2-2.jpg

Rock Slider 1-2.jpg
Modular Cargo System 3.jpg
Floor Base.jpg

You can also find a few video walk arounds on our Instagram.

Last edited:

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Over the coming weeks we'll be posting some more in depth details on our products. We have had a lot of questions regarding our rock sliders so I thought we'd start with these. If anyone has any further questions or would like any additional info please do comment below.

1. Material: We opted to use 316 Stainless Steel (3mm thick) because it is far more resistant to corrosion and abrasive chemicals (think road salt for those in colder climates or salt water if you live on the coast) than 304 Stainless. 316 is also the stainless steel of choice when it comes to marine environments. The Grenadier has been built to last and as such we felt any accessories we manufacture should be fitting of this ethos.

2. Welding Process : TIG Welded

3. Finish: Lightly textured black powder coat.

4. Weight: 23kg per side (Inoes OEM Rock Slider weights approx 23.5kg per side, so no additional weight penalty with ours)

5. Additional Features:
  • Our tread plate, also manufactured from 316 Stainless steel, can be removed to allow for it to be powder coated in the future, when the current coating invariably starts to wear through.
  • We have two integrated hi-lift jacking points per rock slider
  • Each Rock slider utilises three legs to bolt onto the vehicle. We utilise the same fixing locations as the factory rock sliders.
  • Each leg has a central stiffening spine increasing the stiffness and strength of the brackets.
  • Our Rock slider offers approx 2" more ground clearance than the Inoes OEM Rock Sliders.
  • Our Rock slider also protrudes beyond the widest part of the body providing further protection should you end up rubbing up against a tree, or have someone open their door into your Grenadier, whereas the OEM rockslides are tucked under the sill and won't allow you to slide along a tree, a stump or a tall rock without running a higher level of risk of body damage.
A couple of past installations:
1. & 3. Rockslider & Hinge Step 2-2.jpg

IMG_4168-3.jpg

Buzz Rockslider weight on the left, OEM Rockslider weight on the right.

Buzz Rock Slider weight.jpgOEM Rick Slider Weight.jpg

Buzz Rock Slider clearance (on left) vs OEM Rocklsider Clearance (on Right)
Buzz Rockslider Clearance.jpgOEM Rick Slider Height.jpg

Buzz Rock Slider Width (on left) vs OEM Rock Slider Width (on right)
Buzz Rockslider - Side Profile.jpgOEM Rock Lsider Side Profile.jpg

Length of Buzz Rock Slider (on left) vs OEM Rock Slider (on right). You can also see the front hi lift jacking point.

DSC02943-2.jpgOEM Rock Slider - Front.jpg
1. Removable tread plate
IMG_4167.jpgRock Slider 2-2.jpg

Black Powder coat Finish:
IMG_4166.jpg

Mounting brackets showing the central stiffening spine for additional strength and rigidity.
IMG_4061.jpg

Attachments

• Buzz Rockslider Front.jpg
    Buzz Rockslider Front.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Over the coming weeks we'll be posting some more in depth details on our products. We have had a lot of questions regarding our rock sliders so I thought we'd start with these. If anyone has any further questions or would like any additional info please do comment below.

1. Material: We opted to use 316 Stainless Steel (3mm thick) because it is far more resistant to corrosion and abrasive chemicals (think road salt for those in colder climates or salt water if you live on the coast) than 304 Stainless. 316 is also the stainless steel of choice when it comes to marine environments. The Grenadier has been built to last and as such we felt any accessories we manufacture should be fitting of this ethos.

2. Welding Process : TIG Welded

3. Finish: Lightly textured black powder coat.

4. Weight: 23kg per side (Inoes OEM Rock Slider weights approx 23.5kg per side, so no additional weight penalty with ours)

5. Additional Features:
  • Our tread plate, also manufactures from 316 Stainless steel, can be removed to allow for it to be powder coated in the future, when the current casting invariably starts to we are through.
  • We have two integrated hi-lift jacking points per rock slider
  • Each Rock slider utilises three legs to bolt onto the vehicle. We utilise the same fixing locations as the factory rock sliders.
  • Each leg has a central stiffening spine increasing the stiffness and strength of the brackets.
  • Our Rock slider offers approx 2" more ground clearance than the Inoes OEM Rock Sliders.
  • Our Rock slider also protrudes beyond the widest part of the body providing further protection should you end up rubbing up against a tree, or have someone open their door into your Grenadier, whereas the OEM rockslides are tucked under the sill and won't allow you to slide along a tree, a stump or a tall rock without running a higher level of risk of body damage.
A couple of past installations:
View attachment 7834767

View attachment 7834768

Buzz Rockslider weight on the left, OEM Rockslider weight on the right.

View attachment 7834769View attachment 7834770

Buzz Rock Slider clearance (on left) vs OEM Rocklsider Clearance (on Right)
View attachment 7834775View attachment 7834778

Buzz Rock Slider Width (on left) vs OEM Rock Slider Width (on right)
View attachment 7834783View attachment 7834785

Length of Buzz Rock Slider (on left) vs OEM Rock Slider (on right). You can also see the front hi lift jacking point.

View attachment 7834790View attachment 7834789
1. Removable tread plate
View attachment 7834766View attachment 7834786

Black Powder coat Finish:
View attachment 7834787

Mounting brackets showing the central stiffening spine for additional strength and rigidity.
View attachment 7834791
Hi Ryan and Buzz Overland, Thanks for all the detailed info and photos on your rock sliders. It's impressive to see the build quality and the fact you choose 316 marine grade stainless steel for your product. I will be reaching out to you in the next couple days. DaBull

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
How are you doing on coming up with an import partner for the US or pricing/shipping for the US. I personally opted to wait for 3rd party for all the reasons you just provided now it’s about getting them. Also wondering if you will do a winch bumper in the future?

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
How are you doing on coming up with an import partner for the US or pricing/shipping for the US. I personally opted to wait for 3rd party for all the reasons you just provided now it’s about getting them. Also wondering if you will do a winch bumper in the future?
Hi @Msnow22,

We have partnered with OK4WD as our US distributer. The Buzz Overland sales point of contact is Julia. She can be contacted on Juliao@ok4wd.com.

Cheers

Ryan

Last edited:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Your stuff looks great. Can you post a few more pictures of your sliders and your fridge? Especially extended? What are the fridge dimensions (or model numbers) you targeted?

I think it looks great.
Love the rock sliders with a step. Can you point out the hi-jack points on them? Are they powder coated?

My truck comes in Q1 but I know I want drawers that I can take out without too much pain between trips. And I know I want sliders with a step.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Your stuff looks great. Can you post a few more pictures of your sliders and your fridge? Especially extended? What are the fridge dimensions (or model numbers) you targeted?

I think it looks great.
Love the rock sliders with a step. Can you point out the hi-jack points on them? Are they powder coated?

My truck comes in Q1 but I know I want drawers that I can take out without too much pain between trips. And I know I want sliders with a step.
Hey @parb, Thank you for the kind words, that's very much appreciated.

The fridge slide has been designed to take a fridge of up to 720mm/ 28.35" (l) x 467mm/ 18.38" (w) x 500mm/ 19.68"(h) when the cargo rack is in its lowest position. The cargo rack can be raised in 25mm/ 1" increments for up to 75mm/3".

Fridges we specifically designed around were the Dometic CFX3 55, ARB 47l Series 2 and the National Luna 40l fridge. I don't have any specific photos of the fridge slide fully extended but will get a few in the next day or so and post those up. The slides are 100% extension. So the access tot he fridge from the top is unimpeded when the slide is in the fully extended position.

The sliders have a section of 31.8mm / 1.25" internal diameter tube welded at the front and the rear of the slider, as you can see highlighted in the pictures below. These tubes tie into the brackets that both to the chassis.
DSC02943-2.jpg1. & 3. Rockslider & Hinge Step 2-2.jpg

You can use an adapter like this to use these jacking points with a hi-lift jack.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 22.59.12.png

The drawers can be removed fairly quickly, probably a 10-15min job at most.

Any other questions please do let me know. I am planning on doing a deepdive on our storage setup, we'll have our dual drawer setup ready to go very soon so I'll include details for that.

Cheers

Ryan

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Super cool and I love the reply. I don't have a fridge and I would get one based on what you designed for it I buy your system (I need to get the gren first, allegedly in Q1).

If you do a post on the drawers would you mind both pics and a short video? I generally don't love videos but for this stuff they really help understand key concepts like locking mechanism, how they extend etc.

Did you design the drawer for any type of inserts? I generally like inserts for organizing things and not just getting a big black hole...

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We are very excited to announce that our full product range is now available for orders through OK4WD. They will be updating their website in the coming months to have all of our products listed. We have our first shipment heading out to them in January so if there is anything you are interested in I'd urge you to get in touch with the team over there. Julia is the Buzz Overlands sales point of contact and she can be contacted on juliao@ok4wd.com

In the meantime of you have any questions please don't hesitate to drop us a line on info@buzzoverland.com or post up a question here and we'll answer it as best we can. Others our full product lineup can be seen here.

We can't wait to see our products being put to the test on US soil!

Below are a few shots of recent customer installs.

View attachment 7834741

View attachment 7834742
View attachment 7834743
View attachment 7834744

You can also find a few video walk arounds on our Instagram.
Love the storage boxes, a MUST Have

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey All,

I was meaning to update this thread fairly regularly to showcase our products, but you guys have been keeping us busy with the orders which we genuinely appreciate. It's awesome to be part of such a passionate community that has formed around this vehicle.

Our Modular storage system is one that I have been meaning to post more about. We are aiming to have as complete and flexible modular storage setup as we can achieve for the Grenadier. As such we have come up with a few different setups that are now available and have a few more variants in the pipeline. I'll cover each element as best I can.

1. Floor Base
Material:
4mm 5251 Powder coated aluminium

All of our units mount to our floor base which provides a rigid and functional base that can be used to lash cargo to and to mount our various modules to. As you can see in the photo below we have cutouts to allow for the use of L-Track fittings, so this functionality isn't lost when removing the factory L-Track rails. For the installation of the floor base we use factory fixing points located in the boot (trunk) floor so there is no drilling or cutting with the installation of any of our products.

This is the installed floor base:
IMG_2677 2.jpeg

Below the floor base are three powder coated steel braces that the base is bolted to ensuring the utmost in rigidity and strength:
IMG_2673.jpeg

You will note small slots cut into the sides of the braces, this is to allow cable ties to be used for any power you may want to run below the floor base.

2. Drawer Modules
Material:
3mm 5251 Powder Coated Aluminium.
Drawer slides: Heavy duty full extension drawer runners that lock in and lock out. Max load at 100% extension is 500lb's.

We have a few different size options depending on what configuration is wanted. Our most popular is a triple star as seen below. This is comprised of two long drawers and 1 short drawer (this is to allow for the rake of the rear seats in the non commercial variant). The long drawers have a useable internal dimension of 30.25" (l) x 18.5" (w) x 5.5" tall. the top shorter drawer has a useable internal dimension of 27.8" (l) x 18.5" (w) x 5.5". both drawers are supplied with two internal dividers that are bolted in place. There are multiple holes allowing the spacing of these dev ideas to be tailored to your specific requirements.

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_025A3F62C9FB-1.jpeg

Another option is to go for our dual drawer stack, if you need deeper drawers such as this setup we did for a customer in the Netherlands. We also supplied an integrated lower cargo barrier as this is a commercial version with no rear seats. This customer opted to use a fridge side they already had and mounted this directly to our floor base.

IMG_5216.jpg IMG_5217.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_F3609C5DF724-1.jpeg
    IMG_F3609C5DF724-1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
3. Fridge Slide:
Materials:
3mm Powdercoated 5251 Aluminium.
Runners: Heavy duty full extension drawer runners that lock in and lock out. Max load at 100% extension is 500lb's.

Our fridge slide has integrated L-Track mounting points along the front and read of the drawer allowing you to lash your fridge down. The fridge will fit a fridge with a maximum footprint of 28.34" x 18.38". This was design to offer as much flexibly as we could fit into the space and will easily accommodate the following fridge freezers:
  1. Dometic CFX50
  2. ARB 47 Quart Zero
  3. ARB 37 Quart Classic
  4. National Luna 50l Legacy
IMG_5220.jpgIMG_5222.jpg

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
4. Buzz Rax Cargo Shelf

This cargo shelf is design specifically to be stand alone or to work with our drawer and fridges slide modules. The cargo shelf comprises of a 3mm mild steel frame that bolts into the same fixing points as used by the factory lashing points. this frame is made up of two side brackets that have Molle style cutouts as well as a grid of 6mm diameter holes in them to allow for the mounting of various accessories. These two brackets are then joined to a pair of front and rear braces. We have purposefully made these braces un equal lengths. These are installed in a staggered fashion which ensures that there is no central buckling point in the frame. The more the shelf is loaded up the more the braces oppose one another and in turn ensure rigidity. So much so that we have had a customer use the cargo shelf to install a sub woofer onto without there being any resonance or vibrations (as seen here). Then the top of the cargo shelf is 3mm 5251 aluminium plate that also has various L-Track cutouts allowing consistency when it comes down to lashing points throughout the vehicle.

Edit:
Screenshot added of our CAD model showing the framework under the cargo rack that makes it incredibly rigid.
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 18.22.18.jpg

We also offer an additional bracket to facilitate the mounting of an ARB dual compressor as well as a switch plate with outlet for an air chuck. You can see the arB air compressor and switch plate circled below, this makes great use of what would be dead space above the wheel well.

IMG_EEB4CDE50284-1.jpeg

And here are a few customer intalls where you can see them, really putting our cargo shelf to the test.
IMG_0832A448E114-1.jpeg4b2b8466-0888-4790-a820-ab0a39895a48.JPGd992b743-1be6-45fd-aea9-97729316835c.JPG

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
4. Buzz Rax Cargo Shelf

This cargo shelf is design specifically to be stand alone or to work with our drawer and fridges slide modules. The cargo shelf comprises of a 3mm mild steel frame that bolts into the same fixing points as used by the factory lashing points. this frame is made up of two side brackets that have Molle style cutouts as well as a grid of 6mm diameter holes in them to allow for the mounting of various accessories. These two brackets are then joined to a pair of front and rear braces. We have purposefully made these braces un equal lengths. These are installed in a staggered fashion which ensures that there is no central buckling point in the frame. The more the shelf is loaded up the more the braces oppose one another and in turn ensure rigidity. So much so that we have had a customer use the cargo shelf to install a sub woofer onto without there being any resonance or vibrations (as seen here). Then the top of the cargo shelf is 3mm 5251 aluminium plate that also has various L-Track cutouts allowing consistency when it comes down to lashing points throughout the vehicle.

We also offer an additional bracket to facilitate the mounting of an ARB dual compressor as well as a switch plate with outlet for an air chuck. You can see the arB air compressor and switch plate circled below, this makes great use of what would be dead space above the wheel well.

View attachment 7850631

And here are a few customer intalls where you can see them, really putting our cargo shelf to the test.
View attachment 7850632View attachment 7850633View attachment 7850634
Hi Ryan and Alex,
Thanks for the additional details.
Couple questions when you have the time.
1 - Is the very top roof shelf self-supporting or do you need the front barrier to attach it to?
2 - Is the top roof shelf adjustable to move it rearward by 55mm or 2.17" for those of us who are installing the rear seat back recline brackets. I would like to make sure I can move it back enough so that it will not be above the head rests so passengers would not get a haircut on a large bump. I don't mind drilling an extra hole or two in the attachment brackets and top shelf to move it back further.
3 - What are the overall dimensions of the top shelf in width and length?
4 - What is the height clearance from the shelf to the top of the Grenadier roof. I am looking at keeping the safari window case up there along with 2 Front Runner Expander chairs stacked on top of each other, which each measure when Folded: 61mm (2.4") high x 444.5mm (17.5") wide x 417mm (16.4") long.
If the chairs were each in their own canvas cases, and stacked on top of each other, the space needed for the 2 stacked chairs would be approximately 127mm (5") high x 444.5mm (17.5") wide x H 417mm (16.4") long.

In regard to the ARB mounting brackets, is that for a single or dual cylinder ARB. I would like to mount a dual cylinder ARB. Any photos of the brackets and how it sets after install would be great.

Thanks again for all the great products.
I just received your Buzz Overland Hinge Side Steps and am looking forward to installing them soon.
DaBull

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Q1 - I am pretty sure that the top shelve needs the front rack to be fitted from speaking to Ryan previously.

I personally am interested in the Rax shelf, would be really useful for my needs.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Ryan and Alex,
Thanks for the additional details.
Couple questions when you have the time.
1 - Is the very top roof shelf self-supporting or do you need the front barrier to attach it to?
2 - Is the top roof shelf adjustable to move it rearward by 55mm or 2.17" for those of us who are installing the rear seat back recline brackets. I would like to make sure I can move it back enough so that it will not be above the head rests so passengers would not get a haircut on a large bump. I don't mind drilling an extra hole or two in the attachment brackets and top shelf to move it back further.
3 - What are the overall dimensions of the top shelf in width and length?
4 - What is the height clearance from the shelf to the top of the Grenadier roof. I am looking at keeping the safari window case up there along with 2 Front Runner Expander chairs stacked on top of each other, which each measure when Folded: 61mm (2.4") high x 444.5mm (17.5") wide x 417mm (16.4") long.
If the chairs were each in their own canvas cases, and stacked on top of each other, the space needed for the 2 stacked chairs would be approximately 127mm (5") high x 444.5mm (17.5") wide x H 417mm (16.4") long.

In regard to the ARB mounting brackets, is that for a single or dual cylinder ARB. I would like to mount a dual cylinder ARB. Any photos of the brackets and how it sets after install would be great.

Thanks again for all the great products.
I just received your Buzz Overland Hinge Side Steps and am looking forward to installing them soon.
DaBull
Hey DaBull,

1. The top shelf (Roof Shelf) currently bolts to our cargo barrier. We are however going to be releasing a new bracket for this so that it can be used as a standalone product.
2. No, there is no adjustment. We haven't found a need to make it adjustable yet. The design is based around non commercial variant of the Grenadier that has the more reclined seats. I haven't heard of anyone on our side of the pond wanting to recline the rear seats further. That being said, when we release the standalone version it would be pretty easy to make this adjustable.
3. I'm not sure if you are referring to the ref shelf or cargo shelf so I'll answer for both.

The Roof shelf is made up of two halves. Each half is 24" wide x 15.5" deep. So total width of 48.". Height from shelf to roof liner (in the centre) is 5.75".

The cargo shelf (which can be used as a standalone product) is 63.77" Wide x 25.5" deep. Height from the cargo shelf to the roof liner (centre) is 18.18". If you have the Roof shelf fitted as well then the height to the underside of the roof shelf is 12.5". The cargo rack is also adjustable and can be raised in 1" increments up to 3".

4. Below is a screenshot from the CAD model of the ARB compressor, brackets and switch/air chick plate.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 18.18.19.jpgBoot Storage - Heights.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you put the hinge steps to use!

Last edited:

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Next up in our system is our...

5. Cargo Barrier & Roof Shelf
Material:
2mm Mild steel, powder coated black.

Our Cargo barrier is a 3 piece design that ties into our Buzz Rax Cargo shelf. We will be releasing a bracket to make this cargo barrier a standalone item for those that may not want the Buzz Rax cargo shelf. The top brackets mount to factory fixing locations.So no drilling or cutting into sheet metal. You will however need to drill a hole in two of the removable plastic caps in the headliner to access a threaded fastening point behind this cap.

The roof shelf utilises the same brackets that the cargo barrier mount to and make a great addition for storage of soft goods, and the line. Here are. a few pics and a CAD render of the entire system.

IMG_5237.jpgIMG_5236.jpg

Full System 3 drawers extended.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Next up in our system is our...

5. Cargo Barrier & Roof Shelf
Material:
2mm Mild steel, powder coated black.

Our Cargo barrier is a 3 piece design that ties into our Buzz Rax Cargo shelf. We will be releasing a bracket to make this cargo barrier a standalone item for those that may not want the Buzz Rax cargo shelf. The top brackets mount to factory fixing locations.So no drilling or cutting into sheet metal. You will however need to drill a hole in two of the removable plastic caps in the headliner to access a threaded fastening point behind this cap.

The roof shelf utilises the same brackets that the cargo barrier mount to and make a great addition for storage of soft goods, and the line. Here are. a few pics and a CAD render of the entire system.

View attachment 7850846View attachment 7850847

View attachment 7850848
Hi Ryan, Thanks for the great info and graphic photos of the system. Helps to visualize everything in detail.
Be back in touch once I get the Hinge Steps installed. Have a great week. DaBull

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom