The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Built On Purpose.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
This vehicle is really built on purpose. Even more rugged than the Grenadier.

Moderate horsepower but 1100 NM.

I like the look. What I don't like is the weight, the fuel burn and the price.
But it's for sure a nice toy and has an impressive wading depth.
And it has even more switches than the Grenadier!

But my neighbors would probably call the doctors if I were to drive up with it ...

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
This vehicle is really built on purpose. Even more rugged than the Grenadier.

Moderate horsepower but 1100 NM.

I like the look. What I don't like is the weight, the fuel burn and the price.
But it's for sure a nice toy and has an impressive wading depth.
And it has even more switches than the Grenadier!

But my neighbors would probably call the doctors if I were to drive up with it ...

It would be worth a try. If you're lucky and live in a dead end street, not so many strangers will come by and think you're crazy. Only your neighbours. And they already know you. ;)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
:unsure:
it will not be good for our friend from Oz here. the max speed of 100 - 120 km/h might not be a problem. But a range of 700 km will bring up some questions like:
"Where can I mount a 300 liter (litre :) ) extra tank on my tank?"
If this is done everybody will be slightly unhappy when he realized that the "car" still is bulletproof but can not drive over landmines without damage to the new tank...

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
:unsure:
it will not be good for our friend from Oz here. the max speed of 100 - 120 km/h might not be a problem. But a range of 700 km will bring up some questions like:
"Where can I mount a 300 liter (litre :) ) extra tank on my tank?"
If this is done everybody will be slightly unhappy when he realized that the "car" still is bulletproof but can not drive over landmines without damage to the new tank...
We make our own.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The Marauder seems to be a bargain compared to yours. 😲

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you would pimp it up it would probably become heavier than 3,5 tons which means you can´t drive it with the regular driving license any more (in Europe)
Anyway most of the members here are old enough to have the old license which is good for 7,5 tons or a truck license. So it would be welcome.
When I see the typical soccer mum in a GLE or X5 in a narrow street or a supermarket parking I tend to bring down the max weight for the "normal" license down to 1,5 tons. But that is another discussion...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
have the old license which is good for 7,5 tons
I do. And it's 7.5 + trailer (7.5 x 1,5) = 18.75 tons for the entire combination which I may drive and I did as a student job.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do. And it's 7.5 + trailer (7.5 x 1,5) = 18.75 tons for the entire combination which I may drive and I did as a student job.
I may drive it as well. But as I did not drive small trucks very often it is always alot of sweat in the game when I have to...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
18,75t - that's a lot Max 12t here for me. If you have a 'grandfather' licence here in UK (pre 1997) then you are entitled to drive cat C1 and Cat C1E but not cat C or cat CE - i.e 18t or artics

Category C1​

You can drive vehicles between 3,500 and 7,500kg MAM (with a trailer up to 750kg).

Category C1E​

You can drive C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg.

The combined MAM of both cannot exceed 12,000kg.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It was so simple before the EU chimed in.

We had five different license classes:
  • class 5: bicycles with auxiliary motor
  • class 4: mopeds up to 50cc, and agricultural tractors, plus class five.
  • class 3: passenger cars up to 7.5 tons for the traction engine plus a trailer with up to 150% weight of the traction engine (my case above), plus class four and five
  • class 2: trucks without a weight limit, which was in reality 40 tons, plus class three
  • class 1: motorcycles bigger than 50cc, plus class four and five
And that was it.

Then came the EU. It decided, in its infinite wisdom, to simplify the licensing rules in Europe. :rolleyes:

We now have 18 classes. 🤬

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

• class 3: passenger cars up to 7.5 tons for the traction engine plus a trailer with up to 150% weight of the traction engine (my case above), plus class four and five
  • class 2: trucks without a weight limit, which was in reality 40 tons, plus class three
And that was it.

Then came the EU. It decided, in its infinite wisdom, to simplify the licensing rules in Europe. :rolleyes:

calm down. You do not have to change classes.

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score

And that was it.

Thank god I don't live in the common market anymore I thought you liked rules in Germany

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I thought you liked rules in Germany
Our authorities like rules. And many people without their own lives are virtually dependent on them. When everything is regulated, you don't need to think for yourself.

Rules are fine, but harassment is not.

Just a simple example: when I built our house, they prescribed (among many other things) the color of the roof tiles.

And for the garden, there was (and is) a precise list of what to plant and what not to plant. The number of trees is prescribed, the type of trees, the type of shrubs and so on. Even their size is prescribed.

There's no need to think about it. There is in fact even no way to think - different.

WTF?

In this respect, I am anything but a typical German. 👿

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Your citation is a bit garbled. ;-)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Our authorities like rules. And many people without their own lives are virtually dependent on them. When everything is regulated, you don't need to think for yourself.

Rules are fine, but harassment is not.

Just a simple example: when I built our house, they prescribed (among many other things) the color of the roof tiles.

And for the garden, there was (and is) a precise list of what to plant and what not to plant. The number of trees is prescribed, the type of trees, the type of shrubs and so on. Even their size is prescribed.

There's no need to think about it. There is in fact even no way to think - different.

WTF?

In this respect, I am anything but a typical German. 👿
and I thought Australia was an over regulated Country but not as bad as Germany (or is it only certain Federal States - the Old ones)?

At any rate, whilst a successful and coherent society needs to have rules & regulations, there is a large negative to over regulation, especially as it relates to how individuals live their lives and that is more rules can tend to diminish personal responsibility such that humans do not need to think and act for themselves, which can lead to a lack of personal development.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my opinion the real problem is that the government tends to find new rules when there are people that do not respect the ones that already exist.
So after a while we live in a country with so many rules taht nobody understand all of them any more.
The people who didn´t respect the old rules willl if course not respect the new ones neither...

Back
Top Bottom