The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Built in security systems

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Hi, Happy New Year to all!
Along with many others, I can’t wait to get hold of my new Grenadier!
One subject that doesn’t seem to have yielded any substantive answers is that of built in security. On the basis that Grenadiers will be in demand, I have a Defender with various after market security devices fitted (due to the attractiveness of Defenders to some types!) I would like to know what systems are already built into the Grenadier.
Does the Grenadier carry any Thatcham approved security systems?
The last thing that I want is to wait all of this time for my Grenadier and for it to then disappear….
Thanks
John

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
one security measure that I’m yet to figure out probably until I get the vehicle. Is how does all the central locking work. I’m buying a two seater and would prefer to be able to unlock the front doors or maybe just drivers door without opening everything else. I’ve had two incidences where people have tried to get access to the back of my vehicle when in a crowded and busy with traffic area. Once in Morocco and the other in South Africa. My vehicle at the time was a defender double cab Pick-up with hard canopy on the back. Luckily the back was independantly locked and rear door central locking didn’t work, so doors still locked. I know once in the vehicle I can lock all doors but would prefer all not to unlock at once when unlocking front doors. A retrofit fix I think 🤔

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Maybe a software option? My GMC lets you select how you want key to react through the settings menu. IE single click-unlock driver’s door only, double click unlock all doors, click and hold roll down all windows, etc.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
Similar in my Kia, it's in the user settings. I have first unlock fob press opens driver only, second press quickly opens all doors. The setting I think I need to disable is auto unlock all doors on parking. Unsafe in my humble opinion (IMHO) @Jean Mercier an abbreviation (explained) for you, Sir.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
I hope it is harder to steal a Grenadier than this.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Kw94gVUl0
These thefts are all of vehicles with 'keyless' ignition operation. Grenadier is not one of them BUT nevertheless very important
to keep safe control of the keys when not in the vehicle and to ensure doors are locked when driving to ensure no 'hi jacking'.
After market steering wheel locks ( as shown in video ) are a good deterrent.
Let's keep or Grenadiers and ourselves safe out there.

Back
Top Bottom