The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
The thought of waiting even longer for my vehicle whilst someone driving past a showroom see’s am IG on the forecourt and thinks “that looks nice” and drops in for a look and buys the dealer stock vehicle on a whim is currently making me feel ecstatic.

I know it wouldnt happen as the sales manager will have a list of preferred customers who have bought other vehicles off them in reality.

I wonder how long it will be before retailers are pre registering stock and selling them above RRP ?
Ineos have said that dealers will not be able to buy vehicles at all.
Demo stock will be owned by Ineos
Orders will be placed with Ineos direct.
They don't have enough manufacturing capacity to meet customer orders let alone build stock.
There will surely be some people who receive orders early next year who will sell them at a higher price

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Did all these emails arrive around the same time? Or are they trickling in slowly ...?
(hope-dies-last-question)
4 pm in Germany

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a build date of March and now a delivery date of June / July which I'm pretty happy with.

Gives me over half a year to get my new car space built 🤣, time for little production niggles to be ironed out, time for accessories to come to market and time for me to view and touch all available colours.

How exciting 😄

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
Bit worried, I had the hand raiser early access to deposit, paid 2am on the first day, had invoice 320ish. Ordered in the first week I could with October build date. Never had any subsequent comms or emails about the build - do I need to contact Ineos? No email today.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received email on new delivery date to Australia.
No mention of a production date anymore nor in my "Order account" online.

Initial deposit date: 14 October 2021
Order date: 19 May 2022
Original build month: November 2022
New delivery date: April-May 2023

Therefore, a overall delay of approximately 10 weeks from original build date estimate.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received email on new delivery date to Australia today.
No mention of a production date anymore.

Initial deposit date: 14 October 2021
Order date: 19 May 2022
Original build month: November 2022
New delivery date: April-May 2023

Therefore, deducting 10 weeks for shipping to Australia/dealer preparation, an overall delay of approximately 10 weeks. I am not too fussed.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
> Original delivery date November 22
You mean build slot?

And the other "delivery dates" I guess as well?
yep, you are right. the november date was labeled as build slot. Nevertheless in the most recent mail, ineos is writing toward the delivery date.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What is all this talk of Zulus Emax
The airmen/international alphabet is Alpha, Bravo ... Xray, Yankee, Zulu. So "Zulu" stands for 'Z'.

The military time zones are named like that Alphabet; Alpha,Bravo ... Zulu. The Zulu zone is identical to GMT, but they do not name them GMT or UTC as 'Z' or 'Zulu' is much more pregnant and faster to transmit. But this is all related to the military.

"15:05 Greenwich Mean Time" or "fifteen zero five UTC" is much longer to say than the military "fifteenhundredfive Zulu", at least in radio communications. And it's phonetically good to understand even with poor radio signal.

In civil aviation, 15:05 UTC is just 'zero five', and the hour is assumed to be the next time when '05' minutes occur. At 15:20 the 'zero five' will thus mean 16:05. So the hour is only given in case there could be any confusion: "One five zero five". Zulu is not required (even not wanted) as all times are 'Zulu'.

However, if you read a METAR (METeorological Aerodrome Report) it will be similar for military and civil aviation and the 'Zulu' will always appear - like this one

EDDF 272220Z AUTO VRB01KT CAVOK 12/12 Q1023 NOSIG

which was issued at EDDF (Frankfurt) the 27th of the month at 2220 Zulu time. Here, the 'Z' for "Zulu" serves readability: The 'Z' identifies the timestamp when the METAR was issued.

And of course, in movies, the word 'Zulu' in radio communication sounds so cool and important ... :cool:

That's why you hear it so often ... ;)

Last edited:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Reservation June'22
Estimated build was July '23, then Mar '23, then blank
Estimated delivery now Aug-Sept '23

Australian car so I guess than means build around May/June '23... which is about where it was originally. @DaveB i think i'm about a month behind you

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I received the email from IA.

5 Seat utility LHD, diesel, with a lot of extras.

Original build date October, actual December, Delivery date today is January/February 23.

On the order portal on Ineos website, build month still showing as '-'.

in contact with my INEOS Local Dealer, he tells me that he cannot make changes in My configuration, because since the manufacturing date is already programmed, the configuration cannot be modified by them, the field is not editable, of all the cars they have orders them, only two are like this.

He told me that today IA would contact me to talk about those modifications, I will confirm,..

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me it was also October, INEOS says now February/ March.

Trialmaster, Diesel, magic mushrooms

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia
Inky black personally configured vehicle
Build month was October now March April 2023
Put order in as soon as opened October 2022
maybe earlier ones are preconfigured Trialmaster or Fieldmaster?
Sorry just to be clear. Is March/April your build date or delivery date?

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
Bit worried, I had the hand raiser early access to deposit, paid 2am on the first day, had invoice 320ish. Ordered in the first week I could with October build date. Never had any subsequent comms or emails about the build - do I need to contact Ineos? No email today.
The email I got was the first one I've ever had from Ineos that's went to my spam folder, worth a check if you haven't already

Back
Top Bottom