The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
I received the email, which was only uploaded to youtube on 10th October from what I can see.
I take it as very good news.
  1. They are starting to build customer cars this month (October)
  2. They will only start to deliver customer cars "in earnest" in December. Which means they expect to start delivering them before December in smaller numbers.
  3. They have clearly taken on board that the lack of communication is causing a problem as they state on the video and in the email they will be in contact with everyone in two weeks. Not just those with delivery dates coming up.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
I'm also curious to see the view counts for these videos. Not quite the volume count you'd expect for all the 15,000 plus reservation holders?

Especially, as some of us will have watched them multiple times.
Screenshot_20221011_063025.jpg

Reactions: JOB

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a really good point. Check the video they sent to us today regarding the delay - that gives you a good idea of how many people have pre ordered. I watched the video twice - so minus one customer at least.
Close to 3500 views in 18hours.

Last edited:

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm also curious to see the view counts for these videos. Not quite the volume count you'd expect for all the 15,000 plus reservation holders?

Especially, as some of us will have watched them multiple times.
View attachment 7794589
Would it be the case that the emails with the video links only went to those whose build dates were within the next few months?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Would it be the case that the emails with the video links only went to those whose build dates were within the next few months?
My build date was next March and I received one along with the message that they would be in touch with me in the next two weeks to update my build date

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My agent confirmed with me today that the build dates in their portals, was the same build date as we last saw online ... two weeks ago.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received the email. Last projected build date was Dec 22

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Views vs. reservations is like members vs. postings.

We have around 1000 Members in this forum.

But how many are actually posting?

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have no email yet.
But then I didn’t get the original email about the delay either.
I did get an invitation to the hard way home thing at the end of august though. So I assume my contact details are correct with them.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got the link email regarding the delays. My order was confirmed showing 1206hrs 18 May 2022 but the October build slot still missing and will no doubt be amended soon. I placed my original deposit just after midnight on 30 September 2021, at the time I was told l was in the first 50 persons world wide to place the £450 deposit. I will hopefully be a happy old git this 2022 Christmas Day, when big Jim R delivers it in his Santa's outfit !
Ever hopeful!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MY22 GRN - just needs to purchase 21 more and 2023 dely problem disappears!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a call fm my designated 'dealer' to go through my spec. He seemed to think my contrast inky black roof is not helping speed my projected build date. Originally it was Feb 23, then came forward to Dec 22, now according to his portal it's showing Feb 23 again.

I've selected diesel/sela green/UK based fyi

Have changed to saddle leather pack now. didn't seem to delay build but certainly get the impression everything is subject to change.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting article on preferential orders

Don’t know how true this is ….

They have even dropped their intention to reach 50,000 units per year with three shifts in the French factory. Despite this special condition in which the production of the new off-roader finds itself, the manufacturer keeps open the preferential reservation books for which a deposit must be paid, which guarantees receiving the new Grenadier sooner. For those who still do not have it clear, they do not have to worry, because The preferential regime will end on October 14 and regular orders will be opened.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a call fm my designated 'dealer' to go through my spec. He seemed to think my contrast inky black roof is not helping speed my projected build date. Originally it was Feb 23, then came forward to Dec 22, now according to his portal it's showing Feb 23 again.

I've selected diesel/sela green/UK based fyi

Have changed to saddle leather pack now. didn't seem to delay build but certainly get the impression everything is subject to change.
With regards to the roof, it has to go through paint twice as it's not a wrap. So this can increase time slightly.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting article on preferential orders

Don’t know how true this is ….

They have even dropped their intention to reach 50,000 units per year with three shifts in the French factory. Despite this special condition in which the production of the new off-roader finds itself, the manufacturer keeps open the preferential reservation books for which a deposit must be paid, which guarantees receiving the new Grenadier sooner. For those who still do not have it clear, they do not have to worry, because The preferential regime will end on October 14 and regular orders will be opened.
Then I’m afraid I don’t have it clear.
I thought regular orders are already open for a year as per previous communication:
“‘Hand raisers’ who placed their reservation between 30th September 2021 and 13th October 2021 will have priority access to the first batch of build slots. Those who placed their reservations after then will have priority access to the second batch of build slots.”

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With regards to the roof, it has to go through paint twice as it's not a wrap. So this can increase time slightly.
tks Steve, I thought as much. I'm guessing contrast ladder chassis if chosen wld also delay things a bit further - not that I have ticked that option.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
tks Steve, I thought as much. I'm guessing contrast ladder chassis if chosen wld also delay things a bit further - not that I have ticked that option.
I wouldn't have thought so as this is either coated Black, Grey or Red and done once unlike the car which would have to go through the paint shop twice for the roof then the body, I may be wrong though if you ask my Mrs as I normally am 😂

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
WEll I got the email last night. I placed my order 19th May 19.00. But from est build oct it its now still blank. dcpu you're right it's getting tight for MY22 GRN registration....and having now driven one the wait is agggh
It's getting tight...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
... it's getting tight for MY22 GRN registration....

Don't worry. Let's call it the year you started with the Grenadier, or you ordered it, or you drove it the first time, or it was built.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
I think you are giving some people too much credit. They are not invested in this as much as we are and have just ordered one and when it turns up it turns up. They are not interested in watching videos of the factory or it being driven across a desert.

Just for transparency I haven’t watched it either 😂

Reactions: Sam
Back
Top Bottom