The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
(Can't seem to get my account here to show "ordered") Your status is "Ordered" ...
There are some other changes though:-
2. Engine power now shown as 183 (kw) as opposed to 249 (ps), same I think. By law, they must give the kw value.
3. Paint warranty has gone up to 5 yrs from 3yrs. (y)
4. combined consumption up to 12.1 l/100km from 11.838 l/100km. (n)
5. CO2 up to 310 g/km from 304.124 g/km. (n)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Oh wow! Where on the configurator can I find the option to have the gear knob sheathed in whale penis leather? Now that would be a unique feature.
It grows on you....

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
I see that the 'build date' for my Grenadier as ordered last year, has disappeared.
The formatting on the website seems to have changed with four numbers now showing. I am at no 1 (Date ordered)
2 is 'Contract signing'
3 is 'In production'
4 is 'In transit'

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
I see that the 'build date' for my Grenadier as ordered last year, has disappeared.
The formatting on the website seems to have changed with four numbers now showing. I am at no 1 (Date ordered)
2 is 'Contract signing'
3 is 'In production'
4 is 'In transit'
You ordered your grenadier last year?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In the scheme of things a year's wait + a bit is not too bad.
My wife's car just arrived after a firm order placed a year ago.
Imagine 3-4 years wait on a new Landcruiser?
<The shah of Persia hears that there is a car made in East Germany for which the waiting list is ten years – a Trabant. “Allah Akbah,” he exclaims to his minister, “This must be an amazing car. Order one for me immediately.” The car is ordered, and the order reaches the factory. There is greeted with great excitement – a foreign order for a Trabant, to be paid in dollars. The factory decides to build the car in a week and send it express to Persia… where it arrives two weeks later. The minister brings the Shah some exciting news: “Your Excellency. You won’t believe it. What an amazing service. You remember the car you ordered. They have already sent us a cardboard model.”>

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
think any dates in the present topsy turvy world have to be taken with a pinch of salt. still disappointing to be knocked back a few months.
perhaps things will settle a little once the contracts are rolled out, but even then lots of scope for delays.

I shall listen for a certain physically challenged female singing, then I know perhaps the delivery is on its way.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seems a bit strange. I wonder if he changed his configuration? Or is going for the blue that isn't available
Yeah, Shale Blue would add an extra couple of months delay. It's why I switched to Donny Grey when Ineos contacted me by phone.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have spoken to ineos today about these changes. Apparently they’re updating their system. The lady I spoke to also said that build dates have slipped a month, but added that happened about a month ago.. it’s now a waiting game to see what happens once the system changes come in to effect.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I first thought that I had gotten in too late with my reservation. Then I started worrying that late 2023 was going to be actually too early for me to replace my car due to some logistical issues. Then I started wondering when they will actually come. Now I’m starting to wonder if they ever will. Just a lot of headwinds out there.
I got a bad feeling about this.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
The IG is not yet a fact, rather a very distinct possibility - shored up by marketing, investment, hope... but also opinion and speculation. So I chose not to sweat the details just yet.

I'm inclined to think this a deliberate strategy on the part of Ineos - the withholding of info from the masses, letting their imagination fill in the gaps. That's us, by the way : )

This forum seems desperate for facts from Ineos. Yet on the Australian site the last posting in "News" was on 2nd March... 7 months ago! As if they couldn't find something/anything to write about?!

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had my test drive yesterday and it felt really good driving the G. what I would like to share is what the dealer told me in regard of deliveries. he expects a first demonstrator end of November, however he was not sure whether one could make test drives in it already then (no idea why). should the first demonstrator(s) really be built and delivered end of November, customer car production could start in December maybe, which would be a three month delay from the originally communicated build dates. all speculation, i know. but it is all we can do atm. :rolleyes:
I also asked about EU homologation because I was worried that there could have been an issue / that this could be the reason why there are no test drives on public roads for us. They had an Ineos rep at their dealership the day before who confirmed that the homologation was done. hope this is true.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos seems most active in posting stuff on Twitter. Not saying it is the most informative stuff, but it seems to be their most up-to-date conversations. That’s where I found out about the prototype being at a local show. I didn’t learn about it from email or anything.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos UK PR manager position is being advertised. Maybe someone in this forum could apply and help sort them out 🙂

INEOS Automotive: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3222964452

I emailed the Global Head of Ineos PR a few weeks back with some constructive feedback. Crickets 🦗

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So no contract this week (again).... Sigh

Back
Top Bottom