The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score

oliverwood

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone placed an order + de[posit in the last couple of months and if so what is the envisaged built date for the vehicle?

Also are there any selections on the configurator that may cause delays in the build date, such as a winch, certain colours (I like the green, as it would be a work vehicle) or engine type etc?

When you ask Ineos it is like asking them for an envisaged date when man will land on Mars.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone placed an order + de[posit in the last couple of months and if so what is the envisaged built date for the vehicle?

Also are there any selections on the configurator that may cause delays in the build date, such as a winch, certain colours (I like the green, as it would be a work vehicle) or engine type etc?

When you ask Ineos it is like asking them for an envisaged date when man will land on Mars.
Customer production seems to keep slipping, I was told at my test drive event that id most likely get my Grenadier before Xmas, but im not taking that as gospel. As far as spec is concerned, Shale blue is the only colour that's received a delay apparently.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Just configure what you want and order it. The longer you mess around the later the build date will be.
It's like a teenager looking at the girl and trying to decide if they will go over and talk to her.
Just do it and take your chance before somebody else does.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Just configure what you want and order it. The longer you mess around the later the build date will be.
It's like a teenager looking at the girl and trying to decide if they will go over and talk t her.
Just do it and take your chance before somebody else does.
...there might be a prettier girl to come along. ;)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There almost certainly will be...

View attachment 7794509
I registered for the pickup very early on. But after talking to the product manager, I'm no longer so sure. The very limited load capacity will probably be a problem. He couldn't be persuaded to make a definite statement, but I heard something like 1 to. That would be very little.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ouch
This looks like great value as normal product development and associated r&d for a vehicle like this would be £1b +.. Ineos will offset these losses against operating profit elsewhere in their empire.
Its no surprise about component, particularly micro chips. I did read on this forum that the IG uses c 300..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ouch
That is normal for a new business.
Most of your costs are at the beginning and this is taken into account in the long term business plan.
Provided you have the cash reserves to carry through.
The initial losses also provide tax write-offs and offsets to use against future profits.
This assumes there will be future profits.
That is also part of the plan
When one Ineos company lends another Ineos company money that allows for a double tax saving.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
These figures are fiscal values. Profits and losses are settled on a quarterly basis, and as long as nothing is sold, the losses naturally increase. So this is not a surprise. The supply chain problem is not new, so no breaking news for the current business.

The question is how long this will continue. So if sales really pick up at the end of this year, it will be a "normal" course of business in terms of the global situation.

I'm not worried about much, except that if the contracts don't come in soon, inflation will catch up with us.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Wow the Guardian really is a financial Bible. Who knew a company that's yet to sell a single product is running at a loss in its startup phase.... amazing.

This may be worrying if its parent company wasn't a multi billion pound behemoth

prjenns

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked my production slot again and it is now November. So I started with September originally then got delayed into October, now it's supposedly November. Guess i'll just wait until they want my money
Have you received the latest email from Ineos? Earliest UK delivery is now from December 22......!

Local time
Reaction score
I get that email too now but some guys got it month ago.

Back
Top Bottom