The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Brake Controller Pigtail?

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
This might be a little too technical yet, but I haven't seen any reference to it. Does anyone know if there will be a pigtail from the brake wire that will allow a quick connection to a trailer brake controller?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
This might be a little too technical yet, but I haven't seen any reference to it. Does anyone know if there will be a pigtail from the brake wire that will allow a quick connection to a trailer brake controller?
In Australia they are working with Redarc on a trailer brake control option
This was mounted on the dash on one of the test units
1671338541518.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia they are working with Redarc on a trailer brake control option
This was mounted on the dash on one of the test units
View attachment 7798123
And logically could be installed in the blank in lieu of the headed seats control in most vehicles in Australia as I assume this would be the least ticked box unless you’re from Tassie. That’s where I figured I’d put mine.

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And logically could be installed in the blank in lieu of the headed seats control in most vehicles in Australia as I assume this would be the least ticked box unless you’re from Tassie. That’s where I figured I’d put mine.

My thought is to permanently disable stop/start, and use that spot for the break controller knob.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My thought is to permanently disable stop/start, and use that spot for the break controller knob.
Yeah nah.
Not real practical in Australia as it’s on the wrong side of the dash for us.
Top right for the win here. You need to be able to get to it quickly if you need to manually hit it in an emergency.

Attachments

• 0380EF2A-AFEE-458B-91F2-E24127D9BE09.jpeg
    0380EF2A-AFEE-458B-91F2-E24127D9BE09.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I would like o permanently switch the stop start off and re-use that spot for pretty much anything else
Wouldn't mind re-configuring that Toot button as well to something useful

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah nah.
Top right for the win here. You need to be able to get to it quickly if you need to manually hit it in an emergency.
There is a lot of empty real-estate either side of the audio volume knob too.
I can see that white rectangle being removed and maybe some USB-C ports for connecting to mobile phone cradles
I have two mobiles and my wife has one. Using apple car play or apple maps sucks the battery life out of them.
Or move the seat heat buttons down next to the audio dial, I have ordered a Fieldmaster, then use those spaces to mount phone holder with built in charger.
I assume dealers will have extra panels, or I could just make good copies in my shed using them as templates.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
I can see that white rectangle being removed and maybe some USB-C ports for connecting to mobile phone cradles
I have two mobiles and my wife has one. Using apple car play or apple maps sucks the battery life out of them.
Or move the seat heat buttons down next to the audio dial, I have ordered a Fieldmaster, then use those spaces to mount phone holder with built in charger.
I assume dealers will have extra panels, or I could just make good copies in my shed using them as templates.
You've drive the vehicle so you might have an answer for this but I was thinking you could put a wireless pad on top of the dash where the emergency lights are located. I like the idea of putting in HSBC connectors next to the start stop. My defender, let me translate it for @Krabby, my pretender has usb-c in the back of the front seats for passengers. Might Jerry rig something up for that too.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You've drive the vehicle so you might have an answer for this but I was thinking you could put a wireless pad on top of the dash where the emergency lights are located. I like the idea of putting in HSBC connectors next to the start stop. My defender, let me translate it for @Krabby, my pretender has usb-c in the back of the front seats for passengers. Might Jerry rig something up for that too.
There is a flat section right in front of the driver that has a rubber mat on it. you could easily mount something there
I was thinking maybe a head up display

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah nah.

It will work, just swap sides with Park assist button. I’m assuming as all modular, should be easily done.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It will work, just swap sides with Park assist button. I’m assuming as all modular, should be easily done.
Yeah, although having had to grab that sucker in a hurry once before, I like it up high above the handbrake and gear shift well out of the way of those if I have to find it in a hurry.
But yes I reckon a lot of that switch gear should be easily transferable to suit individual applications.

And I reckon I’ll look for a HUD to put above the wheel. Funny I didn’t notice the emergency light panel during the drive (other than when Neil pointed out where the CDL light was), and given the track was short and winding I really didn’t look at the central display much either. So I have no idea if I found it strange or not. 😂😂

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
The ones I remember using in the States had a combined controller with a sort of graphic equaliser display that showed the amount of barking force being applied.
These were usually positioned for easy access giving on the go adjustment.
How do you know the setup proportion without some sort of feedback display?

A

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The ones I remember using in the States had a combined controller with a sort of graphic equaliser display that showed the amount of barking force being applied.
These were usually positioned for easy access giving on the go adjustment.
How do you know the setup proportion without some sort of feedback display?

A
The new ones are progressively tuned, the harder the car brake rhe harder the tow brake. It’s got a numbered dial you stune to get the feel you want for normal operation. I’ve got the older version without progressive op and it’s bloody hopeless.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score

USB.png
This could be a solution, the website is Belgian, in Dutch, but the product is German:

ProCar 67341000 Power USB-C/A

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a head up display
I have the Toyota HUD in my RAV4- it's really nice, and waaay safer than looking to the center of the dash for fast information. I was thinking this same thing- if for nothing more than speed. I haven't seen any of the aftermarket ODBII HUDs, but they seem to have a bunch of maybe not useful stuff.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am hoping agents will have replacement panels for the dash, as I want to be able to return to standard but would like to put Redard controller one side of the audio volume knob and a USB power outlet the other side. Also need somewhere to put the microphone plug for a hidden UHF radio.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is one to suit the Redarc brake controller - part # EBEK-030 but I'm having a hard time tracking one down.

Back
Top Bottom