The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Boot mat

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Bunnings have large thick rubber backed carpet squares. I use one in my Disco. Good for catching cement dust and other rubbish. Cheap.
This is the thing - for 90 bucks I can put a full 10mm thick sheet in there. I cut with a handheld router and rubber cutter.

PS: I template with a cheap sheet of coreflute to get mm accuracy!

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
This is the thing - for 90 bucks I can put a full 10mm thick sheet in there. I cut with a handheld router and rubber cutter.

PS: I template with a cheap sheet of coreflute to get mm accuracy!
Best use of corflute is use as mechanic's creeper

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I put the dot rubber (for Bunnings) in my car. It was good but had a super strong rubber smell

I agree. I also had rubber mats on my 110 td5 and the smell was very strong

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Fabric covers like the Titan are useless for my needs. It certainly provides coverage but it only takes one load item to rip it (doesn't have to be heavy, could be just from a contact point), and the loose fabric would really annoy me.

@Heater - Truck bed coatings like LineX are durable, but typically a rough surface - not pleasant to your knees and the texture hold/traps dirt.

I am 100% going with a cut to fit rubber mat, with cutouts for the airline rails. With my Gren ~9 months out I'm only collecting ideas, but I will be fitting a fridge/slide. My preliminary thoughts are to use an L-track threaded stud fitting with a spacer that meets the higher surface of the rubber mat. My L-track lashing rings will be recessed due to the thickness of the rubber, so any open sections could be filled with rubber offcuts. Nice, smooth, clean.

Regarding rubber smell, some products benefit from name brand sources with a history of rubber product production. I do find that cheap rubber quickly fills the car with an unpleasant odor. But some rubber does smell nice, like Michelin military grade tires :)

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Fabric covers like the Titan are useless for my needs. It certainly provides coverage but it only takes one load item to rip it (doesn't have to be heavy, could be just from a contact point), and the loose fabric would really annoy me.

@Heater - Truck bed coatings like LineX are durable, but typically a rough surface - not pleasant to your knees and the texture hold/traps dirt.

I am 100% going with a cut to fit rubber mat, with cutouts for the airline rails. With my Gren ~9 months out I'm only collecting ideas, but I will be fitting a fridge/slide. My preliminary thoughts are to use an L-track threaded stud fitting with a spacer that meets the higher surface of the rubber mat. My L-track lashing rings will be recessed due to the thickness of the rubber, so any open sections could be filled with rubber offcuts. Nice, smooth, clean.

Regarding rubber smell, some products benefit from name brand sources with a history of rubber product production. I do find that cheap rubber quickly fills the car with an unpleasant odor. But some rubber does smell nice, like Michelin military grade tires :)
I was referring to the side molding pieces, not the floor. Spraying a bed liner like the grey one shown would help reduce the scuffs and wear on the plastic. The floor is a different project. Thanks.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New mats I templated are in and seem fine . Rear might benefit from being a tad thicker, but cabin ones are surprisingly
unmovaeable for the weight of them. Notice that the drivers left foot has protection
Made in UK .

Attachments

• Driver mat RHD.jpg
    Driver mat RHD.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Fitted boot mat.jpg
    Fitted boot mat.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Driver mat RHD vs Gren.jpg
    Driver mat RHD vs Gren.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Passenger mats .jpg
    Passenger mats .jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 133

Donny

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a very inexpensive rug from Walmart (it had Dale Earnhart Jr on it) and used it as a rear cargo mat in my Explorer. I think it was like $5 in a clearance bin. It had rubber on the bottom, provided some padding and sound absorption, could easily be vacuumed and could be tossed without worry if it got too trashed (which it never did). Plus it was funny and a great conversation starter whenever anyone saw it. Best $5 I event spent. Now I buy $200 Weathertech mats like an idiot. Don't get me wrong, the Weathertech stuff is great but I don't think it's $195 better than my Dale Jr. rug!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
I wanted a grippier rubber boot floor, got this from Halfords today, £20

Was quite happy with the result, very easy to trim.

Just ordered one of these for delivery along with a Titan Covers liner as well. Tks forum!

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up a 3x5 $40 restaurant mat at Lowe’s. Still can move airline tie-downs around. Looks like it will work well.
I like that. May pick one up as I need a little more friction on the cargo floor.

Back
Top Bottom