The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

boot area dome light wiring

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
I have a Bison Gear boot shelf and I need to install an LED strip under the shelf to act as the main boot dome light since several items on the shelf block the original dome light. I want to wire the light strip directly onto the dome light so that it activates whenever the dome light is on. Anyone know where I can find the wiring to the dome light so I don't have to connect directly to the light? Thank you!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
I have a Bison Gear boot shelf and I need to install an LED strip under the shelf to act as the main boot dome light since several items on the shelf block the original dome light. I want to wire the light strip directly onto the dome light so that it activates whenever the dome light is on. Anyone know where I can find the wiring to the dome light so I don't have to connect directly to the light? Thank you!
I have the same issue.

I bought a NEBO GALILEO AIR. I can use it in the back and easily take it to a table outside, without the drama of wiring it up. It has various power settings and a Red light mode. You can even hang it from the rear roof shelf, by installing a hook. I will not be mounting an LED light strip on the shelf now - problem solved and it is more versatile.

Thanks to Ronny Dahl's video for the idea.

89822_a__93300.jpg
89822_b__60647.jpg
89822_h__69078.jpg

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
I want to do exactly the same a GRNAMIN. I want to keep it as ‘factory’ as possible.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@RyanT from buzzoverland might be able to assist. The wiring is visible in this post of their naked Grenadier but its not apparent where it goes along the left side.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to admit I was surprised how poor the interior lights were given they are LED.

I retrofitted LED bulbs to my 200LC and they were awesome and lit up the cabin really well.
The lights in the grenios are pretty feeble in comparison.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, all! The Buzz strip down and alternative lighting suggestions are an immense help.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
I had been thinking about doing this also. I unfortunately did not take this out of my Defender when I traded it in because the light socket in the ceiling is the same.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had been thinking about doing this also. I unfortunately did not take this out of my Defender when I traded it in because the light socket in the ceiling is the same.

That looks like a nice solution; I'll probably go with something magnetic.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same light in my Defender except the version I have allows switching from white light to yellow via 3 position toggle (I.e white - Off - yellow). It’s essentially the same light that PowerfulUK sells, just a different vender that offers the yellow switch option.

JIC anyone is wondering, yellow is useful when the season(s) turn buggy. Yellow light attracts much less bugs on those hot/humid summer nights when you’re digging around the back.

I can’t remember the vendor but if anyone is interested, I’ll find it.

If it’s doable to reinstall the light in the IG, that would be great🤙🤙

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same light in my Defender except the version I have allows switching from white light to yellow via 3 position toggle (I.e white - Off - yellow). It’s essentially the same light that PowerfulUK sells, just a different vender that offers the yellow switch option.

JIC anyone is wondering, yellow is useful when the season(s) turn buggy. Yellow light attracts much less bugs on those hot/humid summer nights when you’re digging around the back.

I have a couple of Teralume 60cm Dimmable Dual Colour X-Strip Lights that I plan to connect to the rear dome light. They can switch between white, yellow, and white + yellow combo.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a couple of Teralume 60cm Dimmable Dual Colour X-Strip Lights that I plan to connect to the rear dome light. They can switch between white, yellow, and white + yellow combo.
That is what I was going to install until I got the NEBO, they are a great choice.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Is it the one that 3d Prints a lot of stuff? I can never remember the site address but he orignally created that clip for that light that Powerful sells. I think Powerful might have the switchable one now also.

Thanks for the info on the bugs/yellow light.

EDIT: Found it.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it the one that 3d Prints a lot of stuff? I can never remember the site address but he orignally created that clip for that light that Powerful sells. I think Powerful might have the switchable one now also.

Thanks for the info on the bugs/yellow light.

EDIT: Found it.
That’s it yes.

Before I found Defender3D’s site I had already purchased Powerful’s version, so I have both. They literally look the same in build quality, plug connections, etc…

I decided to try the Defender3D version because the inside of the truck would fill up with all manor of flying critters in seconds during the summer time. The yellow isn’t perfect but helps significantly…as well as adding a significant amount of light in the back that was seriously lacking in stock form.

If it is switched to either light color, it turns on when you open any of the doors. If the toggle is set to the middle position, the light will stay off until you manually turn it on.

Love to see how it mounts in a Grenadier.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
@RyanT from buzzoverland might be able to assist. The wiring is visible in this post of their naked Grenadier but its not apparent where it goes along the left side.
Hey Guys,

Our Stripped Grenadier is currently having aorta cage fitted so I don't have it to hand. But I'll have a dig through all of the photos I've taken and see if there is anything in there that will help.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s it yes.

Before I found Defender3D’s site I had already purchased Powerful’s version, so I have both. They literally look the same in build quality, plug connections, etc…

I decided to try the Defender3D version because the inside of the truck would fill up with all manor of flying critters in seconds during the summer time. The yellow isn’t perfect but helps significantly…as well as adding a significant amount of light in the back that was seriously lacking in stock form.

If it is switched to either light color, it turns on when you open any of the doors. If the toggle is set to the middle position, the light will stay off until you manually turn it on.

Love to see how it mounts in a Grenadier.

I was going to mount mine directly to my Bison gear rack since the dome light is hidden by the rack and also the safari window bag during the months that I will carry that everyday.

Back
Top Bottom