The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bilstein shocks - but which Bilstein shocks?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
That's interesting. đź‘Ť

I note the use of "were being used" and then this has been posted more recently (4 weeks ago):

View attachment 7792384

I think I'd prefer the Bilsteins. 🤞
That still doesn’t say anything about the shocks. We definitely know there are several Eibach spring configurations, pretty sure steering damper is Bilstein Still up in the air as to whether shocks are ZF or Bilstein

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I don't care: Whatever they are, they will be able to do better than me.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Est-ce que quelqu'un connaît la fonction des équipements en jaune au milieu des ressorts avant du Grenadier ?
S'agit-il de butées pour limiter les mouvements lors des croisements de pont ?

1676825148455.png

1676825000655.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Est-ce que quelqu'un connaît la fonction des équipements en jaune au milieu des ressorts avant du Grenadier ?
S'agit-il de butées pour limiter les mouvements lors des croisements de pont ?

View attachment 7803689

View attachment 7803688
If I go to my dealer in the next week (not sure I will), I will ask him, but I am almost sure that they don't know it.

Si je retourne chez mon distributeur (mais je ne suis pas certain que je le ferais), je lui demanderai, mais je suis presque certain qu'il ne le saura pas!

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't offer remote reservoir units as an option, particularly for those living and working in the outbacks of Aus and Africa.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Honestly it is a bit disappointing this info isn't available yet. We have a long list of esteemed vendors, but would be preferable to have more details on the components on each, for those pulling the trigger tomorrow!
Hopefully it it's not like Toyota - your LC/Prado is made in Japan and your Hilux is made in Thailand... they still sell the Thai built Hilux units for ASTRONOMICAL COSTS and the quality isn't the same! Surely it isn't something like this. :unsure:

Local time
Reaction score
More Importantly regardless of brand valving whether they have remote reservoirs or "settings" is that they are
EASY to replace/check not being within the springs .
Who hasn't cursed/bothered whith front defender shocks???? you can whip these off in 10 mins to replace then or the bushings .

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
More Importantly regardless of brand valving whether they have remote reservoirs or "settings" is that they are
EASY to replace/check not being within the springs .
Who hasn't cursed/bothered whith front defender shocks???? you can whip these off in 10 mins to replace then or the bushings .

They won't have remote reservoirs will they? I haven't seen evidence of such.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NO I just mentioned it in passing to illustrate how easy they are to change.
As an aside......"Werner" (the Ineos driver with the great head of silver hair... who claims to have accrued 8,000km in the Grenadier and has one on order;)..yeah, him!) in one of the videos mentions in passing that the vehicle they were in was fitted with Koni dampers.... no doubt there were several manufacturers in the mix with different damper settings while IA settled on the final configuration. Given the supply chain issues , the 'plan B' maybe several sources for a specific configuration (and price!!!) :unsure:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been reading more about auto manufacturers going dual sourcing, loosing some cost efficencies of scale but gaining security of supply.

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
As an aside......"Werner" (the Ineos driver with the great head of silver hair... who claims to have accrued 8,000km in the Grenadier and has one on order;)..yeah, him!) in one of the videos mentions in passing that the vehicle they were in was fitted with Koni dampers.... no doubt there were several manufacturers in the mix with different damper settings while IA settled on the final configuration. Given the supply chain issues , the 'plan B' maybe several sources for a specific configuration (and price!!!) :unsure:

Goodness, I REALLY hope there are no Koni's on an IG. The Koni quality has dropped like a big heavy rock in the past 2 years in my experience. Had a few vehicles with damper clunks right off the bat--the brand new 0mileage Koni's were either DOA or close to it(rebound adjuster malfunctioning), and had to be sent back to Koni for warranty. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom