The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery system

Trevor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
It would seem all the electrical outlets for accessories (fridge etc) have their current drawn from the main (crank) battery. I thought that the ctek powerpass automatically enabled the car to be able to crank from the service battery when the crank battery is low ? I read here many people who have had a 'flat' crank battery none have said the car started from the service battery ?? Im concerned that when i camp in the bush for more than a week my accessories will drain the main battery and i will be unable to crank the engine without me getting resourceful !!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
It would seem all the electrical outlets for accessories (fridge etc) have their current drawn from the main (crank) battery. I thought that the ctek powerpass automatically enabled the car to be able to crank from the service battery when the crank battery is low ? I read here many people who have had a 'flat' crank battery none have said the car started from the service battery ?? Im concerned that when i camp in the bush for more than a week my accessories will drain the main battery and i will be unable to crank the engine without me getting resourceful !!
Most people who had battery problems had it because of a bad battery or some kind of other erroneous power draining system.

Quite a lot of people had no battery problems at all, although the setup of Ineos is indeed quite unusual.

The auxiliary (service) battery is indeed recharging the main (crank) battery through the CTEK SmartPass. Of course, multiple accessories could drain the battery setup of your Ineos. That's why some people (including me) have installed a bluetooth battery monitoring system in the car.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
Based on what we know so far, there should always be enough in the service battery to start the vehicle. Theory is that when the starter battery gets to a point where it can no longer start the vehicle the Smartpass will disconnect the service battery. Once you try to start the vehicle the Smartpass reconnects the service battery which supplies enough power to the starter battery to turn the engine over.

If you search this forum you will find information on having main consumers diverted to the service battery. Personally, I will run a separate LiFePO4 to power my fridge and other higher current draw items.

Back
Top Bottom