The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Petrol/Gas B58 or B58TU?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
Since a bunch of us have our grenadiers, did anyone confirm the exact version of the B58? TU or TU2?
Hi shiv.nandak, The B58 petrol engine is the B58TU and not the TU2 version.
The TU version does not have port injection and the TU2 does. Perhaps they will upgrade to the TU2 in the near future as from my understanding is that also having port injection keeps the valves cleaner with less build up and provides more flexibility for higher performance. Here's some links from some forum members that I believe is the most up to date info on engine type, however I am not aware of anyone confirming the exact engine designatation as the BMW engine is a unique to Grenadier. DaBulll
GAS VERSION IS THE BMW-B58TU – CONFIRMED BY INEOS
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/b58tu-variant-confirmed-petrol-engine-variant.12398740/

Note: Not sure which exact variant of the B589TU Grenaider is getting as it is unique to Grenadier, however the base model of the engine is B58TU. It may be what is called the B58TU-C variant, however I don’t think we have confirmation of this yet.

I ASKED MOSSEY WHAT PETROL ENGINE THE GRENADIER HAS AND THEY WROTE BACK

“I can't find anything directly from INEOS but from my understanding it is the B58B30C which is essentially the B58B30M1 with a different turbo setup. Parts catalog only says "Petrol / 3.0L / i6 / B58 [TU1]"
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/b58-engine-overview.12085290/post-1333235720

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that it is B58TU mainly because it is de-tuned and also from my opinion resists high RPM. So even a occasional "Italian tune-up" to keep carbon build up at bay will be difficult. I guess it could be done when the transmission is in manual mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom